ADVERTISEMENT

Mighty SEC team UK SOS = 49 UL = 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are stretching to great lengths to "put Louisville down" in this thread, though some are more covert than others. They aren't coming out and saying UofL would lose to Vandy, but they are saying it is possible. Maybe it is. We'll never know.

What we do know is UK did lose to Vandy, WKU did lose to Vandy, and Vandy did lose to a common opponent of Louisville 34-0 (Houston).

Nobody is propping Louisville to be great here. It does get annoying seeing certain posters look at UofL with the floor as their ceiling when evaluating scores, accomplishments in general, etc ...but for whatever reason that seems to come with the territory when logging into the "Louisville" website - so strange I tell you! I'm just not sure why we're subjected to reading the same story line from certain posters on the reg, or why they feel compelled to say the same thing over and over again.

The thread is a middle finger to all the UK fans that constantly boast about their SOS always being so tough and the UofL SOS always being weak. Given the developments of this season, and the schedules being pretty much on par with one another, the thread has merit. There are a couple of respondents in this thread that simply don't like that truth, so they are in spin mode. Some posters can't accept that, so that have to argue.

We even have a "UofL fan" that posted UK and/or UofL could both be 9-1 if the schedules were flipped - about the most asinine statement I've read on here in quite some time.

If you want to be real, any team can beat just about any team that's outside of the top 10-15 and inside the top 120, if the moons are aligned the right way.

They are stretching to great lengths to "put Louisville down" in this thread, though some are more covert than others. They aren't coming out and saying UofL would lose to Vandy, but they are saying it is possible. Maybe it is. We'll never know.

What we do know is UK did lose to Vandy, WKU did lose to Vandy, and Vandy did lose to a common opponent of Louisville 34-0 (Houston).

Nobody is propping Louisville to be great here. It does get annoying seeing certain posters look at UofL with the floor as their ceiling when evaluating scores, accomplishments in general, etc ...but for whatever reason that seems to come with the territory when logging into the "Louisville" website - so strange I tell you! I'm just not sure why we're subjected to reading the same story line from certain posters on the reg, or why they feel compelled to say the same thing over and over again.

The thread is a middle finger to all the UK fans that constantly boast about their SOS always being so tough and the UofL SOS always being weak. Given the developments of this season, and the schedules being pretty much on par with one another, the thread has merit. There are a couple of respondents in this thread that simply don't like that truth, so they are in spin mode. Some posters can't accept that, so that have to argue.

We even have a "UofL fan" that posted UK and/or UofL could both be 9-1 if the schedules were flipped - about the most asinine statement I've read on here in quite some time.

If you want to be real, any team can beat just about any team that's outside of the top 10-15 and inside the top 120, if the moons are aligned the right way.

Western did beat Vandy 14-12.

I'm not saying Vandy would beat UofL, I don't think they would. I was only pointing out that it wasn't a given that Louisville would beat them since you guys played 4 teams similarly ranked and 3 of the games were close.

I'm not saying UofL would certainly beat Vandy either....

I'm pointing out your "floor is the ceiling" perspectives about UofL football on the UofL message board aren't appreciated and are getting very old, and quite frankly have no place in these threads.

I do get a kick out of you pointing out our close wins. Great. I'm going to point out your most recent loss. To bottom feeding Vandy, who is awful. Hard to believe that could happen in the midst of a season full of such potential, but college football sure can be crazy.

Take your plastic fork arguments someplace else.

I'm not saying UofL would certainly beat Vandy either....

I'm pointing out your "floor is the ceiling" perspectives about UofL football on the UofL message board aren't appreciated and are getting very old, and quite frankly have no place in these threads.

I do get a kick out of you pointing out our close wins. Great. I'm going to point out your most recent loss. To bottom feeding Vandy, who is awful. Hard to believe that could happen in the midst of a season full of such potential, but college football sure can be crazy.

You don't appreciate an opposing view in a respectful manner? It's a message board Hopgood, it's entertainment. I'm not being a smartass, only pointing out reality, UK has a higher RPI than the teams you just beat, narrowly.

I believe Louisville would beat Vandy, but it's not a given. Especially with the way UofL struggled with Wake,BC, and UVA.

I'm disappointed with the way UK's season has gone so far, they had a real chance to win 8-9 games this year. Poor coaching, poor QB play, and poor special teams play ruined that.

Take your plastic fork arguments someplace else.

If it wasn't for poor coaching, poor QB play, poor OL play, poor DL play, poor ST play then this truly could've been a "special season." You guys were right there. How did they have a "real chance" at 8-9 wins? Bill is so unbelievably dense.

Reactions: Section 12 Jerk
Bill you are now failing at quote posting.

You aren't giving out reality. You're not providing any salient points.

You're just rambling.

You are the only UK fan bothering to post in any of these threads, the rest went away about a month and a half ago.

That's the weird reality you're literally living in.

In all seriousness, there isn't a a P5 schedule in the country that UK could have gone 9-1 against.

Actually, if either school played the other's schedule either might be 9-1 right now. Matchups matter as much as anything and it could be that either school matches up better with the other's competition. Both lost to Auburn so that is easy and both might lose to everyone on the other's schedule.

You talkin about Sean White,who replaced Jeremy Johnson on Saturday against Georgia and produced zilch in 6-7 series?That qb?

White is injured, that's why Johnson was playing against UGA.
Apparently an injured White was a better option than a healthy Johnson.

Why do you assume we would lose to Tennessee and MSU? Why would you assume that UK would beat anybody besides Samford? Vandy is a "maybe" for UL? Really? You overrate the SEC especially this year. Aside from Bama and possibly UF, the conference has no great teams, though ole miss, MSU, LSU, maybe Tenn qualify as good. UGa is not close to where they were last year.

Vanderbilt is playing better now than they were at the beginning of the season and their defense is playing really well. Playing at their place would be problematic. I agree Georgia is not as good this year as last mostly due to QB play. But, both Georgia and Mississippi State are better than UL.

So Western can beat Vandy but Louisville couldn't? I don't think I'm buying that.

Western was playing well early in the season; Vandy was not. Vandy is not exactly setting the world on fire now, but they took Florida to the wire just a couple of weeks ago. UL has a better defense than UK so I think that would give UL a chance. But, frankly, both teams' offenses are atrocious and Vandy does have a pretty good D of its own. Again, it is all about match ups. I still say it is no better than 50-50 whether UL could have won last Saturday night at Vanderbilt.

What we do know is UK did lose to Vandy, WKU didn't lose to Vandy, and Vandy did lose to a common opponent of Louisville 34-0 (Houston).

Ahh . . . the "Common Opponent" theorem rises again . . . Ole Miss beat Alabama; Memphis beat Ole Miss; ergo, Memphis would beat Alabama. Of course, Navy beat Memphis, so Navy is better than Alabama too.

Makes sense.

Look White is not a good QB, UK making him look like Joe Montana not withstanding. Your team is awful. You're even worse as a poster.

Western was playing well early in the season; Vandy was not. Vandy is not exactly setting the world on fire now, but they took Florida to the wire just a couple of weeks ago. UL has a better defense than UK so I think that would give UL a chance. But, frankly, both teams' offenses are atrocious and Vandy does have a pretty good D of its own. Again, it is all about match ups. I still say it is no better than 50-50 whether UL could have won last Saturday night at Vanderbilt.

You're positively goofy.

I'm entitled - I grew up in Birmingham; Hoover to be specific.

Nobody is going to hold that against you.

This is not the Alabama board though.

Nobody around here wants to read you fawn over them. Maybe if you were a good poster we'd humor you just a bit. But since you aren't, we won't.

Reactions: BPGhost
Ahh . . . the "Common Opponent" theorem rises again . . . Ole Miss beat Alabama; Memphis beat Ole Miss; ergo, Memphis would beat Alabama. Of course, Navy beat Memphis, so Navy is better than Alabama too.

Makes sense.

Except I didn't draw any conclusion by citing those scores. A horrible poster (not you this time) kept shoving random Vandy talk at us (then again you were part of that too) in this thread so I shoved some random Vandy scores back.

That's it.

The only thing we've learned here is you should be posting on the Alabama board more and here less.

And even if I were to draw that conclusion based on common opponent logic (which I'm not smart guy), it would be 500x better of an argument than the one you made on page 1 where you said UK could be 9-1 with the Louisville schedule and Louisville could be 9-1 with the UK schedule. That was literally the dumbest thing ever said around here, which is really saying something.

Good job on that. I will remember you for that always.

Last edited:

Your screen name is incredibly inappropriate. I can't believe you had the audacity to create that screen name. It's a real insult to Louisville fans.

We think it's 100-0 you are awful.

The Louisville offense is miles ahead of the Vandy offense, only a complete moron would put them in the same hemisphere. Anyone putting those two units in the same breath truly does not know anything about football.

Find an SEC board, you'll make more friends on one of those.

But, frankly, both teams' offenses are atrocious and Vandy

Frankly, you're wrong.

One team's offense is rated in the 110 - 120 range nationally. (Guess who SEC homer)

One team's offense is rated in the 60s nationally. (Guess who - Hint, not Vandy)

In just about any stat site you try to use.

An offense ranked in the 60s is not atrocious. It's average.

You don't now what you're talking about. Do the right thing. Ban yourself.

it would be 500x better of an argument than the one you made on page 1 where you said UK could be 9-1 with the Louisville schedule and Louisville could be 9-1 with the UK schedule. That was literally the dumbest thing ever said around here, which is really saying something.

I agree - a stupendously ignorant comment. I'd rank it right up there with Zipp saying that Petrino would have had Teddy running read option packages.

Reactions: Mayoman
Bill, Louisville would not need to have a late comeback to beat EKU, you guys are a play away from having lost 6 in a row.

Bottom line is UK let a great opportunity pass them by this year. Their schedule was set up to do really well and they missed. For UK fans, even though some won't admit it, this year is incredibly disappointing. They won't even be favored against a Louisville that completely rebuilt their offense. They can make all the excuses in the world, there were a lot of things going on that week, their staff/team has woefully underperformed. Their offense is worse than last year statistically and their defense (with a defensive minded headcoach) is still ranked outside the top 60 in year 3. That is not progress.

With that said the last game of the year is going to be a close game.

Bottom line is UK let a great opportunity pass them by this year. Their schedule was set up to do really well and they missed. For UK fans, even though some won't admit it, this year is incredibly disappointing. They won't even be favored against a Louisville that completely rebuilt their offense. They can make all the excuses in the world, there were a lot of things going on that week, their staff/team has woefully underperformed. Their offense is worse than last year statistically and their defense (with a defensive minded headcoach) is still ranked outside the top 60 in year 3. That is not progress.

With that said the last game of the year is going to be a close game.

Yep this is pretty much spot on. 100% on the $.

Ok,but he still played 6-7 possessions.I saw him gimping around,but 6-7 possessions?

Nobody is going to hold that against you.

This is not the Alabama board though.

Nobody around here wants to read you fawn over them. Maybe if you were a good poster we'd humor you just a bit. But since you aren't, we won't.

I doubt I have ever "fawned" over them. In fact, I am probably more critical of Alabama than any Auburn fan. I railed against the BOT for what they did to UAB a few years ago on this very board. Nice try though.

Except I didn't draw any conclusion by citing those scores. A horrible poster (not you this time) kept shoving random Vandy talk at us (then again you were part of that too) in this thread so I shoved some random Vandy scores back.

That's it.

The only thing we've learned here is you should be posting on the Alabama board more and here less.

And even if I were to draw that conclusion based on common opponent logic (which I'm not smart guy), it would be 500x better of an argument than the one you made on page 1 where you said UK could be 9-1 with the Louisville schedule and Louisville could be 9-1 with the UK schedule. That was literally the dumbest thing ever said around here, which is really saying something.

It would be better if you remembered what I actually wrote - and funny enough, it feeds into the "common opponent" silliness. Match ups matter. It may well be that UK matches up against UL's opponents better than UL; the same is true in reverse. It could also be that either matches up worse. That is why I wrote either could be 9-1 and either could be 0-10 if they played the other's schedule. Too complicated?

Your screen name is incredibly inappropriate. I can't believe you had the audacity to create that screen name. It's a real insult to Louisville fans.

We think it's 100-0 you are awful.

The Louisville offense is miles ahead of the Vandy offense, only a complete moron would put them in the same hemisphere. Anyone putting those two units in the same breath truly does not know anything about football.

Find an SEC board, you'll make more friends on one of those.

Actually, read it again - I was comparing UL's offense to UK's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT