ADVERTISEMENT

My second favorite team

rockycard

Four-Star Poster
Jan 8, 2007
Won't be playing after the first weekend. Who are you guys going to be pulling for?

I'm hoping for a brand new champion this year. Don't really care who but I DO NOT want KU, IU, Duke, UNC or uk to win it. I guess I'm gonna pull for UVA because they work hard and have a good coach.

Oh, and I want ZERO west coast teams to get by the first weekend. Let's just say I think west coast college basketball is junior league.

You guys can't possibly stomache the idea of Puke winning it. You hate them almost as much as we do(ask Grayson Allen) personally I'd like to see an Oklahoma, Iowa state, or even a team like Xavier. Like normal Kansas will face mighty northern Iowa or someone like them and flame out. Villanova who refuses to recruit good big men will also flame out since they are obsessed with a 4 guard lineup

Villanova, Xavier...Heck, how about the Wheat-Shockers or Butler...I'd even rather see Cincinnati win another one...SCREW the so called Blue-Bloods...Too bad Gonzaga picked a down year in College Basketball to have a BAD Year!!!

:cool:

Reactions: earsky
I think it will be between Mich State and Kansas, lol. Both are playing excellent ball right now at exactly the right time. Virginia remains to be seen for me, although this Saturday will certainly be instructive. I actually like Miami's team this season. They seem together and coherent. Coach L is a badarse coach.

Duke turned a lot of us off this season, lol. It has the earmarks for staying that way.

Reactions: JohnKBA and Mayoman
Won't be playing after the first weekend. Who are you guys going to be pulling for?
Xavier. I've followed their rise from the ashes since the early 80's. They do it the right way.

Wichita State. Appreciate the way they play.

UVA. Same as WSU plus an ACC team.

You guys can't possibly stomache the idea of Puke winning it. You hate them almost as much as we do...
I'm fine with Duke winning it again. It would be...
  • Duke' s 2nd championship since LPT won one
  • Duke's 3rd championship since Pitino Lite showed up (and they're doing that with less talent)
  • Duke's 6th NCAA championship
  • The ACC's fifth championship in the last eight years
  • Another championship for a class coach
And the best reason would be an unrelenting burning in the gut of LPT fans just about everywhere. That alone has me pulling for the Dukies...

I don't care. I'm not watching any basketball or following it. I used to watch a lot of basketball when I was younger. I don't really watch it anymore, outside of UofL games. Even with Louisville games, if it is a tough road game, I prefer to just DVR it, do something else and then come back later and watch it if they win and just erase it if they lose and never think about it.

If Louisville isn't even playing I have no interest. The 80's and early 90's I loved B-ball. I just don't anymore. I watched the NBA as well during that time period but I don't watch the NBA at all.

I have not interest in this year's tournament and to be honest Louisville wasn't even enjoyable to watch most of the year if it wasn't at home. They beat NO ONE of any merit on the road. They were "O for" and looked like crap.

I'm glad the season is over. I don't want to think about basketball anymore.

Reactions: American Male
  • Duke's 3rd championship since Pitino Lite showed up (and they're doing that with less talent)
And the best reason would be an unrelenting burning in the gut of LPT fans just about everywhere. That alone has me pulling for the Dukies...
I get it zipp I know you run the card forum but if the roles were reversed and that would of happened to Louisville would you feel the same?

It's going to burn in their gut if anyone besides them wins it. They hate everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
It's going to burn in their gut if anyone besides them wins it. They hate everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY.

Hate is way too strong a word for college athletics. I hate ISIS. And child molesters. You get the point.

Hell, I don't even hate my ex wife. As to your first sentence though, you're right. I'm pissed if we don't win, just like I am sure U of L fans are when they lose. That's the basic definition of being a fanatic, which is what "fan" is short for.

[fuh-nat-ik]
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics.

Reactions: zipp
Hate is way too strong a word for college athletics. I hate ISIS. And child molesters. You get the point...
Agreed, but you know that you're cut a little different from your fellow fans. Most of them hate Duke as much as they hate U of L.

"Elite program", my a$$...

There is a Seinfeld episode that involves Kramer in which he is taking care of this guys horse that's used for
carrige rides in New York. The guys name who gave Kramer the horse to use is jay remienscheider.

That's why oneearwonder gave me kudos for it lol

Wrong. Jay Reimenschneider is the never seen friend who buys and eats horse meat. Learn Seinfeld

Wrong. Jay Reimenschneider is the never seen friend who buys and eats horse meat. Learn Seinfeld
Ok of the 9 full seasons of Seinfeld I made a mistake. I knew it involved a horse. Btw Kramer says his friend eats horse meat so I scored 9/10. Just because we're basketball rivals doesn't mean we can't be civil over something so petty.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
If we don't win it all I wouldn't mind seeing Virginia or Oklahoma. They both have great likable coaches. You could probably throw Vilanova in there too.

I see most of you saying you will root for the ACC but I find it hard to root for many SEC teams.

:(

College basketball is over for me this year. I really don't care who wins the post season tournaments because the Cardinals aren't there to represent.

Then you're missing out on the best couple weeks of the year. Not really much of a sports fan I'm guessing.
Love the game, but not when the Cards aren't there to represent my interest. I have other life events to enjoy that occur outside the scope of sports.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Cue,

How about getting yourself in a NCAA bracket and try to win some money? It might give you some incentive to watch some of the games? I always pick the Cards to win so this year I won't be able to pick with my heart.

Cue,

How about getting yourself in a NCAA bracket and try to win some money? It might give you some incentive to watch some of the games? I always pick the Cards to win so this year I won't be able to pick with my heart.
I might. Right now I'm just not feeling it. I lost my Father on the 27th of last month and it just doesn't feel the same right now with him gone. I think I'm just going to skip it this year as a change of pace.

Reactions: Senore2006
Cue,

If Kentucky flames out early, there will be a lot of Louisville fans Winning the office pools. :)

If Kentucky flames out early, there will be a lot of Louisville fans Winning the office pools. :)

IDK, I can't see a lot of people picking UK to go very far. This team has been too up and down all year. I'd expect them to play the 2nd weekend, but not beyond. The tourney should be wide open this year... lots of good teams, no real dominant forces.

I might. Right now I'm just not feeling it. I lost my Father on the 27th of last month and it just doesn't feel the same right now with him gone. I think I'm just going to skip it this year as a change of pace.

Sorry for your loss CC. The tournament could just be the tonic you need to put that all behind you.

On the other hand, things of this world have little meaning when you suffer the loss of a father. He will always be with you in your heart.

May many blessings and prayers come your way for you and your family. May peace be with you.

Sorry to hear that Cue, hang in there pal.

So very sorry for you and your family's loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT