ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA uphold all penalties

What's worse is that posthole is just going to let it go. Thanks smrt - you effing asshole. Even more rationale to have not fired TJ or Pitino.

Reactions: zipp and Deeva
What's worse is that posthole is just going to let it go. Thanks smrt - you effing asshole. Even more rationale to have not fired TJ or Pitino.
Well of course he's going to just let it go. I have been convinced since the start that this 'new' BOT and President does not have UofL's athletic department's best interest in mind. The only thing I see unfolding is the continued destruction of the basketball program.

The bright side of this:

1) It's over
2) Removal of the banner is an emotional penalty and yes it sucks. But, the games happened and everyone saw them. We won those games, including the 2013 title. Louisville won the 2013 national championship.
3) Removing the title/wins is an emotional penalty. The only tangible penalty is the financial one, which Postel just stated was in the range of $600k. That is not small news since we've heard $15MM floated out there. I don't know if $15MM is a program killer, but it certainly would have hindered hiring a homerun coach if CDP isn't kept after this season plays out. Postel said it's definitely under $1MM. Going forward, that is huge, and it should not be understated.

So much for that. My question going forward is does the NCAA now use the Bowen situation to shut down the program?

Time to sue...sue the NCAA TO KEEP THE TITLE. POSTEL IS SHOWING HIS TRUE COLORS AND MUST GO!!!

Suing would only cost the school money, make the NCAA more annoyed with the program and in the end the judge would say the NCAA can take away titles of their organization if they see fit to. It is their league and they can do what they want.

Reactions: wilkie01
So much for that. My question going forward is does the NCAA now use the Bowen situation to shut down the program?
Nope....Im telling you right now, and keep this post to come back on.....nothing is happening to UL regarding the FBI probe. Nothing.
Its over, done, we can move on now.

The bright side of this:

1) It's over
2) Removal of the banner is an emotional penalty and yes it sucks. But, the games happened and everyone saw them. We won those games, including the 2013 title. Louisville won the 2013 national championship.
3) Removing the title/wins is an emotional penalty. The only tangible penalty is the financial one, which Postel just stated was in the range of $600k. That is not small news since we've heard $15MM floated out there. I don't know if $15MM is a program killer, but it certainly would have hindered hiring a homerun coach if CDP isn't kept after this season plays out. Postel said it's definitely under $1MM. Going forward, that is huge, and it should not be understated.
Whatever. Fans like you are the reason why a governor can get away appointing pro uk BOT,Pres and AD. Bend over spead cheeks and not request vasoline.

Oh, hell! Blame whoever you want. But at the end of the day this belongs to Pitino, Jurich and Ramsey! Remember what Jurich was hired for? He fired Crume and Cooper! He promised to run the cleanest ship in the NCAA! Well, how did that turnout, Pitino, Jurich and Ramsey worshipers? Postel and the new BOT, did what had to be done. They had plenty of cause to fire those sons of bitches!

Oh, hell! Blame whoever you want. But at the end of the day this belongs to Pitino, Jurich and Ramsey! Remember what Jurich was hired for? He fired Crume and Cooper! He promised to run the cleanest ship in the NCAA! Well, how did that turnout, Pitino, Jurich and Ramsey worshipers? Postel and the new BOT, did what had to be done. They had plenty of cause to fire those sons of bitches!
Bet that's not the way it turns out in court.

We are reaping the "benefits" of grissom's merry band of dickheads and their effed up leadership. No one - including those assholes - says that Pitino knew about McGee's actions.
Dukes - Pitino gave the kids bad examples with the Karen Sypher mess. Monkey see monkey do.

We won the title. Great entertainment. I experienced the joy of it. So, aside from any financial penalties or future restrictions, who cares.

Oh, so you say the championship is no longer in the "official record book"? I don't care - not really. It certainly doesn't bother me.

It's a joke that UK fans think this is devastating to most of our fan base. They can't understand that we're not like them. We have our own lives and accomplishments. We don't have to live vicariously through the successes of a college basketball team. It's just entertainment.

Pitino was so overpaid based on his actual production its not even funny. The reality is he was paid so much because the program was generating massive amounts of cash which Jurich could use to build up our other programs. That put the blinders on Jurich to the dangers of how Pitino was managing the program. Pitino did whatever he wanted and unfortunately a great AD enabled him because of money. It is just sickening to think about where we are headed now thanks to Pitino and the fools he brought in here.

Reactions: eastwood45789
Thiis little tidbit is why this went THIS way. I am convinced the NCAA and UofL worked together to come up with this result in order to save themselves millions of dollars owed to Pitino.

Pitino also sued the University of Louisville Athletics Association for breach of contract in federal court on Nov. 30. His lawyers claimed the school wrongfully suspended and then fired him and argued that he is owed $38.7 million for the remainder of his contract through 2026.

The University filed a countersuit against Pitino on Dec. 13 for "wrongful conduct" and argued that he is financially responsible for damages caused by the recent scandals. The federal complaint requests that Pitino repay monetary losses that might arise from vacated games and bonuses.

Anyone can read between the lines on this one.

Reactions: eastwood45789
Thiis little tidbit is why this went THIS way. I am convinced the NCAA and UofL worked together to come up with this result in order to save themselves millions of dollars owed to Pitino.

Pitino also sued the University of Louisville Athletics Association for breach of contract in federal court on Nov. 30. His lawyers claimed the school wrongfully suspended and then fired him and argued that he is owed $38.7 million for the remainder of his contract through 2026.

The University filed a countersuit against Pitino on Dec. 13 for "wrongful conduct" and argued that he is financially responsible for damages caused by the recent scandals. The federal complaint requests that Pitino repay monetary losses that might arise from vacated games and bonuses.

Anyone can read between the lines on this one.
Wasn’t the appeal filed before this?

Suing would only cost the school money, make the NCAA more annoyed with the program and in the end the judge would say the NCAA can take away titles of their organization if they see fit to. It is their league and they can do what they want.
Remember how the NCAA did UNLV?

We won the title. Great entertainment. I experienced the joy of it. So, aside from any financial penalties or future restrictions, who cares.

Oh, so you say the championship is no longer in the "official record book"? I don't care - not really. It certainly doesn't bother me.

It's a joke that UK fans think this is devastating to most of our fan base. They can't understand that we're not like them. We have our own lives and accomplishments. We don't have to live vicariously through the successes of a college basketball team. It's just entertainment.

Good point. Can't find anyone in this entire thread who is bothered by the NCAA's decision.

Reactions: micahpe
We personally can keep our memorabilia and the memories of winning the 2013 NC but the fact remains as of today, U of L has only won 2 NC in basketball, 1980 and 1986.
I realize it's just semantics, but I don't see it that way. We DID win the 2013 NC, THEN we had it stripped. That's different, in my mind anyways, in not having won it at all. JMO.

Wasn’t the appeal filed before this?
The lawsuits were filed after the appeal was presented, and if you think for one second the new president didn't talk to the NCAA about this crap after the counter lawsuit was filed then you are very naive on how things work out there behind the scenes.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but the penalties from that may not be harsh. Bowen never played 1 game for Louisville, and apparently he's eligible because he's at South Carolina. Jurich and Pitino were immediately fired. Apparently 30 programs are involved and they're all top programs. What's the NCAA going to do, keep every blue blood out of the tournament for 5 years? THey would never do that.

Again folks, the only tangible thing from today is the $600k penalty. While that sucks, it's not $15MM that had been previously quoted. Also, today's ruling certainly shows that UofL had "cause" to fire Rick so that hurts his case against UofL. If 123 vacated wins, 2 vacated Final Fours, and 1 vacated title aren't "cause," I don't know what is. The program endures and lives on.

Yet we still don't know who paid for all the Powell services, or who the Barber shop guy was, or who Coach Mike was, or what Andre Mcgee had to say who was involved.
My gut tells me this is all tied to the present relating to the NBA to Louisville people. Hatchet man Tyra is leading the way!
Speaking of Tyra, his calling card isn't athletics, it's to be a hired gun to go in and cut fat and resistence for his benefactors.

They fired Denny Crum and Griffith from the CAF/ULAA as ambassadors with no explanation despite them raising more money for UofL than UofL ever gave them for the gig.
Jurich was shown the door out of convenience due to the fabricated circumstances of the FBI probe.
Instantaneously you create a power vaccum, loyalist and their money cecede, no one is really in charge, and we all know Frankfort, UofK affiliates, and anyone else that could calm harm to UofL are along for the joy ride.

ADVERTISEMENT