ADVERTISEMENT

What are the transfer rules?

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
How many times can you transfer I thought it was only one time? Celeste Taylor started off at Texas and then she transferred to Duke. Now she plays for Ohio State who knows where she will be next year.

How many times can you transfer I thought it was only one time? Celeste Taylor started off at Texas and then she transferred to Duke. Now she plays for Ohio State who knows where she will be next year.
Same as the Slough QB. I’m totally confused by the amount of transfer some of these players have

I think what we see is the one-time transfer And Then GR student transfers. I think ?think…) you can do both.

Thought it was 1 freebie as well, then sit out a year for future transfers.
I suspect a lot of us thought it was one freebie and then sit out a year. Actually it was one freebie plus a grad transfer all along. Plus one could always request a waiver.

Now, however, since the count ruling last month that bared the NCAA from forcing a player to sit out on the second transfer, it's a complete zoo. The NCAA and the plaintiffs have agreed to allow multiple transfers for the rest of the season. What happen then, who knows. Possibly the NCAA will appeal, although I don't believe they would win. Note I have absolutely no legal training.

The court ruling was in a case involving men's basketball but from what I see in the fb transfer window, players seem to be assuming it will also apply to fb.

The NCAA said you can transfer again without penalty before the end of the 2023-24 school year. Apparently next season they are supposed to enforce sitting a year if you have already transferred. So you may see an influx of transfers before the end of this school year.

Given that they have already lost a court case regarding this, I wonder why they think they can enforce it next year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT