ADVERTISEMENT

Perhaps just semantics, but CDM’s use of “need” is little disconcerting

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
Hope I am not inaccurately quoting Dan, but I believe is use of the word “need” rather than “will”, regarding the incoming freshman contributing to this team’s performance, makes me question how optimistic he is about this season’s roster. I will remain optimistic, but cautiously so as the season unfolds.

Hope I am not inaccurately quoting Dan, but I believe is use of the word “need” rather than “will”, regarding the incoming freshman contributing to this team’s performance, makes me question how optimistic he is about this season’s roster. I will remain optimistic, but cautiously so as the season unfolds.
This is a very talented freshman class and there will be some on the 2 deep so they will be expected to contribute. From what I've heard the only freshman that will start will be Parker Detmers on the mound for our mid week games. Alex Alicia is another guy to keep an eye on for second base but he will back up both second base and shortstop.

I thought Moore would get to play but frankly kind of surprised he's starting ahead of some others.🤷‍♂️

Okay I'm guessing that we've got some injuries and that's why we are seeing Moore. He's not looking like your typical Freshman

He could be talking about the eleven Freshmen pitchers currently on the roster.
We'll be back at home for 18 straight Wednesday and the baptism will begin...

Reactions: Bardman
CDM did not forget how to coach over these last few years; as it is no coincidence that our recent decline on the diamond began with Covid and NIL/Transfer Portal.

Its a “two edged sword” right now, as bringing in a freshman class is subject to the Portal; fewer 4&5 year players on a roster makes it more difficult to reload each year.

No, I think he was being prophetic. I know its early with only 2 games in but Phillips, Webster, Corbett, and Koger all look basically the same. Webster held his own while he was in there and pitched ok.

Eleven Freshmen pitchers and yes Webster looks like the only guy that has emerged better. He was really good during pre season scrimmages.

Little did we know Mac was talking about ALL of the Freshmen.
That's a much looser group of guys having some fun right there. No doubt they will have those growing pains but man it looked fun again.

Reactions: Deeva and Bardman
Last year’s performance was not a fluke, it is increasingly evident that roster lacked both talent and confidence. CDM has forgotten more about baseball than most of us will ever know; and I suspect he recognized the issues with the returnees, well before the Fall practice, but is obligated to give each one a chance to perform before he “goes young”.

It was fun to see the young’uns contributing.

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT