ADVERTISEMENT

Excellent read regarding unlimited player transfers. Insanity begins 4/16.

"So unhappy players — or just players who want a better financial deal — can shop themselves to the highest bidder. As long as they can academically move from one school to another, and classes they’ve taken can transfer, and they’re on track to graduate and stay eligible.

Because, you know, a school has to have standards after all."

I knew the above was going to appear in the article before I read it.
I'm not sure if it was limited in time or not but is the covid extra year in perpetuity or does it expire at some point. Not interested in seeing 7 year seniors anymore. Also, these coaches are going to need alot more administrative staff to keep track of who's coming, going and ripe for poaching. I'm sure in the not to distant future former NBA and NFL players returning to college because their career didn't pan out for one reason or another are playing college sports again while finishing their degree. Or maybe even getting a second degree. Because why not. The money will be there for them.

I don’t mind NIL but the transfer portal sucks virtually we all are one & done schools now. I use to like watching the freshmen coming in and playing 4 years at your school. It was fun watching them progress and hearing their stories. Now they are gone so fast you don’t even remember them.

I watched for decades as the NCAA allowed itself to become corrupted by its own self-righteous abuse of power, while at the same time it refused to use its significant resources to apply its rules and regulations in a responsible manner.

Once the original mission of “educating student athletes” became secondary, it opened the door to professionalism of amateur sports. NIL and the Transfer Portal will be difficult to curb, and the courts will protect the players at the expense of the public’s interest.

There is no going back now, as the schools, the boosters and the conferences with the most money will separate themselves from the rest of the pack. UL has a chance to compete with anyone as long as the fans are willing to put their money up.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT