ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino knew Bowen recrutiment shady

Let's put this "news" factually in the right form...

First, Pitino REPORTED that DePaul was trying to pay Bowen. Go ask a DePaul athletics staffer if that information is true, and let us know the answer.

For those of you who always suspected Pitino knew something... If you're thinking "what do you expect DePaul to say?" you're in effect choosing WHEN you wanna believe Pitino. That is, he was lying on what he knew about Bowen, but he's speaking factually about DePaul. So, you'll change your perspective on Pitino's credibility to satisfy your agenda. In my world, that's called "failing to connect all of the dots."

Now, I tend to believe Pitino. So you could likewise say I have to believe what he says about DePaul. So what did he say about DePaul? He stated they were trying to pay Bowen. And how would he know that factually? How would he know that on any basis other than hearsay?

But the record shows that I asked--and still do--if a blue-chip kid U of L recruits is L1C4. Pitino started to forget that IMO. He didn't question whether he should be recruiting an elite player, the same way I'm not sure Mack is doing that today. And that's risky business. Perhaps Mack should look at the example of his predecessor. You stay away from kids that smell...

Last edited:
Reactions: Card Fan In Bama
Let's put this "news" factually in the right form...

First, Pitino REPORTED that DePaul was trying to pay Bowen. Go ask a DePaul athletics staffer if that information is true, and let us know the answer.

For those of you who always suspected Pitino knew something... If you're thinking "what do you expect DePaul to say?" you're in effect choosing WHEN you wanna believe Pitino. That is, he was lying on what he knew about Bowen, but he's speaking factually about DePaul. So, you'll change your perspective on Pitino's credibility to satisfy your agenda. In my world, that's called "failing to connect all of the dots."

Now, I tend to believe Pitino. So you could likewise say I have to believe what he says about DePaul. So what did he say about DePaul. He stated they were trying to pay Bowen. And how would he know that factually? How would he know that on any basis other than hearsay?

But the record shows that I asked--and still do--if a blue-chip kid U of L recruits is L1C4. Pitino started to forget that IMO. He didn't question whether he should be recruiting an elite player, the same way I'm not sure Mack is doing that today. And that's risky business. Perhaps Mack should look at the example of his predecessor. You stay away from kids that smell...
So, in a nutshell. You're pretty much the only one who can connect the dots and you believe Pitino. Got it.

So, in a nutshell. You're pretty much the only one who can connect the dots and you believe Pitino. Got it.
I'm a guy who knows which dots need to be connected.

You don't get to say Pitino's a liar and a cheat, and then believe him when it fits your agenda. You've forfeited that right, and I'll be the guy to remind you...

HXPFR5O26IRYB57WFLCX7EU2CQ.jpg

If his lips are moving I automatically dont believe him. My opinion doesn't change. If Pitino says something I need corroboration before I'll believe it.

This is all pretty amazing. Don't think I've ever seen a university trying to prove in court that their coach was cheating in recruiting.

If his lips are moving I automatically dont believe him. My opinion doesn't change. If Pitino says something I need corroboration before I'll believe it.
So what he says about DePaul doesn't mean a damn thing. Thanks for being honest...

This is all pretty amazing. Don't think I've ever seen a university trying to prove in court that their coach was cheating in recruiting.
The clowns we now have in charge are pretty unique. We're blessed...

Zipp do you believe everything Pitino says? By your logic someone can’t argue Pitino is lying on one matter and not lying on another.

I don’t know if Pitino is telling the truth. What I do know is he was in charge of the basketball program during two scandals - the strippers and Bowen. There’s no doubt Pitino put McGee in a position of trust and McGee violated that trust. There’s an FBI affidavit that asserts there is a tape recording of a Louisville assistant coach (hired by Pitino) discussing payment to the family of a Louisville recruit.

I was in the military. A military commander who closely oversaw two subordinates who engaged in intentional misconduct would be relieved of command. Especially when the commander appointed the subordinates. The commander would be relieved regardless of knowledge of the misconduct. Last year the Navy relieved the commander of Pacific operations after two ships were involved in separate fatal collisions. The justification? The commander signed off on the appointment of both ship commanders who were found derelict in the performance of their duties.

Pitino argues he didn’t know and couldn’t have known about any subordinate misconduct. I don’t know what he knew and I really don’t care. He was in charge. It happened. He had to go.

Zipp do you believe everything Pitino says? By your logic someone can’t argue Pitino is lying on one matter and not lying on another.

I don’t know if Pitino is telling the truth. What I do know is he was in charge of the basketball program during two scandals - the strippers and Bowen. There’s no doubt Pitino put McGee in a position of trust and McGee violated that trust. There’s an FBI affidavit that asserts there is a tape recording of a Louisville assistant coach (hired by Pitino) discussing payment to the family of a Louisville recruit.

I was in the military. A military commander who closely oversaw two subordinates who engaged in intentional misconduct would be relieved of command. Especially when the commander appointed the subordinates. The commander would be relieved regardless of knowledge of the misconduct. Last year the Navy relieved the commander of Pacific operations after two ships were involved in separate fatal collisions. The justification? The commander signed off on the appointment of both ship commanders who were found derelict in the performance of their duties.

Pitino argues he didn’t know and couldn’t have known about any subordinate misconduct. I don’t know what he knew and I really don’t care. He was in charge. It happened. He had to go.
So what you are saying is that Pitino, who even the NCAA said may not have known should be punished equally like Urban Meyer, who likely knew what was going on? I think there’s a difference there.

What I'm saying is you can't choose what you wanna believe. Does a liar always lie? No, but the pathological liars I know--and there are damn few fortunately--have no credibility on any subject. Don't tell me Pitino's a liar and then take a quote from him that you wanna believe to the bank. That's hypocrisy.

I don't excuse Pitino's shortcomings. But if you think he's a liar and a cheat, then yesterday's news wasn't any news for you at all...

So what you are saying is that Pitino, who even the NCAA said may not have known should be punished equally like Urban Meyer, who likely knew what was going on? I think there’s a difference there.
The NCAA said Pitino may not have known but failed to take steps necessary to prevent the misconduct. While I have a lot of problems with the sanctions the NCAA imposed I have no problem with their factual findings in the stripper matter. But UofL didn’t fire Pitino after the NCAA findings in the stripper scandal. They fired him after news of the FBI investigation came out. At that point it was clear that at best Pitino was bringing in subordinates who cared nothing for NCAA rules and was failing to adequately oversee their conduct to prevent such misconduct. That warrants dismissal.

What I'm saying is you can't choose what you wanna believe. Does a liar always lie? No, but the pathological liars I know--and there are damn few fortunately--have no credibility on any subject. Don't tell me Pitino's a liar and then take a quote from him that you wanna believe to the bank. That's hypocrisy.

I don't excuse Pitino's shortcomings. But if you think he's a liar and a cheat, then yesterday's news wasn't any news for you at all...
I agree with you in response to someone who argues Pitino lies every time his lips move. But I know people who lie with a straight face on some things and tell the truth on others. Just the other day I told Mrs Fred her butt didn’t look big.

Reactions: zipp and shutzhund
The NCAA said Pitino may not have known but failed to take steps necessary to prevent the misconduct. While I have a lot of problems with the sanctions the NCAA imposed I have no problem with their factual findings in the stripper matter. But UofL didn’t fire Pitino after the NCAA findings in the stripper scandal. They fired him after news of the FBI investigation came out. At that point it was clear that at best Pitino was bringing in subordinates who cared nothing for NCAA rules and was failing to adequately oversee their conduct to prevent such misconduct. That warrants dismissal.
I’m not condoning anything that Pitino did, I’m simply pointing out that’s there no consistency in how the NCAA deals in these matters. They seem to want to have the final say on players but yet are arbitrary when dealing with certain universities.

Consistency has never been an effective defense. Dawkins, Pitino et al knew the NCAA's chances of catching them was nearly zero. The NCAA has no subpoena power, no ability to tap phones, conduct undercover recordings etc. They never dreamed they'd run up against the FBI.

I’ll after Pitino lays all his cards out on the table, he will take a head coaching job at some place like Pepperdine, where he can atleast get them to the tournament every year. I don’t think Pitino is completely done and I think there are schools out there that will give him a chance

I have no problem with Pitino's ultimate outcome. I have big problems with the way the clown show handled it. And I believe it had everything to do with getting at Jurich. Pitino was actually a pawn on the chessboard...

I have no problem with Pitino's ultimate outcome. I have big problems with the way the clown show handled it. And I believe it had everything to do with getting at Jurich. Pitino was actually a pawn on the chessboard...

If you strongly believe your 2nd to last sentence then you must be extremely pissed at Pitino....because without Pitino’s lack of oversight and poor staffing, TJ would still be AD.

If you strongly believe your 2nd to last sentence then you must be extremely pissed at Pitino....because without Pitino’s lack of oversight and poor staffing, TJ would still be AD.
I don't get "pissed" at basketball coaches. Truth be told, all Pitino did was give your clown show an earlier opportunity to dump Jurich than they would have had anyway. In retrospect, Jurich's days were numbered when Ramsey was railroaded.

And of course another slapd!ck likes your posts. You guys are kindred spirits.

parade%20of%20fools%202_zpsdkfvdkfu.jpg

I don't get "pissed" at basketball coaches. Truth be told, all Pitino did was give your clown show an earlier opportunity to dump Jurich than they would have had anyway. In retrospect, Jurich's days were numbered when Ramsey was railroaded.

And of course another slapd!ck likes your posts. You guys are kindred spirits.

parade%20of%20fools%202_zpsdkfvdkfu.jpg
I liked it simply because he's right and you're moving the goalposts as usual. How about posting that self portrait gif of yours again.

Color me shocked. I never thought a guy that Pitino was never recruiting woke up one day and said I’d like to go to Louisville. Bowen wasn’t even worth the fee. Hell atleast we got our moneys worth out of Anthony David. Had Pitino not had other things like sypher and hookers looming over him, he might of survived this just because he was at one time one of the most respected coaches in coll he basketball

Pitino doesn't need lawyers. He needs twenty feet of duct tape and someone to wrap it and seal his mouth shut. He would make an excellent witness for the prosecution the more he talks.

Pitino doesn't need lawyers. He needs twenty feet of duct tape and someone to wrap it and seal his mouth shut. He would make an excellent witness for the prosecution the more he talks.
That’s his problem he doesn’t know when to stfu. Maybe he can hire the slimmest lawyer of them all in Jose baez, that got Casey Anthony off, and tried to help Aaron Hernandez. It would be a perfect fit. I will read his book though especially if he talks about recruits from all his stops and what their demands were .

Your trying to combine a small white lie, with a lie that brings more damage with it. Of course everything RP says isant a lie. Thats silly. But when his but is on the line. Ya I think he would and has been proven to lie. If you don't believe that. Then go ask his wife and family how long it took him to come clean about having extra material affairs. Your making this more difficult then it has to be. RP has a history of lying and cheating. Sorry. But if a man is OK with cheating on his wife. Then I'm sure cheating to get an advantage in a game. Isant to hard to believe.

Your trying to combine a small white lie, with a lie that brings more damage with it. Of course everything RP says isant a lie. Thats silly. But when his but is on the line. Ya I think he would and has been proven to lie. If you don't believe that. Then go ask his wife and family how long it took him to come clean about having extra material affairs. Your making this more difficult then it has to be. RP has a history of lying and cheating. Sorry. But if a man is OK with cheating on his wife. Then I'm sure cheating to get an advantage in a game. Isant to hard to believe.
Yeah, but you don't get to pick--or analyze--which lies you wanna believe.

Esp. a slappy...

Because you don't know the difference--whether he's lying or telling the truth--if that's how you think. And there's every likelihood you'll simply choose to fit your agenda.

In the case of slappies specifically, we already know you have an agenda...

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Because you don't know the difference--whether he's lying or telling the truth--if that's how you think. And there's every likelihood you'll simply choose to fit your agenda.

Personally, I'd choose to apply common sense, known facts and simple context. In most cases, those things will ferret out the real lies. I'm pretty sure fans of any school are quite capable of doing so.

A person can believe whatever they want. End of story

Personally, I'd choose to apply common sense, known facts and simple context. In most cases, those things will ferret out the real lies. I'm pretty sure fans of any school are quite capable of doing so.
Fans are probably the most uninformed group of people. Hearsay, half truths, message board rumors, media lies... coaches cant spend 24 hours a day with their players and they know more than fans do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT