ADVERTISEMENT

OK Where is she?

Oh, and although I answered, I certainly hope I didn’t run her off!

I greatly appreciate her contributions to this board. She provides information and I lover her recaps.
We have some opinionated posters here and sometimes it seemed to irk her, but everybody loves our women's team.

Reactions: Deeva
Not sure what happened, but was wondering the same.

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Hey, hello.

I was told by another poster that this thread existed. So, I figured I better jump in and say something

All I ever really wanted to do here is talk about the women's sports I enjoy and things I have learned about them and share what they are doing. When Ty asked me to help form and moderate a board about these women's sports, I agreed to do so.

I never wanted to be the victim of attacks, insults and "poor-mouthing" here on the site, though. But, as my husband told me, "that's comes with it. Some people are jerks. They'll tear you down to lift themselves up." And, I eventually found that to be true here at this board.

Those people know who they are and there's no need to personally call them out, I'm not that kind of person. I just chose to walk away from it and not be a part of it anymore. I just don't need that in my world. Negativity doesn't fit in my guide book. When my hubby and I formed his website years ago we made a strong emphasis to make it about the joy and excitement of UofL women's athletics. I hope that could exist here. Sadly, there are a few who upset my apple cart.

I guess some would say I need a tougher skin. Maybe so, but, I think I'd just rather stay away from things that try to drag me down. I've seen it in coaches and certain players over the years and it's not a look or attitude I want to be around. I choose to be positive and productive, and refocus my thoughts and actions toward that. It was Howie who got me interested in this site years ago and once he moved on, I kinda of figured it would just be a matter of time before I did, too.

Good luck. There are some of you I really enjoyed reading. I'll probably visit every once in awhile to read your thoughts and takes.

--sonja--

Hey, hello.

I was told by another poster that this thread existed. So, I figured I better jump in and say something

All I ever really wanted to do here is talk about the women's sports I enjoy and things I have learned about them and share what they are doing. When Ty asked me to help form and moderate a board about these women's sports, I agreed to do so.

I never wanted to be the victim of attacks, insults and "poor-mouthing" here on the site, though. But, as my husband told me, "that's comes with it. Some people are jerks. They'll tear you down to lift themselves up." And, I eventually found that to be true here at this board.

Those people know who they are and there's no need to personally call them out, I'm not that kind of person. I just chose to walk away from it and not be a part of it anymore. I just don't need that in my world. Negativity doesn't fit in my guide book. When my hubby and I formed his website years ago we made a strong emphasis to make it about the joy and excitement of UofL women's athletics. I hope that could exist here. Sadly, there are a few who upset my apple cart.

I guess some would say I need a tougher skin. Maybe so, but, I think I'd just rather stay away from things that try to drag me down. I've seen it in coaches and certain players over the years and it's not a look or attitude I want to be around. I choose to be positive and productive, and refocus my thoughts and actions toward that. It was Howie who got me interested in this site years ago and once he moved on, I kinda of figured it would just be a matter of time before I did, too.

Good luck. There are some of you I really enjoyed reading. I'll probably visit every once in awhile to read your thoughts and takes.

--sonja--
I will research this forum further, identify those who caused you pain, and will make their message board lives a living hell.

Take care, Sonja.

Hope you change your mind and become a regular contributor again. I have always enjoyed reading your posts Sonja. If the few jackasses that are interminably present on message boards were able to run off valued posters we'd be denied many great reads.

Last edited:
Reactions: CardFan
Sonja kept this board updated and in the know. I miss that but I understand. Take care Sonja!

Reactions: jmac1029
Hey, hello.

--sonja--
Sadly it’s the bulk of us on here that will pay the price for a few. Always enjoyed your takes and input and your Christmas poem. I get what your saying and the ignore setting has become my friend.
Sorry it came to this and you will be missed. Have a Merry Christmas!

Sonja best Christmas wishes to you and Paulie and your family. Both of you have done so much to elevate the knowledge of the women’s sports programs at UofL. I know I am grateful for this forum and for Cardinal Couple.

I yearn for the bygone days when intelligent discourse and debate was the norm rather than today’s disgruntled diatribes and harmful hyperboles.

May 2023 bring a return to respectfulness, peace and harmony to our Cardinal community.

Reactions: vivid_red and Deeva
Sorry to hear Sonya. I don't come here for the personal attacks either but I understand it with those who just choose to be negative. That's life.
I come here to get news and information even if it's news none of us want to hear.

Merry Christmas Sonja and Paulie, hope you have a peaceful day and a Happy New Tear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT