ADVERTISEMENT

No money for Louisville Live...

the artist FKA zipp

4500+
Gold Member
May 29, 2022
According to Josh Heird, that was the big driver in cancelling it. Whether that's the truth is another question.

And I've posted this before, but it helps to appreciate it in the context of an actual example like Heird's comment yesterday...

Men-s-basketball-budget-04.jpg

There's a slight uptick this year (FY2024) in the men's basketball budget. But it's been systematically reduced since Jurich did the last budget in 2018. Until then, the budget regularly increased and outpaced inflation.

When an endeavor that costs money loses significance, you start defunding it. Defunding is exactly what has happened to men's basketball, For the first time that I can remember anyway, an AD just said we made a specific cut for budgetary reasons. And when you look at this chart, you can see how that might happen.

In this bigger picture context, I don't see much reason to be optimistic about men's basketball. If U of L thinks it can and should be defunded, why would any thinking person await more positive outcomes? When U of L starts behaving like basketball matters--not just saying it--I will too...

Last edited:
I never cared if we had it or didn't as this program has never had these type things. Other than appeasing some fans what benefit did U of L gain from it ? They didn't charge It was costly 400k wow be better off using toward what recruits really care about NOW NIL.

I agree why spend that kind of money that generates zero revenue or real benefit to either program. NIL is the future lean into that.

The point is that before, we had the money. We didn't have to decide between this or that if there was a benefit doing both.

It's also an issue in the larger discussion of why money matters. A few uninformed posters question why I track the financials as I do. This is a good example...

The point is that before, we had the money. We didn't have to decide between this or that if there was a benefit doing both.

It's also an issue in the larger discussion of why money matters. A few uninformed posters question why I track the financials as I do. This is a good example...
And NIL wasn't in existence when this began. Pick your poison It's a wasted financial in most peoples eyes rather they have the money or don't.However the cost is not going to break the school. Josh is just using common sense with line items as any smart CEO should do.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT