ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA uphold all penalties

It is semantics. The record books won’t acknowledge it. Just try and wear your 2013 championship shirt out in public. You might think you’re wearing it proudly but it’s not much worse than wearing the 40-0 T-shirt’s.
Except one happened and one didn’t. Facts should matter to you.

Reactions: Cue Card
You and I know it happened and we can laugh and reminisce about it but you’re not going to win any argument over it.
Yes - we know it happened. I have no plans to argue with anyone about it anymore than I plan on arguing with someone who wants to tell me the sun didn’t set last night.

Reactions: Cue Card
Memphis had a couple of fans who were going to sue Calipari and D Rise over their FF being vacated. They claimed their season tickets lost value etc. If so am remembering right D Rise Just wrote a check.
Marcus Camby repaid UMass every dollar they lost over their FF being vacated. Calipari is still loved at UMass and hated at Memphis. Strange.

Here is the settlement they paid to avoid lawsuit. http://www.boston.com/sports/colleg...alipari_rose_settle_to_avoid_memphis_lawsuit/

Last edited:
Find a reputable attorney that thinks litigation has a positive expected outcome. The minute we admitted impermissible benefits were acquired, our fate was sealed.
LINK

That was pretty easy.

BTW you're referencing the NCAA's argument, not a lawyer's.

parade%20of%20fools%202_zpsdkfvdkfu.jpg

As a Clemson Diehard/Alum, let me preface this by saying I focking hate, loathe, despise anything N.C. TarHole related.

When Clemson won its first National Championship in football way back in 1981, yes, we were cheating our collective asses off to gain an advantage. And the NCAA did the proper thing and stripped us of scholarships, no TV for 2 years, no Bowl game for two years. It didn’t stop there.....

You know John Swofford don’t you, our Commisioner? Well, he was the Athletic Director at, wait for it....... North Carolina.

Well, he and what made up of the ACC back then thought the two year ban wasn’t enough. Back then it was Clemson, Wake Forest, NCSU, Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, and Virginia. Only Wake and Maryland voted against it, thus Clemson was handed an extra year of probation on all three levels as the NCAA had. That’s North Carolina and Swofford for you!

As a Clemson Diehard/Alum, let me preface this by saying I focking hate, loathe, despise anything N.C. TarHole related.

When Clemson won its first National Championship in football way back in 1981, yes, we were cheating our collective asses off to gain an advantage. And the NCAA did the proper thing and stripped us of scholarships, no TV for 2 years, no Bowl game for two years. It didn’t stop there.....

You know John Swofford don’t you, our Commisioner? Well, he was the Athletic Director at, wait for it....... North Carolina.

Well, he and what made up of the ACC back then thought the two year ban wasn’t enough. Back then it was Clemson, Wake Forest, NCSU, Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, and Virginia. Only Wake and Maryland voted against it, thus Clemson was handed an extra year of probation on all three levels as the NCAA had. That’s North Carolina and Swofford for you!

I’m old enough to remember all the bs calls it no calls Dean Smith would get. He couid smash the scorers table in front of a red. No call. Also had s reputation for being a snitch if he thought he knew so wrong doing.in all of Dean’s years see if you can find 1 secondary violations he reporterd.....none. He was perfect. Everyone has secondary violations. Dean fixed everything. No one would hold him accountable. All the while cheating his ass off.

Yes - we know it happened. I have no plans to argue with anyone about it anymore than I plan on arguing with someone who wants to tell me the sun didn’t set last night.
Good then you accept the fact that the 2013 Championship was stripped from us? We won it, they took it away and regardless we don’t have it anymore. Facts.

Good then you accept the fact that the 2013 Championship was stripped from us? We won it, they took it away and regardless we don’t have it anymore. Facts.
They took away a piece of cloth - literally the least significant thing there is. They can’t touch what’s important. Facts.

Reactions: shadow force
They took away a piece of cloth - literally the least significant thing there is. They can’t touch what’s important. Facts.
In your eyes because that’s all you think it represents. You can’t bring up the NC without discussing that it was taken away. Therefore it goes in to the memory bank and we look to our future not past.

In your eyes because that’s all you think it represents. You can’t bring up the NC without discussing that it was taken away. Therefore it goes in to the memory bank and we look to our future not past.
Wrong again. What I think that it represents is the hard work, dedication and excellence that those individuals and the team displayed. I can discuss any and all of that without ever touching on either the arbitrary capriciousness of the indianapolis idiots or what you think, as both are irrelevant.

Wrong again. What I think that it represents is the hard work, dedication and excellence that those individuals and the team displayed. I can discuss any and all of that without ever touching on either the arbitrary capriciousness of the indianapolis idiots or what you think, as both are irrelevant.
What is irrelevant is that’s its a good story in itself but it doesn’t support the fact that the NCAA felt we didn’t earned the title the right way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT