ADVERTISEMENT

Ole mis vs UofL

If U of L FB fans were objective we’d not have Cardinal Stadium or be in the ACC.

We would probably not even have FB today.

We are….. or were…..dreamers. Dreamers don’t let objectivity spoil their dreams….or hopes.

Reactions: gocds and 2330859
If U of L FB fans were objective we’d not have Cardinal Stadium or be in the ACC.

We would probably not even have FB today.

We are….. or were…..dreamers. Dreamers don’t let objectivity spoil their dreams….or hopes.
But then again, I think our dreams were objective.

Howard was one of the best coaches in the nation and bumped us to the national conversation. We got the fans out to justify the donors and university brass wanting a new stadium. John L & Bobby's early 2000 teams were innovative and as talented as any P5 team other than say USC, Texas, or Ohio State types. We knew we were good enough for the Big East. Then Charlie's recruits and teams showed we were ACC level.

I think because we've seen a high level of football, we can be objective. Thats why Im cautious right now, as I dont see a high level of talent yet. This freshman class has some potential, but they are true freshman. We lost most all of our offensive skill production. I know in the past we have rebuilt and had the confidence, but we also had Cooper, Krag, and Bobby 2.0.

I just want to see if Scott can develop these guys in time to be winners. Our program has a swagger when we win, but we just haven't had it since that night in Houston. I want us mean again. Knocking heads off. I want the fans talking trash again. Im gonna give Scott time as this roster is a mess, but Im still cautious about this current group as we have not seen them and the eye test isnt great either.

I have a very positive vibe about this upcoming team. I’ve not had this feeling for awhile. I believe in CSS and his football philosophy. Plus I think we have a good staff and some depth across the board with good athletes. Our recovery from the Petrino mess is ahead of schedule.

GO CARDS!!!

I have a very positive vibe about this upcoming team. I’ve not had this feeling for awhile. I believe in CSS and his football philosophy. Plus I think we have a good staff and some depth across the board with good athletes. Our recovery from the Petrino mess is ahead of schedule.

GO CARDS!!!
Yes it is moving forward in a positive direction. It takes more than 3-4 years to fix a BP roster mess.

Hell, The Razorbacks are still climbing an uphill battle to get past his disaster roster management with what, 2 -3 coaches after him in the rear view mirror? It takes as long as it takes and UofL does not have the history and the conference that UA has to beat this thing.

IDK if Satt is the one to do it or not....this year and next will tell us a lot about him and the state of FB for the Cards. He has my support and good will to make it happen OR NOT! Up to him and as always time will tell.

Reactions: gocds
Yes it is moving forward in a positive direction. It takes more than 3-4 years to fix a BP roster mess.

Hell, The Razorbacks are still climbing an uphill battle to get past his disaster roster management with what, 2 -3 coaches after him in the rear view mirror? It takes as long as it takes and UofL does not have the history and the conference that UA has to beat this thing.

IDK if Satt is the one to do it or not....this year and next will tell us a lot about him and the state of FB for the Cards. He has my support and good will to make it happen OR NOT! Up to him and as always time will tell.
I totally agree mayo. Just a little reminder to our fellow fans in the fan base, we strived for years to be “big time” and now with the ACC we ARE in the big time. There is much to accomplish and with CSS we have a coach that’s up to the task at hand. 👏👌👍

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: Ara64 and Mayoman

AR is where they are today, because of the bad hires they made after Petrino. It does Not Have a Darn Ting to Do With Petrino after his almost gone 10 years out! Please Mayoman / Dude, act like you know something about Football. A Team in a Power 5 Conference like the SEC, or ACC should be able to rebuild any roster in 2-4 years. If they cannot it's because they made a bad hire for the Rebuild. Or the University is not willing to put the money up that is needed to run a legit Power 5 program. Personally I think it's the former at AR. Satterfield at UL, is on the clock. It's as simple as that. He must produce this year, or next. If not it is time to move along try someone else.

Now as far as this season. I am somewhat optimistic we can win 6 games, and get back to a Bowl. Anything less then that is a failed season, and should be considered that, by any UL fan who is serious about UL Football. I think Satt can do it, in fact I think he can we 7. We shall see, it is certainly a pivotal season for UL & Coach Satt!

AR is where they are today, because of the bad hires they made after Petrino. It does Not Have a Darn Ting to Do With Petrino after his almost gone 10 years out! Please Mayoman / Dude, act like you know something about Football. A Team in a Power 5 Conference like the SEC, or ACC should be able to rebuild any roster in 2-4 years. If they cannot it's because they made a bad hire for the Rebuild. Or the University is not willing to put the money up that is needed to run a legit Power 5 program. Personally I think it's the former at AR. Satterfield at UL, is on the clock. It's as simple as that. He must produce this year, or next. If not it is time to move along try someone else.

Now as far as this season. I am somewhat optimistic we can win 6 games, and get back to a Bowl. Anything less then that is a failed season, and should be considered that, by any UL fan who is serious about UL Football. I think Satt can do it, in fact I think he can we 7. We shall see, it is certainly a pivotal season for UL & Coach Satt!
It also depends on the type of rebuild. If the rebuild was just the previous staff wasn't good, but left decent talent to work with, it can be rebuilt in some time.

Bobby left us some good skill players, but left us with the worst defense in football and one of the worst offensive lines in the nation. Players quit and transferred out. He wasn't recruiting in his last class, so Scott was not able to even get a year 1 class and was behind in the 2020 class.

Whether Scott can do it or not at this point isnt the biggest deal, we have to give him time to build back the depth and roster. Because if say he left after this year, then it would be mass transfers and another coach starting from scratch with a new class that will set them back. Basically the situation Tennessee is in right now. Football is all about how you build a roster first. We need size and talent. We need guys that have redshirtted and are here 4 to 5 years.

That is why this year worries me, this is our roster by age/class
5th year players are from 2017, Bobbys class
4th year players are from 2018, Bobbys last class
3rd year players are from 2019, the class where Scott didnt have time and we did not have depth
2nd year players are from 2020, Scott's first full class that was decent but more about numbers
1st year players are from 2021, the first full cycle of guys Scott recruited that he wanted for 2 years
Mix in some transfers and such.

This is why the roster worries me, we are left with Bobbys classes that mass transferred and ones he ignored defense and the line and that 2019 class that was really a lost cycle. The young guys will be better going forward, but this is the year we are really going to see the effects of Bobby's collapse. 2019 was year 0 as the recruiting put Scott 1 year behind schedule of a rebuild for recruiting.

Last edited:
Agree.

There are often 2 and occasionally 3 good to really good teams per conference.

Everybody else is pretty much equal. And both categories have the same names every year. The rankings are the only thing that changes. Top ten stays up or down in the top 10. Everybody else moves up down in the 20-40 range.

The one thing that stand out to me is how fast FSU has dropped out of the “top” category with no signs of returning at this time.
Well fsu is crushing it recruiting so they'll be back sooner than you think.

Cocoa: your insulting Mayoman is both misguided and void of considering the circumstance. While some of your consultations are on-target, any application of expectations for Satterfield, given the bizarre Covid affect, is invalid.

CSS made the one mistake, and granted it was a significant one in terms of its affect on recruiting players and both roster and staff retention. With that said, Scott is a very excellent HC that has the unique ability to coach kids up and motivate beyond expectation.

Reactions: gocds
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT