ADVERTISEMENT

Onuaku

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Talked with someone close to the program at a golf scramble and was told that the team is moving forward "assuming that he goes pro" and that the staff is "very confident in the returning roster".

Take it for what it's worth. Certainly not earth shattering, but thought I'd share it.

Wishing him the best with the surgery and everything moving forward.

I recall a # of negative posters being less than enthusiastic with Pitino electing to give scholarships to projects Stockman and Mahmoud. Heading into their JR seasons they appear poised to anchor the C position and contribute to what should be a pretty competitive team.

Reactions: SoulSr
Talked with someone close to the program at a golf scramble and was told that the team is moving forward "assuming that he goes pro" and that the staff is "very confident in the returning roster".

Take it for what it's worth. Certainly not earth shattering, but thought I'd share it.

Rick Pitino: Onuaku To Have Heart Surgery And Likely Stay In The Draft
Follow
Mike Hughes ‎@ITVHughes
Rick Pitino told @terrymeiners Chinanu Onuaku will have heart surgery today but will likely stay in the NBA Draft.

I really like this young man. Shooting the free throws Rick Barry style had me watching UL games just to see him shoot them. I wish him good luck chasing his dream and greät health from here on out. I read a procedure called ablation should correct the problem with his heart.

Rick Pitino: Onuaku To Have Heart Surgery And Likely Stay In The Draft
Follow
Mike Hughes ‎@ITVHughes
Rick Pitino told @terrymeiners Chinanu Onuaku will have heart surgery today but will likely stay in the NBA Draft.
Good greif. Heart surgery? That freaking sounds scary as hell. I'll be praying for the young man and wish him the very best. Wow!!

Just listening to Marcus Mavin and I swear I heard him say that Onuaki was coming back. Was that wishful thinking on my part?

Maybin is basing it on a tweet by Onuaku apparently he is on twitter with a pic ture of him in his cardinal ubiform dunking.. IDK how that translates too hin returning but i guess maybin has source that he's willing to go out on the line and state it. If true that's good to hear regardless we will know defintley tomorrow.

I don't know anything about his status of going pro or coming back. When you think about it and how the NBA and all pro organizations rate players once I heard he had a heart issue I thought he would come back. More than likely if he is having a skip beats or an irregular heart beat they can do an ablation.

The NBA might have dropped his stock a lot lower than what he was expecting. They might want him to come back and prove he is healthy enough for the rigors of the NBA. The NBA season is a lot longer than the college season.

You can easily see how an NBA team would have second thoughts now...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT