ADVERTISEMENT

Portal News

Amoore has a ‘no contact’ tag. 6’5” freshman center Clara Strack has also transferred from Va Tech with the same tag.

• Angry
Reactions: Bardman
We will have to deal with them when we play UK next season. Va Tech won't be able to brag how they sell out every game next season. Ha ha 😂

Amoore was as good as anyone in the ACC last year; hate seeing her at UK. Jeff needs to find a serious offensive transfer who can create their own shot.

Poor Va Tech they haven’t even named a replacement coach who can start rebuilding.

I hope she has some good recruiting connection’s because she has a big task in front of her.

Next years team will have more talent and size than this years team. I also like that Cochran and Russell are coming back and will give some leadership to the team.

This year’s team had good overall size. We didn’t have a defensive threat in the paint. What I think this group lacked (other than good passing skills) was just drive. They didn’t have that urgency, that intensity that CJW’s team normally show.

Looking at current portal entries….there are pots of intriguing options. Handful of frontcourt players who could provide experience along with rebounding/scoring. Then, there are some guards out there who appear to have very good stats. Of course stats are all I have to go off of. There are two UK players I’d like to see in a Cards uni. - Maddie Scherr and Ajae Petty.

Last edited:
Reactions: KozmasAgain
The gal from Clarksville (down the road) is said to be the most sought after player in TN. in recent memory. Has achieved the most acclaim in the area since Ms. Pat Summitt. I've seen her play on tv a couple of times and she is 'the deal'. From what I've heard, all the big schools are calling on her. If UT doesn't sign her, hey, why not the Cards? By the way, she's about 5' 10"/11", Ms. Basketball, etc. Can shoot lights-out and handles ball well. A great get!

The gal from Clarksville (down the road) is said to be the most sought after player in TN. in recent memory. Has achieved the most acclaim in the area since Ms. Pat Summitt. I've seen her play on tv a couple of times and she is 'the deal'. From what I've heard, all the big schools are calling on her. If UT doesn't sign her, hey, why not the Cards? By the way, she's about 5' 10"/11", Ms. Basketball, etc. Can shoot lights-out and handles ball well. A great get!
Who is it? Is she a portal option or still in HS?

I just looked her up again she is in the class of 2024. She has narrowed her choices to Louisville, sUcK and North Carolina. I am surprised UNC is in the mix with the fact that they lost to South Carolina by 40 points in the Tournament and they lose some key players. I would think she would want to go somewhere that has a possibility of doing damage in the Tournament. I can see sUcK because of Kenny Brooks.

I just looked her up again she is in the class of 2024. She has narrowed her choices to Louisville, sUcK and North Carolina. I am surprised UNC is in the mix with the fact that they lost to South Carolina by 40 points in the Tournament and they lose some key players. I would think she would want to go somewhere that has a possibility of doing damage in the Tournament. I can see sUcK because of Kenny Brooks.
One of UNC's top players just went into portal today. Hope it's not because she heard Berry is coming

Another player in the portal I would like to get is Saylor Poffenbarger from Arkansas. She is a 6’2” guard/forward.

They rank the top 15 players in the portal and last year they ranked HVL as the 3rd best player in the portal. This year they ranked her as the 10th best player in the portal. Every time I see an article on her they say she is looking for the same situation she had at Louisville.

Her reputation from the Mulkey experience will not help her with some coaches. If anyone is actually paying attention to this saga, it should provide evidence that Coach Jeff Walz is a player’s coach. Most can see how Jeff has the uncanny ability to put players in position to accentuate their abilities, and hide their disabilities…….. Jeff put HVL in a role where she could create her own offense, while at the same time helping find her teammates in the open court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT