ADVERTISEMENT

Ole mis vs UofL

Eight points my ass. Oh well that’s ok, just part and parcel of the continued over estimation of sec football teams other than Alabama, UGA,etc. We all know about the powerhouse programs like uahkay, vandy.usc,jr, etc. 😂😎

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: WKCard
Until I read that one-sided analysis I didn’t realize Covid had no impact on UofL’s prep for the 20 season. It only effected teams like Ole Miss. I don’t usually bet UofL games but if I can get 8 points I’ll bet this one.

Reactions: PHCARD and gocds
It's all on your pass rush and secondary.
Kiffin will run up the score anyway he can.
He loves little more than a 41 to 40 game.
New year, new teams.
Good luck. I'm no lane Kiffen fan.

It's all on your pass rush and secondary.
Kiffin will run up the score anyway he can.
He loves little more than a 41 to 40 game.
New year, new teams.
Good luck. I'm no lane Kiffen fan.
Hmmmmmmmm, so you don’t think UofL will be able to score? Why don’t you go ask Wake Forest about our game with them last December. We showed great offensive improvement in that game and we return a good portion of that offense. Plus our defense was pretty good also. Actually I’m looking forward to the game on Labor Day.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: CardsFirst
Have you been over to the kittens board. They think they can beat Ohio State and any other major powers with a roster filled with 69 three star players? They talk real big for a team coming off a losing season. They really believe Mark Stoops is a top 10 coach. Maybe they should stick with basketball?

Hmmmmmmmm, so you don’t think UofL will be able to score? Why don’t you go ask Wake Forest about our game with them last December. We showed great offensive improvement in that game and we return a good portion of that offense. Plus our defense was pretty good also. Actually I’m looking forward to the game on Labor Day.

GO CARDS!!!
With Lane Kiffen as coach you will score plenty. Hes the guy that will give up tons of yards to make sure his offense gets back on the field.
His dad was the defensive genius. That DNA didnt rub off.

Reactions: gocds
Have you been over to the kittens board. They think they can beat Ohio State and any other major powers with a roster filled with 69 three star players? They talk real big for a team coming off a losing season. They really believe Mark Stoops is a top 10 coach. Maybe they should stick with basketball?
Right now somewhere between 7 and decent shot at more. 8 should be reasonable enough.

Look...except for 2 teams in the SEC, you can throw last season away. Same as the UofL Cards and the ACC. Bama and Clemson were real deal. A&M should have been in the playoff.
Without Covid and rearranged schedules both UK and UofL would have had different records.
It is what it is.
This year is the chance to see what everyone really has until the NIL rearranges the world.

Back to the point...I'm no fan of Lane Kiffen. He's a wannabe NFL offensive coordinator using college to build his way there. No more.

GO CARDS!!!
Wake Forest is a different animal than Ole Miss who’s much bigger, stronger, and faster across the defense.

Right now somewhere between 7 and decent shot at more. 8 should be reasonable enough.

Look...except for 2 teams in the SEC, you can throw last season away. Same as the UofL Cards and the ACC. Bama and Clemson were real deal. A&M should have been in the playoff.
Without Covid and rearranged schedules both UK and UofL would have had different records.
It is what it is.
This year is the chance to see what everyone really has until the NIL rearranges the world.

Back to the point...I'm no fan of Lane Kiffen. He's a wannabe NFL offensive coordinator using college to build his way there. No more.
This is really the only way to look at it.

ND would have kicked A&M's butt last year. ND stayed within 17 points of Bama last year. The kittens lose by 60 and A&M gave up 52 against Alabama. KY fans are full of crap IMHO.

ND would have kicked A&M's butt last year. ND stayed within 17 points of Bama last year. The kittens lose by 60 and A&M gave up 52 against Alabama. KY fans are full of crap IMHO.
I was actually pointing at Ohio State and their bastardized schedule.
Cant go by that "lost by" number...if so, Notre Dame and Georgia had the same differential, Florida only lost by 6 to Bama and 5-5 Missouri lost by only two points more than the Irish.

Like I said, forget last season. Everyone starts from 0-0.

Ole Miss is gonna throttle Louisville by at the very least 3 TD’s. Guaranteed.
WOW you sec fans are showing your ignorance. Especially to “guarantee” a victory over a team you know nothing about - typical sec arrogance. Titan_Town you might even be a stupid uahkay fan. 😂😎

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: BarrenCountyCard
Why bring up UK? Weird.
Ole Miss by 17+

Because you guys are the most insecure and overrated guys in all of college football.

GO CARDS!!!
Lol....awwwww, I will have to disagree with the over rated thing. National avg all magazines is 7 wins. As a fan, I believe with decent, not spectacular quarterback play that can be a game or so better. <it follows with bad play it could be worse>. I'm optimistic looking to week one. Gotta remember, a couple of the early mags had UK as the underdog...4 points I think...to UofL.
We get to see in a couple months. Hey, if the Cats win 9, I'll be ecstatic. If they lose 9, Card nation will be ecstatic.
Win/win situation.

UK is not in the same league as OSU and I don't know a single UK fan who believes that.

UK was 5-6 against the 8th toughest schedule in the nation last year. This year their schedule is 84th. (According to Phil Steele)

With the addition of Rosenthal, UK now has 30 players who were 4⭐ recruits on at least one of the main recruiting services.

They have around two 2⭐ players, one of which is a punter.

If all scholarships are full they at most have 53 3⭐ star players.

Most UK fans expect 7 wins with a decent chance at 8 or 9 depending on how the offense performs.

That's not exactly talking big.

Until I read that one-sided analysis I didn’t realize Covid had no impact on UofL’s prep for the 20 season. It only effected teams like Ole Miss. I don’t usually bet UofL games but if I can get 8 points I’ll bet this one.
And you will lose your money. But it's your money.

ole miss gave up over 200 yards rushing last year. Only 16 sacks AS team. Gave up 40 points a game. If Louisville doesn’t turn ball over? Louisville wins IMO

Nah

We have no chance. ;) We suck. ;) Gotta hope Kiffin takes mercy and calls em off early. ;) According to some of our “in the know” fans, we have OVC talent o_O:rolleyes:

End of story/thread.

Go back to the litter box and continue the reach around. 💑

This upcoming football season reminds me of the early JLS era, as it comes at a critical time for the program as a whole. Satterfield and Smith share some similar characteristics in terms of inspiring kids; both were not afraid to give kids an opportunity that might not have much chance to contribute in other programs. The high morale was a key component for John L teams in his early tenure, as he was quite successful getting kids to buy in to off-season conditioning. I believe Scott has the same approach and getting some 2 and 3 Star kids to believe they have 4 Star talent is going to be critical to how this 2021 UL roster performs.

Last year we were completely overwhelmed by our lack of depth on the defensive side of the football (see 1st half versus 2nd half against UK for more evidence), and the incredible number of turnovers by our offense. That is what I will be looking to see in terms of improvement.

This upcoming football season reminds me of the early JLS era, as it comes at a critical time for the program as a whole. Satterfield and Smith share some similar characteristics in terms of inspiring kids; both were not afraid to give kids an opportunity that might not have much chance to contribute in other programs. The high morale was a key component for John L teams in his early tenure, as he was quite successful getting kids to buy in to off-season conditioning. I believe Scott has the same approach and getting some 2 and 3 Star kids to believe they have 4 Star talent is going to be critical to how this 2021 UL roster performs.

Last year we were completely overwhelmed by our lack of depth on the defensive side of the football (see 1st half versus 2nd half against UK for more evidence), and the incredible number of turnovers by our offense. That is what I will be looking to see in terms of improvement.
Sorry 233, but I don’t believe we played uahkay last season. They made that choice. You and I saw the improvement in person when we played WF the last game of the season in December.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: rh62531
To be fair, we returned quite a bit of our team. QB, skill players, coordinators, etc. Ole Miss was bringing in a new staff and installing a new system, so that's a bit different when you factor in COVID as our guys should've been more prepared and ready to role.

I watched several Ole Miss games last year as I am a degenerate gambler, and we are really just acting like it's easy and they aren't that hard. Their offense scored points on anyone and everyone, they have a GREAT offense. Now their defense is terrible, but again we can't just look and say that we'll do the exact same as Bama and Florida.

Now for arguments sake, say their defense is awful and we do put up big time numbers and it is a shootout, what team do you trust more? Do you trust our defense to hold up in a shootout against those athletes? Outside of Clemson, this is going to be the absolutely most talented and athletic team we'll face all year by far from a speed perspective. If Dez, Tutu, and Javian were still in the fold I would like a shootout, but can Mitchell, Ford, and Hassan Hall carry us against a team like that?

It is more I KNOW what Ole Miss can do well, but we do not have a clue about what our Cards can do this year. Its one thing to do it against Wake Forrest, but this is a whole different animal. Our strength against certain teams is that we have had speed to counter the depth and size issues, but Ole Miss has more overall speed and that has been our kryptonite the last 2 years. Scott's first year we did fine against all the other teams we could out-run, but games like sUcKs and Miami that year were not about coaching or skill but more about just a level of talent that our speed could not overcome.

Because you guys are the most insecure and overrated guys in all of college football.

GO CARDS!!!
Thank you and I agree with you. Go over and read their dream bowl thread. I chuckled and decided to leave for the last time without comment. Win and then brag and think big. I like it here much better.

Thanks GOCDS; I was thinking of the 2019 season. As I recall, the 2020 WF game was most satisfying as we witnessing so many kids who had very few if any meaningful snaps prior to that game.

Thanks GOCDS; I was thinking of the 2019 season. As I recall, the 2020 WF game was most satisfying as we witnessing so many kids who had very few if any meaningful snaps prior to that game.
And that and the other last 3 or 4 games give me real hope for this next season.

GO CARDS!!!

The issue here is talent. You have to recruit DUDES to beat DUDES. Hopefully Satt can overcome the lack of talent, size, and speed. However Lane Kiffin isn’t a bad coach himself.

I don't know about the talent thing, BUT the Cards flew into ND stadium and played ND toe to toe for 60 minutes. It didn't surprise me because that's how ND and Louisville play each other all the time in all sports.

Wake Forest is a different animal than Ole Miss who’s much bigger, stronger, and faster across the defense.
That bigger, stronger, and faster Ole Miss defense gave up 519 YPG last season, and was the second to last worst defensive team in the nation. Only North Texas was worse.

WRComehome YOU are the one that should study the football history of last season. After you do your “home work” come back and spout your bs - if you are that stupid. The upcoming game on Labor Day will be a really good game that might go either way.

GO CARDS!!!

The Louisville Cards will score against Ol Miss. Last year it would have been who had the ball last. I dont know about your offense this year.
Of the three early games, UCF is your hardest team. Those kids still feel overlooked by national media and Malzahn will want to show the world he really is that good a coach.

That bigger, stronger, and faster Ole Miss defense gave up 519 YPG last season, and was the second to last worst defensive team in the nation. Only North Texas was worse.
I get that but they aren't very talented in terms of recruiting as compared to most other SEC teams. Its different when a top 30 class in the country ranks around 4-6th in the ACC but in the SEC its between 9-12th in the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT