ADVERTISEMENT

Missed half-and-done opportunity...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
Damn, what could have been...Sure wish we were fishing regularly in that pond.

WARNING: CJ LINK

"Elite program," my a$$...

Could not open the link. I assume you are talking about Diallo at uk entering the draft. Instead of half and done, wouldn't this be the 1st None & Done?

That fan base gets all the new slogans. Camp Cow, the platoon system, one & done, the tweak, and now, none & done.

Reactions: BPGhost
It's not unprecedented. We did take Marvin Stone on a half and done.

I hope he stays in the draft too. Another SG to push Mitchell back to school. Plus UK really..REALLY, really need him to come back.

I hope he stays in the draft too. Another SG to push Mitchell back to school. Plus UK really..REALLY, really need him to come back.

I am really concerned that the chatter about the meeting with the NCAA last week is going to push Mitchell into the draft. I sure hope he does not read Seth Davis's comments in the CJ.

Lol - for the sheer entertainment value watching all of the handwringing and acrimony going on at raftards. Already a 20+ page thread on the topic just from yesterday afternoon.

Couple this with the news today that adabeyo hired an agent - it pushing big hillbilly nation to its breaking point. Grover is eating moon pies as fast as he can unwrap them.

Wonder if Grover is polishing off that fake badge.......................? Serious times call for serious measures.

Hopefully he is back but I can see why opposing fans would want him gone. He is going to be a monster wherever he is at next year.

Don't know if he will stay in the draft, nor do I really care. I'm confident he's a good player, and the most UofL wll ever have to see him is 1, possibly 2 games IF he decides to go to 'college' for a few months.

Good luck to the young man whatever he decides to do.

That's different. He showed up on time to play a full year, but never was cleared to play by the NCAA.

Seems like the same exact thing. He sat in street clothes - never played, turned pro after sitting in street clothes for a full year.

How it came about is different - the end result would be the same. If this guy leaves.

zipp you shouldnt throw stones in a glass house cardnials are gonna lose johnson mitchell and deng adel

Reactions: cwcat
zipp you shouldnt throw stones in a glass house cardnials are gonna lose johnson mitchell and deng adel
Thanks for the advice... :D

We'll see who stays or goes. But we have plenty of roster guys regardless without having to sub walk-ons. The LPT revolving door operates at another level, and the fan-on-fan cannibalization alone is worth the price of admission. I hope you're not counting on me to ignore that anytime soon.

Lol - for the sheer entertainment value watching all of the handwringing and acrimony going on at raftards. Already a 20+ page thread on the topic just from yesterday afternoon.

Couple this with the news today that adabeyo hired an agent - it pushing big hillbilly nation to its breaking point. Grover is eating moon pies as fast as he can unwrap them.

This.

Only thing left is for Bamba to not sign with SuCkS, jones and Gabriel leave,
and Ref hater Nation will riot.

Karma for harassing Higgins, other refs, UofL.

Reactions: earsky
Hopefully he is back but I can see why opposing fans would want him gone. He is going to be a monster wherever he is at next year.

A monster brick layer maybe. Nobody worries about your learn-on-the-job kiddie core. Now if your players ever stuck around for a few years after they have developed some shooting consistency and actually learned to play, then we might be concerned. Until then, keep on bringing in all that “talent.” I hear Thomas Jefferson Middle School has an 8th grader loaded with talent, maybe Calipari can get him to reclassify for next season to make up for Diallo.

Reactions: zipp
Talk about being screwed. I think about half the UK fans are crying about it, and the other half are saying just use more KY Jelly and it won’t hurt so bad.

A monster brick layer maybe. Nobody worries about your learn-on-the-job kiddie core. Now if your players ever stuck around for a few years after they have developed some shooting consistency and actually learned to play, then we might be concerned. Until then, keep on bringing in all that “talent.” I hear Thomas Jefferson Middle School has an 8th grader loaded with talent, maybe Calipari can get him to reclassify for next season to make up for Diallo.
Unfortunately I think you're right and he is gone but I hope we are both wrong.

Oh the pressure coach cow must be under. No seniors on next years roster and now Bam and Diallo possibly leaving. Cow will be beating the bushes for a walk on senior or grad transfer. Not having a senior day game to sing their old KY home song will not make the natives happy.

I'd like for someone, anyone to point me in the direction of prescient slapd!cks who were saying that this latest guy was going to test the NBA waters. Either when he showed up at LPT back around the first of the year, or when the season ended and this stuff became an issue. The story now goes that this ain't no big surprise. But I don't recall the name "Diallo" on anyone's lips after Fox and Monk. Or even after Humphries! That was until today.

LPT apologists love rewriting their own disappointing history... Now that Bam's hired an agent, THAT was also expected. It seems that everything that happens in LPT Land is according to script. The only thing they can't seem to predict with any accuracy is when that elusive next title occurs.

I'd like for someone, anyone to point me in the direction of prescient slapd!cks who were saying that this latest guy was going to test the NBA waters. Either when he showed up at LPT back around the first of the year, or when the season ended and this stuff became an issue. The story now goes that this ain't no big surprise. But I don't recall the name "Diallo" on anyone's lips after Fox and Monk. Or even after Humphries! That was until today.

LPT apologists love rewriting their own disappointing history... Now that Bam's hired an agent, THAT was also expected. It seems that everything that happens in LPT Land is according to script. The only thing they can't seem to predict with any accuracy is when that elusive next title occurs.

I'll bite zipp. Both these articles were from last year. I'm no apologist. I'm actually quite critical at times. But this is no surprise at all. At least to me. The kid has nothing at all to lose by getting feedback. He said all along he would be exploring the NBA as an option - per the article. I know you asked for prescient slapd!icks. Sorry I didn't provide those, but how about diallo himself? Will that suffice?

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...-hamidou-diallo-is-eligible-for-the-nba-draft

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbna...allo-recruiting-nba-draft-2017-uconn-kentucky

Yeah, what I'd like to see is an article or post since the season ended listing slapd!ck NBA prospects for the 2017 Draft that included this guy. Everyone knew that he was eligible, technically speaking, dating back months ago. Yet, I never heard the guy's name mentioned when that list was being put together over the last month. Now, slappies say "no surprise."

Right.

Yeah, what I'd like to see is an article or post since the season ended listing slapd!ck NBA prospects for the 2017 Draft that included this guy. Everyone knew that he was eligible, technically speaking, dating back months ago. Yet, I never heard the guy's name mentioned when that list was being put together over the last month. Now, slappies say "no surprise."

Right.

Here's one. But I'm honestly surprised that this slipped past you. You likely follow Kentucky basketball as much as I do if not more and I felt the general consensus was that he would test the waters. I was surprised that it took so long. If you really wanted to read posts you could probably scroll back through the February/march posts on our board. The "Diallo will not play one second at UK" narrative was very strong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.se...ucky-seniors-nba-draft-transfer-decisions/amp

Question: when do all of these cayut OAD's and NAD's get their college degrees? Oh sorry I asked the question because that's not the reason uahkay players go to college. They just await the "biggest night in uahkay history" celebrating another NBA draft night. :p:D:rolleyes::);)

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: ThroughBlue
Here's one. But I'm honestly surprised that this slipped past you. You likely follow Kentucky basketball as much as I do if not more and I felt the general consensus was that he would test the waters. I was surprised that it took so long. If you really wanted to read posts you could probably scroll back through the February/march posts on our board. The "Diallo will not play one second at UK" narrative was very strong...
Well, that's one...but one is hardly compelling.

Little of significance slips past me. I may not be an expert on a subject, but I'm usually the first to admit that. I do know slappy behavior and psychology pretty well having witnessed it for decades and how little it changes despite the world around you changing. However, this thread's not about me or your attempt to redirect it.

Well, that's one...but one is hardly compelling.

Little of significance slips past me. I may not be an expert on a subject, but I'm usually the first to admit that. I do know slappy behavior and psychology pretty well having witnessed it for decades and how little it changes despite the world around you changing. However, this thread's not about me or your attempt to redirect it.

You asked for all this stuff and I gave it to you. I actually gave you more than you asked for but whatever. You may not be used to it. It may not be typical slappy behavior. Sorry.

Well this turned out to be moot after all
Yeah, he's evidently a world beater--if your track coach is looking for his next high jump champion.

What a testament that he didn't have enough potential for the NBA.

I guess we will finally get some actual evidence now on whether or not Cal does anything to develop players. The narrative has always been "those guys were all lottery picks no matter where they went to school."

Now, we have an actual 5 star recruit who went through the process and wasn't given a first round guarantee. Will be interesting to see if he improves on that over the course of the next year.

Reactions: zipp and MbergCat
Yeah, he's evidently a world beater--if your track coach is looking for his next high jump champion.

He would have been drafted zipp just not as high as he feels he could be drafted next year

Reactions: MbergCat
I guess we will finally get some actual evidence now on whether or not Cal does anything to develop players. The narrative has always been "those guys were all lottery picks no matter where they went to school."

Now, we have an actual 5 star recruit who went through the process and wasn't given a first round guarantee. Will be interesting to see if he improves on that over the course of the next year.
No you can't, isn't next years draft supposed to be much weaker?

Possibly or it may be that he's just not that good. See Briscoe.

Reactions: zipp
No you can't, isn't next years draft supposed to be much weaker?
Possibly or it may be that he's just not that good. See Briscoe.

To LK's point, I agree. Just because a kid is a 5 star coming out of high school doesn't automatically make him a future NBA star. Some of them just aren't that good. Look at many of the kids drafted out of high school before the one and done went in - total flameouts. The same principle still applies.

to Rocky's point, I suppose that's a fair point, every draft is different. However, it's been generally accepted that the NBA drafts mostly on potential - as of now, NBA front offices don't think Diallo has the potential to be a contributor. The strength or weakness of the draft doesn't change that fact.

That's a different discussion all together. You started this thread presumptuously. To steal ons of your own quotes, you failed to "let the cake bake".

Now we will need to let the cake bake again in order to see if HD is as good of a player as his ranking suggests. But your negative spin on the situation doesn't find its mark. If you're telling me that we can fill our college squad with late first round prospects every year then I think we will be just fine.

Reactions: MbergCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT