ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino and the media

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, this is the problem.

Regardless of team affiliation, there are some baseline "manners" that are expected. The Louisville fans are much more malicious than the UK fans. I have a hard time believing Steelers isnt being inappropriate as a moderator banning UK fans left and right for discussing the scandal, Rick, etc. while allowing ULfans to say the vulgar things they say.
This is pretty rich. Here may be an all time classic highlight in UK delusion:

"The Louisville fans are much more malicious than the UK fans."

Apparently, this unfortunate boob does not follow 2 Adulterers, TMuck, or an absolute legion of crazed UofL haters who regularly form and determine the foam churned up by their cutting edge hate. What a bizarre and highly selective range of comparison, lol. All of one half inch of the entire rest of the world!!

Reactions: KerryRhodes
See, this is the problem.

Regardless of team affiliation, there are some baseline "manners" that are expected. The Louisville fans are much more malicious than the UK fans. I have a hard time believing Steelers isnt being inappropriate as a moderator banning UK fans left and right for discussing the scandal, Rick, etc. while allowing ULfans to say the vulgar things they say.
Give me a freaking break! UK fans have elevated Matt Jones to stardom and all he does is bash and creates lies/rumors about Louisville. If only talked about UK he knows he wouldn't get near the audience. I guarantee he will have an entire show on Pitino's press conference with a negative spin. Please spare all of us Louisville fans are more malicious. Louisville doesn't have a radio station or blog that constantly interjects Louisville into their material. I receive daily emails from a UK fan, he is a good guy just having fun, that always includes Louisville material. I don't see Howie, Jodie or Mike R posting UK stuff to just be posting or to stir up the Louisville fan base like Matt Jones.

Don't come over here if you don't want to read how Zipp hates UK. He usually has solid reasoning behind his opinion.

I sent an email to Steelers a week ago telling him the board had really lost it's way with excessive trolling, and I was blown away that as an active poster with mod power he was allowing it. His response to me was this.

"As I've told you before, I don't think your complaints are representative of the board in general."

If you read their board, you would also see that many over there feel, like this particular poster,

And here is the fork in the road.

The standard UofL fan is not reading their board, and/or does not care about how the posters on the UK board feel.

UofL posters, while on the Louisville board care about the Louisville board, they don't care about how you feel about the UK board and don't care about how the UK posters on the UK board feel.

More to the point though, the standard UofL fan does not care about how UK fans feel about UofL or about UK, while on the Louisville board. Any UofL fan seeking those opinions would venture over to their board for that.

The standard UofL message board poster does not have a conflict of interest.

There are examples of anomalies for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Senore2006
I sent an email to Steelers a week ago telling him the board had really lost it's way with excessive trolling, and I was blown away that as an active poster with mod power he was allowing it. His response to me was this.

"As I've told you before, I don't think your complaints are representative of the board in general."
Steelers must have a comprehension problem if thats the answer he gave you. His comment about..."if you go the their board" is irritating as well. I dont go there because I dont care...since I dont care, I dont want to read their opinions on this board either unless they are reasonable...they are not.

Why do so many folks respond to the UK posts? We were having a good discussion, then it got derailed by some UK posts and then folks just pissing back and forth.

What does Matt Jones have to do with how people on a message board interact?

Jones speaks poorly of you, so you curse and insult us? Name another messageboard on earth where this would be tolerated.

Your team got in trouble. Your coach has acted up. We attempt to discuss it in a civil manner. Bwe're cursed and insulted and then WE get banned. The point of a Louisville board is that people that share that interest come here to post. It doesn't entitle you to act a certain way. Steelers banning UK fand for less and letting UL fans get away with more is inappropriate.

I'm receptive to both sides--do or don't ban--of the banning issue even though I'm firmly on the don't-ban side of it. And I understand that I contribute to the problem from the viewpoint of the do-ban folks. Many of my posts instigate the trolling behavior of slapd!cks: if I didn't post it, some or many of them wouldn't be here--which would be a good thing.

I have a couple of basic principles overarching my behavior here which are consistent with that behavior. One is that I'm here almost entirely for recreational purposes, and irritating slappys is a primary source of that recreation. I can't rationally justify that except by referring to the kid with the magnifying glass and ants on a sidewalk on a hot summer day. Secondly, and more fundamental to my beliefs, I like to take care of myself and not rely on someone else. I don't accept handouts, and I'm not appealing to a moderator to ban slapd!cks. If U of L fans continue to show them they're not wanted, many of them will stop showing up. I'd argue it's those who try to engage them in civil discussion who keep attracting them.

Banning is needed for the psychopaths, the drive-by shooters, the asinine insult hurlers. For the rest of LPT nation--which is probably most of them--banning isn't much needed IMO. Just shun and ridicule them, step on them at every opportunity, and don't treat them as human beings. You'll start to see fewer of them around.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Last edited:
...Your team got in trouble. Your coach has acted up. We attempt to discuss it in a civil manner. Bwe're cursed and insulted and then WE get banned. The point of a Louisville board is that people that share that interest come here to post. It doesn't entitle you to act a certain way. Steelers banning UK fand for less and letting UL fans get away with more is inappropriate.
This underscores the point that most LPT fans don't understand... U of L fans generally do not want to discuss our "problems" as viewed by LPT fans. For one thing, that definition--a U of L problem--is distorted because of who you are. Secondly, you're the last fanbase I want to talk to about any legit problems we do have.

You make assumptions when you come here to post that simply aren't true--that we accept YOUR analysis and want to talk to YOU about it. If you approach a discussion without those assumptions, perhaps you'll be insulted less by other U of L posters. Fear not, I'll still insult you anyway.

But it's a public message board. Whether or not you want me here matters the same as it does on RR or boduybuilding.com.

I don't care if you're here or not. Your incessant bitching about the board yet you still hang around is bizarre however.

And it's not actually a "public" message board.

Steelers bending over backward for these posters is baffling as well.

Reactions: zipp
I don't care if you're here or not. Your incessant bitching about the board yet you still hang around is bizarre however.

And it's not actually a "public" message board.

Steelers bending over backward for these posters is baffling as well.

How is that bending over backwards?

I actually dont care what you do or dont call me. YOU insult us and WE get banned. My griping is that the UK posters play by thhe rules and get banned. Your vulgarity with the repeated use of slap____ should get a ban, but it doesnt.
It doesnt cut both ways

Well no.

I have no intention of excusing myself. Your existence doesn't bother me nearly enough for that.

...Zipp in all honesty if you would try to have a civil conversation with out trying to degrade all uk then maybe you would be accepted. But guy you go on the defensive and try to put anything uk down. Anything good uk has ever done im sure you have a negative reason why. So with how you carry yourself you really think you would be welcomed? Hell we all remember the pic you posted of a child and child molester. You wouldn't even apologize for that and say you went to far. Honestly i think you need a vacation away from these boards.
Thanks for the unsolicited advice here. Again, however, you make assumptions...

I don't come down on every LPT fan--just those who say stupid stuff like making stupid assumptions. There's plenty of that on your home board, which is why I wouldn't last five minutes. I have mostly "civil discussions" here, and my inability to engage in one AIN'T the issue. Don't try to make that MY problem.

My question about posting on an LPT site isn't a burning desire I have (nor a desire at all). I simply used it as the equivalent of you posting here. And I like being on their blacklist so I can accurately refer to the chicken sh!ts who put me there. So, let's not spend too much time trying to get me qualified.

Fact of the matter is, I enjoyed receiving all sorts of attaboys from U of L fans about the Sandusky/Fine/LPT kid graphic. Much of it came off of this site. It was just the LPT fans who railed about it and intentionally distorted the meaning. "Taste" is in the mouth of the beholder. What tastes terrible to a slappy often tastes good to others. It's not an absolute because all LPT fans dislike it. And to this day, I occasionally get the request to repost it.

Most of my vacation time is in fact spent here. Mini-vacations.

Reactions: Senore2006
and as far as intelligence--People with limited vocabularies often resort to insults.

Well no.

I have no intention of excusing myself. Your existence doesn't bother me nearly enough for that.

Yet you've spent the better part of 2 days crying about it. The cognitive dissonance is laughable. I know the stupid runs deep on your own board but my suggestion is that you'll feel much more comfortable there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT