ADVERTISEMENT

Please excuse me while I make this fball season about me.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
J/k. But, seriously, I’ve been a season ticket holder since 1998. This will be just the fourth losing season since then. Two courtesy of Krags, one forgettable trash of a season by Bobby, and this year, which I’m still trying to fully understand. The turnovers and lack thereof in creating them- so strange. Anyway, while it’s a disappointing season, there has been so much success the last 22 years. Here’s to getting back on the winning side of things next year.

So do you have any reason--besides hope and optimism--to believe that next year will be much better? That's the question I can't address right now.

I'm fine with optimism as long as people acknowledge that's underpinning their point of view...

Since no one can predict the future, all positive predictions are based on hope and optimism. If you have definitive knowledge of the future, you are wasting your time here when you could be trading stock or at the race track

Reactions: PHCARD
So do you have any reason--besides hope and optimism--to believe that next year will be much better? That's the question I can't address right now.

I'm fine with optimism as long as people acknowledge that's underpinning their point of view...
I already said the reason. We’ve had a good amount of success the last two decades+. Failing to maintain that success isn’t an option. If it’s Satterfield who maintains, great. If it’s someone else, that’s fine, too.

I don't see much reason to expect a big difference in next year's results. Recruiting is likely to be in line with the talent we already have on the roster. And I haven't been hearing about the need for assistant coaching changes. If anything--and I haven't updated my own analysis--it looks like the defense is a little better this year.

So if nothing changes, why would my expectations for next year be much different than this year?...

Reactions: Cardiac Red
So if nothing changes, why would my expectations for next year be much different than this year?...

Because the players are a year older, they have been in the same system for 3 years, they have talent and good coaches, they have been improving incrementally and will continue to do so. You can choose to be positive unless you have a reason not to be, or negative unless you have a reason not to be. I choose the former.

Because the players are a year older, they have been in the same system for 3 years, they have talent and good coaches, they have been improving incrementally and will continue to do so. You can choose to be positive unless you have a reason not to be, or negative unless you have a reason not to be. I choose the former.
And I think everyone else's players get older and more experienced.

If you wanna make your case, you need to show how young our football roster is comparatively. I've looked and can't find that info for 2020...

I’ll answer in my behalf. No CSS homer, but how much hope and optimism would have been required to think he’d go 8-5 in year one? Did your cold hard data project that?

Hawkins was our best player the last 2 years, he’s gone. Dez and Tutu are likely leaving too.

We have a defense that’s not really talented. An OK offensive line. They’ll be better, but without the big play threats to mask our issues, we will take a step back overall next year.

The defense has to step up big next year, not just marginally better baby steps, if they aren’t too 50 in the country good, we may miss a bowl.

Malik has to become a one man wrecking crew, but he took a step back and won’t have his safety nets next year.

We may get some seniors back for an extra year, but then again we want to see more freshman play and we may kick some kids out.

I was gonna be patient with 2021, but Satterthorpe has tested my patience today.

I’ll answer in my behalf. No CSS homer, but how much hope and optimism would have been required to think he’d go 8-5 in year one? Did your cold hard data project that?
Sure anything can happen, but I think that supports my point. There's no reason you can look at this year's team and expect better results next year. I certainly couldn't do it...

Reactions: RomanOben
last year we won the close games, this year we lost the close games...we are close, and while the w/l stat is tough to swallow I can see subjective indications that we will improve next year over this. I think CSS will get this going in the right direction, for how long is the question.

And I think everyone else's players get older and more experienced.

If you wanna make your case, you need to show how young our football roster is comparatively. I've looked and can't find that info for 2020...
I’ll ask again, why are you a Louisville fan? Why would you support a school and an athletic program you believe to be disasters run by “clowns” ? Do you just enjoy hating the teams you root for? Are you a Jets fan?

I’ll ask again, why are you a Louisville fan? Why would you support a school and an athletic program you believe to be disasters run by “clowns” ? Do you just enjoy hating the teams you root for? Are you a Jets fan?
You trying to turn ANOTHER thread into one about me? I thought you were better than that.

You could try to address the point I raised...

Reactions: RomanOben
You trying to turn ANOTHER thread into one about me? I thought you were better than that.

You could try to address the point I raised...
Only a partial response. More time in the system and a trend of improved play (sans turnovers) were not addressed. By your logic, no one would ever get better, since all teams are improving at the same rate.

Only a partial response. More time in the system and a trend of improved play (sans turnovers) were not addressed. By your logic, no one would ever get better, since all teams are improving at the same rate.
"No one" is a superlative. But I think you kinda made your own rebuttal in your last sentence.

These were the points in your earlier post that I was responding to. I'm not sure what would be unique about them as far as our team...
  1. The players are a year older.
  2. They have been in the same system for 3 years.
  3. They have talent and good coaches.
  4. They have been improving incrementally and will continue to do so.
No problem with optimism. As I said in post #5, I'm talking about expectations--those are two different things. And unless there's evidence that our guys are/were younger, have more talent or better coaching, or that the U of L "system" for some reason is superior, I can't find a good reason for greater expectations.

Of course, a win today would help the cause...

Last edited:
The schedule is concerning. Open with Ole Miss. They have won 3 in a row their offense is tough. Put 48 on Bama in a loss. That game has potential to be demoralizing. UCF and UK are tough games. Open 1-3 a real possibility.

Team must improve on turnovers to increase chances of winning close games.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT