ADVERTISEMENT

Ole mis vs UofL

WRComehome YOU are the one that should study the football history of last season. After you do your “home work” come back and spout your bs - if you are that stupid. The upcoming game on Labor Day will be a really good game that might go either way.

GO CARDS!!!
Calm down a little bit brother. Just talking football. Ready for the season. I think we will do well against Ole Miss but it all depends on how the receiving production and talent is replaces. I expect it to be a 45-42 type game. Maybe more....but its much more of a toss up than the -8 points they're giving Ole Miss.

Reactions: gocds
Calm down a little bit brother. Just talking football. Ready for the season. I think we will do well against Ole Miss but it all depends on how the receiving production and talent is replaces. I expect it to be a 45-42 type game. Maybe more....but its much more of a toss up than the -8 points they're giving Ole Miss.

Cat fans tend to tick gocds off. It’s fun to talk football. It’s the disrespect that gets them in trouble. Funny how that works on the other board known as 🤥 ‘s den.

Cat fans tend to tick gocds off. It’s fun to talk football. It’s the disrespect that gets them in trouble. Funny how that works on the other board known as 🤥 ‘s den.
I knew I liked him for a reason. They tick me off too!

Guess what WR, I’ll “calm down” when uahkay fans like you actually learn something about big time college football. I won’t be holding my breath though. 😂

GO CARDS!!!

I would guess Ol Miss right now at 5 in the SEC West...but that can change really quick. Going by talent remaining and coaching, I think they are behind Bama, the Aggies, LSU and an improving Arkansas
But they could be as high as third, depending on the Bayou Bengals and the Hogs.
Put em in the East and they would be in that logjam race for third behind the Bulldogs and Gators.

Middle of the pack SEC squad based all on offense.

The argument about conferences is ages old.
You put Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama in any conference and they will be great teams. In their day you could add Michigan and Texas in there along with the Sooners, Gators and Georgia.
What I see conference wise right now is a couple strong teams out on the West Coast, maybe 4 in the SEC, two in the ACC if the Irish are in the mix, (perhaps 3 if Miami continues) maybe 3 in the Big 10....and I'm talking teams that could line up anywhere in the country and be a favorite every day.
Rest of us are trying to work our way up.

I get that but they aren't very talented in terms of recruiting as compared to most other SEC teams. Its different when a top 30 class in the country ranks around 4-6th in the ACC but in the SEC its between 9-12th in the conference.
Talent doesn’t mean anything if scheme and philosophy aren’t there.

Talent doesn’t mean anything if scheme and philosophy aren’t there.
Lane Kiffin is the man who managed to change Nick Saban’s mindset on offensive schemes and offensive approach. Let’s not try to call Satt a better coach than Kiffin lol. Kiffin is one of the best offensive minds in college football. Their scheme and philosophy are just fine.

Reactions: 73Card
Lane Kiffin is the man who managed to change Nick Saban’s mindset on offensive schemes and offensive approach. Let’s not try to call Satt a better coach than Kiffin lol. Kiffin is one of the best offensive minds in college football. Their scheme and philosophy are just fine.
Again, that SEC team was the 2nd worst defensive team in the country. Don’t try to put words in my mouth.

Again, that SEC team was the 2nd worst defensive team in the country. Don’t try to put words in my mouth.
Look I know you don’t want to hear this but regardless of them being the second worst defense or not they still have twice the amount of talent or size. Having defensive lineman weighting sub 250 lbs will not work if you go into it thinking you will just score at will because they will also just score at will. That team will have 240lb LBers running 4.4s and 4.5s. There just isn’t that level of size and speed on this team. Like many who want to make excuses about a COVID season here……every other team in the country also dealt with that. Ole miss played an all sec schedule with a sub par defense. Everything looks much worse without context. Time to be realistic.

You put Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama in any conference and they will be great teams. In their day you could add Michigan and Texas in there along with the Sooners, Gators and Georgia.
What I see conference wise right now is a couple strong teams out on the West Coast, maybe 4 in the SEC, two in the ACC if the Irish are in the mix, (perhaps 3 if Miami continues) maybe 3 in the Big 10....and I'm talking teams that could line up anywhere in the country and be a favorite every day.

If Miami continues what? To lose?

Re A&M and ND...We played both last season. ND was better. We couldn't couldn't move the ball against them. A&M we were missing our best skill players and led in the 4th. BUT, you're right about Ohio State's schedule.

Last edited:
Look I know you don’t want to hear this but regardless of them being the second worst defense or not they still have twice the amount of talent or size. Having defensive lineman weighting sub 250 lbs will not work if you go into it thinking you will just score at will because they will also just score at will. That team will have 240lb LBers running 4.4s and 4.5s. There just isn’t that level of size and speed on this team. Like many who want to make excuses about a COVID season here……every other team in the country also dealt with that. Ole miss played an all sec schedule with a sub par defense. Everything looks much worse without context. Time to be realistic.
I believe you are guilty of two things here. One, an overestimation of a Mississippi team simply because they are in the sec. And two, an under estimation of UofL because they are a member of the ACC. Really kind of silly in reality. NOT all sec teams are powerhouse football programs and not all ACC teams are weaklings.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
I believe you are guilty of two things here. One, an overestimation of a Mississippi team simply because they are in the sec. And two, an under estimation of UofL because they are a member of the ACC. Really kind of silly in reality. NOT all sec teams are powerhouse football programs and not all ACC teams are weaklings.

GO CARDS!!!
It is the case though that a weak sec team outside of Vanderbilt still has talent size and speed. It is the reason Kentucky has had so much success over ACC teams recently.

Agree.

There are often 2 and occasionally 3 good to really good teams per conference.

Everybody else is pretty much equal. And both categories have the same names every year. The rankings are the only thing that changes. Top ten stays up or down in the top 10. Everybody else moves up down in the 20-40 range.

The one thing that stand out to me is how fast FSU has dropped out of the “top” category with no signs of returning at this time.

GO CARDS!!!
gocds - No use discussing this with an obvious biased SEC troll who exaggerates the speed and size and rating being twice what the Cards rating are. We shall see in September.

No way to speak rationally with one who will not acknowledge that UofL has good players too. The take you get back is moronic and so skewed with the SEC media bias that critical thinking is non existent in this person.

Exaggeration is the standard hyperbole coming forth from his thought process.....so stop wasting your effort to affect the POV....it ain't happening brother.

Scoring points is only half of the game. As we both understand. He does not. Cheers!

Reactions: SoulSr and gocds
It is the case though that a weak sec team outside of Vanderbilt still has talent size and speed. It is the reason Kentucky has had so much success over ACC teams recently.
You simply want to give far too much credit to sec teams outside of the top three or four schools. We will just have to agree to disagree. I’ve spent way too much time debating this with you - you are the very reason I do not go on uahkay boards any longer.

GO CARDS!!!

Size and talent are great and all. I'm sure Ole Miss, that football juggernaut, is loaded with 4 and 5 star players. That talent, however, sure didn't materialize on the defensive side of the ball in 2020. What's talent if they can't tackle, miss assignments, and teams run and score all over them? That's coaching, or lack thereof.

Have you been over to the kittens board. They think they can beat Ohio State and any other major powers with a roster filled with 69 three star players? They talk real big for a team coming off a losing season. They really believe Mark Stoops is a top 10 coach. Maybe they should stick with basketball?
Almost weekly a pUKe fan starts running his mouth on the OSU 11 Warriors or similar OSU site. They are literally laughed off the board, never to return again.

Agree.

There are often 2 and occasionally 3 good to really good teams per conference.

Everybody else is pretty much equal. And both categories have the same names every year. The rankings are the only thing that changes. Top ten stays up or down in the top 10. Everybody else moves up down in the 20-40 range.

The one thing that stand out to me is how fast FSU has dropped out of the “top” category with no signs of returning at this time.
FSU is a real good example of how a couple of poor coaching hires can decimate a program. Maybe Jimbo was just worn out with things there but things certainly went South after he was gone.
I have a friend who is a Michigan man.....I was asking when the Harbough experiment would be over....he said general thought at Michigan was to give him whatever he needs to be successful.

Auburn is looking for answers. Tennessee is faded to a shell (I know, I know..) and both Mississippi schools in the SEC are throwing money as fast as they can print it to find that guy that can go to glory days.
Another that really shocks me is the cratering of Nebraska football.

FSU is a real good example of how a couple of poor coaching hires can decimate a program. Maybe Jimbo was just worn out with things there but things certainly went South after he was gone.
I have a friend who is a Michigan man.....I was asking when the Harbough experiment would be over....he said general thought at Michigan was to give him whatever he needs to be successful.
FSU fans, can blame themselves for the FSU “crash”. Jimbo was the answer but he was not Bobby Bowden. Hey we’ve seen this scenario before, some eventually survive, ie Alabama, but most do not.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: billoliver40
You simply want to give far too much credit to sec teams outside of the top three or four schools. We will just have to agree to disagree. I’ve spent way too much time debating this with you - you are the very reason I do not go on uahkay boards any longer.

GO CARDS!!!
What are you even saying? I'm telling you it will be a tough game and you are telling me the Cards are national championship contenders.....be realistic. Not every game is a gimme. We lost a lot. ALOT. We are replacing those losses with low tier 3 stars. The defense has improved? I will have to see that first.

What are you even saying? I'm telling you it will be a tough game and you are telling me the Cards are national championship contenders.....be realistic. Not every game is a gimme. We lost a lot. ALOT. We are replacing those losses with low tier 3 stars. The defense has improved? I will have to see that first.
WTH I never said any of that crap. Other than our defense will show improvement. You really need to take reading lessons. WOW you uahkay fans need help.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: Ara64
WTH I never said any of that crap. Other than our defense will show improvement. You really need to take reading lessons. WOW you uahkay fans need help.

GO CARDS!!!
No you just starting whining when I said it’s going to be a tough game. Lmfao.

Lol....awwwww, I will have to disagree with the over rated thing. National avg all magazines is 7 wins. As a fan, I believe with decent, not spectacular quarterback play that can be a game or so better. <it follows with bad play it could be worse>. I'm optimistic looking to week one. Gotta remember, a couple of the early mags had UK as the underdog...4 points I think...to UofL.
We get to see in a couple months. Hey, if the Cats win 9, I'll be ecstatic. If they lose 9, Card nation will be ecstatic.
Win/win situation.
Your 3 non-conference games outside of Louisville have total over/under of 5 wins combined for the season. Couple that with Vandy and you are 4-0. 2 automatic losses, so if you split your remaining 6, thats 7-5. We are evidently awful, tenn is a trainwreck, USCjr sucks. LSU and Mizzou should be decent, but not out of the question. Not really certain about Miss St. What am I missing?

Reactions: gocds and 2330859
Your 3 non-conference games outside of Louisville have total over/under of 5 wins combined for the season. Couple that with Vandy and you are 4-0. 2 automatic losses, so if you split your remaining 6, thats 7-5. We are evidently awful, tenn is a trainwreck, USCjr sucks. LSU and Mizzou should be decent, but not out of the question. Not really certain about Miss St. What am I missing?
As I tell everyone. Power 5 football is power 5 football. It doesn’t matter if it’s a struggling Tennessee or a Georgia Tech, you gotta bring your A game every week.

There was a point and time a few years back that we didn’t worry about BC, Wake, Cuse or UVA as much. We felt good going into the NC State game. FSU was in striking distance and Clemson was competitive. Now we fell back to an area of toss ups.

In this type of football, if you’re clear but better than the bottom and middle tier of your conference, you’ll be a solid team every year. Kentucky when fat boy started couldn’t even be confident with Missouri SC UT or Vandy even when those teams were bad. Now it seems they feel good. They even struggled against WKU and So Miss. Even if you aren’t beating SEC west teams like Bama, you need to beat the lesser teams to get those rankings.

So kudos to Fat Boy in getting them to where they are. Now it’s our turn to get back and create distance with teams like BC, Wake, NC State, and UVA. If you can feel great about those games, then those FSU/Clemson games get all your focus for upsets and big seasons.

Mizzou is packed ahead of UK by over half the experts. Miss State is there, and Leach has had a full mad scientist year.
We've lost to Tennessee when they were awful, but certainly hope not this go round. Louisville is a game where record doesnt matter and the unexpected is expected....especially after both teams see what poppa injury does.
Georgia, LSU and Florida are what they are. Be nice to take one or two of them.
Throw in Mark Stoops love of the physical grind and time control.
Throw in new sches, OC, line coach, new QB, new center, depth concerns at MLB
and if we have an edge rush.
So theres why I'm not PLANNING on 9.
I sure would take it though.

Reactions: gocds and 2330859
FYI, you are not fooling anyone.
Do what?
FYI, I didn’t ask for your input. Ban me for saying it’s going to be a tough game. God forbid someone tries to have an actual conversation that isn’t drenched in fan hood. You are part of the reason this board is dead. You’re moderating 6 people. I’m sure Ty and everyone else would enjoy you banning more paying customers than any moderator in the rivals system.

Last edited:
Do what?
FYI, I didn’t ask for your input. Ban me for saying it’s going to be a tough game. God forbid someone tries to have an actual conversation that isn’t drenched in fan hood. You are part of the reason this board is dead. You’re moderating 6 people. I’m sure Ty and everyone else would enjoy you banning more paying customers than any moderator in the rivals system.
And there’s the give away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT