ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive line as so far

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
WZjVa5D.gif

Reactions: American Male
Terrible cadence from the offensive play calling - no rhythm - no wonder there's a bunch of false starts. Oh, and Robbie Bell seems to forget the snap count a bunch...

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Not much difference so far from the team that stunk it up at the end of last year. Blown blocking assignments, Jeremy Smith fumble machine, false starts, no running game besides Lamar and sloppy tackling etc...

Hopefully we are getting this sh!t out of our system early.

We will never be the team that we should be until we can recruit a badass RB. We have to have had the biggest collection of mediocre RBs of any program in the top 25 the last few years.

I don't believe Michael Bush would be having any success behind this offensive line.

Getting totally out coached as well on both sides of the ball so far.

We looked shell shocked for the 4th straight game. Why?

Same as last year ;

Offensive line SuCkS
Lamar runs when he should hand off-hand off when he should run
No d-line pressure
Secondary getting toasted
Playcalling SuCkS
Turnovers. Turnovers. Turnovers.

I feel pretty certain that Bush and LJ would make a pretty good combination. That's the problem, every defense knows they don't have to key on / respect any of our RBs and can simply play LJ. No different than USM did today on Snell - who's pretty good...

Same as last year ;

Offensive line SuCkS
Lamar runs when he should hand off-hand off when he should run
No d-line pressure
Secondary getting toasted
Playcalling SuCkS
It's a good thing we sent Grantham packing - tackling is exponentially better - lol.

Sirmon getting abused by Brohm.

I agree I thought for sure we would throw it in the end zone. I hope Purdue is better than what everybody thought they were.

This team is just outright not good as a whole other than Lamar and a couple of other players. Defense sucks and o-line and running backs are horrible . When he said reggie was going to RB i knew this team had no other talent in that position. they are not beating Clemson Fl,St and no teling who else they might lose too. Might be this game also!!,

I feel pretty certain that Bush and LJ would make a pretty good combination. That's the problem, every defense knows they don't have to key on / respect any of our RBs and can simply play LJ. No different than USM did today on Snell - who's pretty good...
It makes you cringe though watching almost every offensive play break down due to blown assignments and bad technique. Becton had his hands up on a defender on third and 3 inside the 10 as if he was pass blocking instead of driving his man. The result was a stuff and 3 instead of a TD.

Just thankful Purdue is on the other side of the line and not Clemson.

Better than what we saw at the end of last season.
Not really. Purdue isn't going for the sack. They're just trying to contain Lamar. The O-line has 5 false starts in 1 half of football. That's pitiful. The O-line isn't opening any running lanes either. This team has a very long way to go to be a top 20 team IMO. Lets see how they respond to the tongue lashing from Petrino at the half.

2 red zone fumbles and 5 false starts, and now our best defensive player injured. This has only been 1 half of football but it was a very bad half. It could get worse.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
If this team doesn't come out breathing fire on the 2nd half, then we have a serious problem.

I can't believe I'm saying that.

Not really. Purdue isn't going for the sack. They're just trying to contain Lamar. The O-line has 5 false starts in 1 half of football. That's pitiful. The O-line isn't opening any running lanes either. This team has a very long way to go to be a top 20 team IMO. Lets see how they respond to the tongue lashing from Petrino at the half.
Somebody needs to give Petrino an ass chewing.

It must be fun for opposing Defensive Coordinators to game plan against our Offensive line.

I imagine Brent Venables is doing shots and eating Popcorn about now.

Somebody pump some sunshine on this stat first time since 2008 Purdue has led a power five conf team at half. Tells me our defense is horrble.i

It must be fun for opposing Defensive Coordinators to game plan against our Offensive line.

I imagine Brent Venables is doing shots and eating Popcorn about now.
Heck wait till Daboo and Jumbo offensive minds scheme against our defensive coordinator. Bhrohm makiing him look silly with inferior talent

Somebody pump some sunshine on this stat first time since 2008 Purdue has led a power five conf team at half. Tells me our defense is horrble.i
Defense is bad for sure but even they look good compared to the RZ offense. If we hadn't repeatedly stepped on our own johnsons, Purdue would be down by 14 minimum.

Given that the majority of the false starts have been on the TEs - I guess our receivers suck more than the OL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT