ADVERTISEMENT

Nolan Smith

I’m sure Nolan will be fine moving forward but gosh his term in Louisville has been a disaster. When I had season tickets last year I sat on the UofL bench side. Rarely did I see any UofL assistant coaches actively coaching during the game. In contrast the opposing assistant coaches would always be yelling out defensive positioning to their guys. He had some off the court gaffes as well including wearing Nike gear at an adidas school and both he and his wife getting into Twitter spats with random people. And then the timing of his flirtation with the NBA G league was really odd. Just a tough two years.

I’m sure Nolan will be fine moving forward but gosh his term in Louisville has been a disaster. When I had season tickets last year I sat on the UofL bench side. Rarely did I see any UofL assistant coaches actively coaching during the game. In contrast the opposing assistant coaches would always be yelling out defensive positioning to their guys. He had some off the court gaffes as well including wearing Nike gear at an adidas school and both he and his wife getting into Twitter spats with random people. And then the timing of his flirtation with the NBA G league was really odd. Just a tough two years.
He definitely hitched his wagon to the wrong star…

His dad was one tough SOB when he played here. That's really the only reason I think about Nolan. Other than that he is totally irrelevant to me.
Exactly - he gets the same level of consideration / respect for someone who’s father played here but decided to go elsewhere to play himself.

The notable exception to that rule would obviously be zan payne.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT