ADVERTISEMENT

Mike James out for the 21-22 season with Achilles tear

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- University of Louisville freshman guard/forward Mike James suffered a torn Achilles tendon in his left leg in practice on Wednesday and will miss the 2021-22 basketball season.

A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) test conducted at Norton Hospital this morning confirmed the injury. He will have surgery on Friday to repair the injury.

"First and foremost, I feel for Mike," said UofL Head Men's Basketball Coach Chris Mack. "He's a phenomenal young man and was poised to have a stellar freshman season. Secondly, I feel for his teammates, coaches, family and friends that have supported him daily. Lastly, I feel for Louisville fans who will miss seeing a terrific addition to our program. I have no doubt however that Mike will be back better than ever next season."

A 6-6, 195-pound freshman from Orlando, Fla., James averaged 19.4 points, 10.8 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.2 blocked shots points per game as a senior last season to lead Oak Ridge High School to a 23-3 record and the state 7A semifinals. The 2020-21 Orlando Sentinel boys basketball player of the year, he was also voted Class 7A Player of the Year in Florida by a panel of coaches and media.

Hurt for the kid and prayers for a great recovery.

These are injuries that do start to hurt you in practice. Lets hope we keep everyone else healthy.

Praying for the young man and his family,. Fantastic young man and a great Basketball player. Hopefully he'll be back better than ever next season and have a great year. Best of luck to you guys and gals this season and hope all our kids are healthy and safe.

Sometimes comments by our own fan base can be our own worst enemy when it comes to getting recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT