ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Illustrated saying Smith could interim coach

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
Sports Illustrated has an article out saying there is a good chance Nolan Smith will be interim Head Coach by the Duke game.

Reactions: vivid_red
Hope Manning leaves with Payne. Smith at least got some experience under a coach who knew how to coach.

Sounds like a likely scenario as it's been reported a few times that Manning will also step down if Payne is fired.

I think that's the obvious scenario. Smith is young and looking to start a career as a head coach. Let's see if he can light a fire under the ass of these players. Basically, an audition for the job.

Smith as the interim? If true, I hope it works out… maybe it’s what the players want or need to stay.

Limited options. Smith as interim may possibly be rearranging deck chairs on a sinking ship.

Reactions: shadow force
The article went on to say that Smith would be an interim coach only until the end of the season and then the entire staff would be replaced. They said the whole coaching staff is to blame for the current situation at Louisville. Whether this happens or not but this is an article from Sports Illustrated.

• Wow
Reactions: earsky
Could and will are two different things. Neither Nolan nor Manny are interested in the interim coaching gig that’s what I’ve been told. Could change I guess

I can't even begin to guess how much has changed in the game as far as how players and coaches in the last decade or so think about schools compared to when I went but I would think that Nolan wouldn't piss on the school where his dad is a legend unless he believes in the crap Payne is teaching. I would have rather seen him hired a year ago rather than an 80 year old calidudi disciple.

Wonder what Uncle Milty does in that scenario?
I was a huge Milt Wagner fan during his playing days a U of L. THE ICE MAN!! We were in Freedom Hall when he beat Memphis State with two last second free-throws, The place was bedlam. They wheeled some poor fan out with a reported heart attach. I wish Milt nothing but the best.

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT