ADVERTISEMENT

Of Course The Cayuts

I made a $100 bet with a dumbass sUcK fan on who would have a better SOS at year-end. Their logic was Auburn, Tennessee, LSU, and Miss St. I just shook his hand and laughed.......

Reactions: rockycard
I made a $100 bet with a dumbass sUcK fan on who would have a better SOS at year-end. Their logic was Auburn, Tennessee, LSU, and Miss St. I just shook his hand and laughed.......
Sagarin SOS right now

Louisville 12
Kentucky 325

Kenpom
Louisville 24
Kentucky 314

Reactions: UL_1986
I know, his confidence comes from playing UNC, UL, KS, and then the SEC. I'm like dude you all are 10 and we still have UNC and VA 2x, Duke, FSU, VT, and a bunch of other ACC teams that will probably make the tourney....Syracuse, Clemson, NC St, etc. Love free money!

The SOS is bad now, but it's going to get tougher pretty fast. Hopefully our guys are ready or it will be 2014 all over again.

We still have to play UNC, you guys, Kansas, Mississippi State twice, Tennessee twice, and Auburn twice. Seton Hall are decent opponents. Already played Duke.

Our SOS will be pretty good. You guys will def have the tougher schedule by a decent margin with a tough non-conference combined with the brutal. That's not even up for debate. You guys could lose like 12 games and still make the tournament.

Ours will still be pretty tough and a step up from the SEC of old, 8 of our last 15 games are against teams that are currently ranked. I think I'll like that as it will get our guys a lot tougher for the tournament.

Dont disagree one bit the SEC is better, but looking top to bottom its not even up for debate (and I see you agree with that). I'm guessing SOS for UL will be around 3-5 and UK 25 or so.

I guessed 18-13 before the season started. After 7 games, I think we might end up a little better but still looking at 19-12 or 20-11, but we will have at least 5-6+ solid wins so any of those should be tourney worthy. Any worse than that and don't think its realistic.

To be fair, they make game threads for just about every big college game. No matter who is playing.

Dont disagree one bit the SEC is better, but looking top to bottom its not even up for debate (and I see you agree with that). I'm guessing SOS for UL will be around 3-5 and UK 25 or so.

I guessed 18-13 before the season started. After 7 games, I think we might end up a little better but still looking at 19-12 or 20-11, but we will have at least 5-6+ solid wins so any of those should be tourney worthy. Any worse than that and don't think its realistic.
Normally an 18-13 record would be a NIT bound team - no questions asked, but this schedule is just brutal, so a 18-13 record would place this team squarely on the bubble with about 8 or 9 teams with better records from the ACC.

I think the Cards are going to finish the non conference schedule with 3 losses. I really believe that. I would like to think the Cards can sweep IU and UofK, but it's very tough to win in Bloomington, so I expect that to be a loss. Right now, the way each team is playing, I think the Cards can beat UofK. That's 10-3 assuming the rest of the non conference schedule plays out the way I think it will.

We go 10-8 in ACC conference play and that's 20 wins (if we go 10-3 OOC) before the ACC tourney and we'll be a lock for the NCAA tourney. I think 10-8 is very possible for this bunch.

Go CARDS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT