ADVERTISEMENT

Mighty SEC team UK SOS = 49 UL = 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you gotta give 'em credit for succeeding at one thing... They've been trying to accomplish that for a couple decades. I think it's supposed to lead to championship caliber football.

LPT Football: Will take on FCS schools anytime, anyplace (maybe not EKU...)

This is another reason this year is a major disappointment for UK. They had 8 home games against a very average schedule in year 3. This year was set up for 7 or 8 wins.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
This might have been the best chance UK ever had to get that all important 6 wins. 8 homes games. Playing in the worst division of any power 5 conference and also drawing the worse 2 teams out of SEC West.

Yeah but the kittens have to play a pretty good young team in their last game. At the same time the Cards have an opponent which is in a free fall that weekend after Thanksgiving.

It's going to be funny if we go into that game with a tougher SOS than UK and come out with worse than them, even with a win.

Reactions: Big East Card
IMO SOS doesn't matter much unless you beat or at least compete with the teams that are actually on your schedule. We beat UK at PJCS last year with a better D and O. Let's not count our chickens yet. And I am a Card fan! Just being realistic

IMO SOS doesn't matter much unless you beat or at least compete with the teams that are actually on your schedule. We beat UK at PJCS last year with a better D and O. Let's not count our chickens yet. And I am a Card fan! Just being realistic

Sagarin was a uk graduate....

After we play them, our rankings might flip. They bring our SOS down, we bring theirs up. They should think about that the next time they start that " If we played that weak ACC schedule we would have 7 wins by now" bit.

Actually, if either school played the other's schedule either might be 9-1 right now. Matchups matter as much as anything and it could be that either school matches up better with the other's competition. Both lost to Auburn so that is easy and both might lose to everyone on the other's schedule.

But, I am too lazy to do a match up analysis right now. Let's assume that if schedules were flipped one team's wins would be the other's (UK's: La. Lafayette, S. Carolina, Missouri, EKU)(UL's Samford, N.C. State,BC, Wake, Syracuse, UVA). Not hard to imagine since only N.C. State has a winning record in D I-A (6-4) and Missouri is 5-5. The rest suck.

The real question is who would flip a loss? Auburn is a mutual bust, so could UK defeat FSU, Clemson or Houston? Probably not. Could UL flip Florida, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Georgia or Vanderbilt? Maybe Vandy. So if UK had UL's schedule they would probably be 5-5 or 6-4 and UL with UK's schedule would maybe be 5-5 but could be 4-6. In other words, both teams are essentially 5-5 teams with the only difference being a bounce here or there.

As we have seen from both the OP and my earlier post, their SOS's are fairly close given this point in the season. The only real difference I see is when in the season each team had their "hard" games. I think this year's game will be a lot like last year's in terms of it being a one possession game.

Actually, if either school played the other's schedule either might be 9-1 right now. Matchups matter as much as anything and it could be that either school matches up better with the other's competition. Both lost to Auburn so that is easy and both might lose to everyone on the other's schedule.

But, I am too lazy to do a match up analysis right now. Let's assume that if schedules were flipped one team's wins would be the other's (UK's: La. Lafayette, S. Carolina, Missouri, EKU)(UL's Samford, N.C. State,BC, Wake, Syracuse, UVA). Not hard to imagine since only N.C. State has a winning record in D I-A (6-4) and Missouri is 5-5. The rest suck.

The real question is who would flip a loss? Auburn is a mutual bust, so could UK defeat FSU, Clemson or Houston? Probably not. Could UL flip Florida, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Georgia or Vanderbilt? Maybe Vandy. So if UK had UL's schedule they would probably be 5-5 or 6-4 and UL with UK's schedule would maybe be 5-5 but could be 4-6. In other words, both teams are essentially 5-5 teams with the only difference being a bounce here or there.

As we have seen from both the OP and my earlier post, their SOS's are fairly close given this point in the season. The only real difference I see is when in the season each team had their "hard" games. I think this year's game will be a lot like last year's in terms of it being a one possession game.
Why do you assume we would lose to Tennessee and MSU? Why would you assume that UK would beat anybody besides Samford? Vandy is a "maybe" for UL? Really? You overrate the SEC especially this year. Aside from Bama and possibly UF, the conference has no great teams, though ole miss, MSU, LSU, maybe Tenn qualify as good. UGa is not close to where they were last year.

so could UK defeat FSU, Clemson or Houston? Probably not.

You mean UK "probably couldn't" beat the #1 team in the country, or win @ FSU, or take out one of the top offenses in the country Houston?

Seriously. You typed that. I'm starting to feel sad for you.

The appropriate response to your silly, bizarre rhetorical question is UK wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell in any of those games guy.

Last edited:
Auburn is a mutual bust

This is not completely true, in terms of what you are discussing. UK got them @ home, on a Thursday night, five weeks into the season, and Auburn had just booted their best WR prior to the game.

UofL got them opening day, pretty much in the Auburn back yard, and that kid played against us.

So if you're going to play the silly make-believe game you're playing and flip the schedules, then lots of variables come into play.

Last edited:
Card Law I find your defense for UK in this thread to be quite entertaining, so I thank you for that.

No I'm not mad at you, and I'm not attacking you. More than anything, I'm sad and embarrassed for you.

I just can't believe you log onto the Louisville message board and do what you're doing in this thread.

Actually I can, because it is rather obvious you have ties to UK. You can't be found with a search warrant in any of the countless threads that discuss Louisville football on this board counselor. Your contributions this year have consisted of supporting the traditional powers of the SEC and now a defense of UK and their schedule. I believe this is what you've done over the years as well, which probably explains your popularity in these parts (17 likes with over 10k posts).

It's just a weird way to spend your time. You don't rail against the Cards, but you bring the "UK fan" mindset about Louisville football when analyzing the program, and it can be detected immediately. You deftly review UK with the sky for them as their ceiling, and judge UofL to have the floor as their ceiling.

Again, don't take it personal, I'm just poking all the holes in your posts.

More than likely, you are a fan of both programs, and I for one, don't really have a problem with that.

But when you whined in a previous thread about people attacking you and taking the fun of the boards out of it for you, you cannot blame UofL fans for doing that when you do things like what you're doing in this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrLandry
Why do you assume we would lose to Tennessee and MSU? Why would you assume that UK would beat anybody besides Samford? Vandy is a "maybe" for UL? Really? You overrate the SEC especially this year. Aside from Bama and possibly UF, the conference has no great teams, though ole miss, MSU, LSU, maybe Tenn qualify as good. UGa is not close to where they were last year.

Don't take him seriously.

Last edited:
No two programs are trending in more opposite directions now. Even the famous "eyeball test" UK fans resort to when they realize how uninformed they are, fails. Using any metric we know of, only perhaps Boom is clearly better at any other position at this stage of the season.

OK, lol. I edited this, now. Hughley is certainly inferior to Troth. Hughley, in fact, exists squarely on my last nerve.

No two programs are trending in more opposite directions now. Even the famous "eyeball test" UK fans resort to when they realize how uninformed they are, fails. Using any metric we know of, only perhaps Boom is clearly better at any other position at this stage of the season.

OK, lol. I edited this, now. Hughley is certainly inferior to Troth. Hughley, in fact, exists squarely on my last nerve.

LPt is a laughingstock program

Keep in mind Louisville hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record. They haven't exactly crushed teams with losing records except Syracuse. To think this team is going to go on the road and soundly beat anyone is unrealistic. They still have too many flaws on offense ie sacks, tackles for loss, and turnovers. I am not saying they won't but nothing I have seen this year tells me it is going to happen.

The Pitt game will be a good measuring stick for the offense. Pitt is solid on defense can Louisville put up 400 yards and 28 points if that happens then the late season surge on offense is real. I would feel pretty good going into the UK.

The other factor is UK will have all the motivation for that game plus their crowd. That would a tough environment for a really good team. Bottom line Louisville is going to have to play a good game to beat UK.

This is not completely true, in terms of what you are discussing. UK got them @ home, on a Thursday night, five weeks into the season, and Auburn had just booted their best WR prior to the game.

UofL got them opening day, pretty much in the Auburn back yard, and that kid played against us.

So if you're going to play the silly make-believe game you're playing and flip the schedules, then lots of variables come into play.

UofL also got them with the QB that was no longer playing when UK played them.

Louisville struggled with Wake, BC, and Virginia so to say Vandy is a maybe isn't that far of a stretch.

UofL also got them with the QB that was no longer playing when UK played them.

The QB UK went against has 1 TD on the year and 2 INTs and a 125 QB rating.
The QB UofL went against has 6 TDs on the year and 7 INTs and a 119 QB rating.

Your point is inconsequential - both the QBs suck.

Furthermore, the guy that played QB against UofL for Auburn started for Auburn in their two best wins on the season @ Texas A&M two weeks ago, and UofL opening weekend.

Your point about who started at QB is pointless.

My points that UK played them @ home, 5 weeks into the season, and without having to go against Duke Williams, cannot be disputed, which is why you didn't dispute them.

Last edited:
RPI has UofL #38 and UK #88.

Are you going to use RPI as a source for truth?

And UK lost to Vandy so saying UK would lose to Wake, BC, and UVA isn't a stretch either.

I didn't say they wouldn't lose to those teams, simply pointing out to the poster who laughed at the idea of Vandy being a maybe.

UK at 88 is ranked higher than any of the last 4 teams Louisville has played.

The QB UK went against has 1 TD on the year and 2 INTs and a 125 QB rating.
The QB UofL went against has 6 TDs on the year and 7 INTs and a 119 QB rating.

Your point is inconsequential - both the QBs suck.

Furthermore, the guy that played QB against UofL for Auburn started for Auburn in their two best wins on the season @ Texas A&M two weeks ago, and UofL opening weekend.

They also got out to a 31-3 lead against you guys, and no one had ever seen Lamar Jackson play before then.

Your point about who started at QB is pointless.

My points that UK played them @ home, 5 weeks into the season, and without having to go against Duke Williams, cannot be disputed, which is why you didn't dispute them.

The other factor is UK will have all the motivation for that game plus their crowd. That would a tough environment for a really good team. Bottom line Louisville is going to have to play a good game to beat UK.

False. Our record in cws is VERY respectable, and that's been against good uk teams with a full house. This year they will have neither. They aren't very good, and their fans have given up, along with a lot of the team. It will not be hostile, and Cards fans will be very vocal. There will be no home field advantage this year, and when the team sees the turnout, it may have the opposite effect.

So Western can beat Vandy but Louisville couldn't? I don't think I'm buying that.

They are stretching to great lengths to "put Louisville down" in this thread, though some are more covert than others. They aren't coming out and saying UofL would lose to Vandy, but they are saying it is possible. Maybe it is. We'll never know.

What we do know is UK did lose to Vandy, WKU didn't lose to Vandy, and Vandy did lose to a common opponent of Louisville 34-0 (Houston).

Nobody is propping Louisville to be great here. It does get annoying seeing certain posters look at UofL with the floor as their ceiling when evaluating scores, accomplishments in general, etc ...but for whatever reason that seems to come with the territory when logging into the "Louisville" website - so strange I tell you! I'm just not sure why we're subjected to reading the same story line from certain posters on the reg, or why they feel compelled to say the same thing over and over again.

The thread is a middle finger to all the UK fans that constantly boast about their SOS always being so tough and the UofL SOS always being weak. Given the developments of this season, and the schedules being pretty much on par with one another, the thread has merit. There are a couple of respondents in this thread that simply don't like that truth, so they are in spin mode. Some posters can't accept that, so that have to argue.

We even have a "UofL fan" that posted UK and/or UofL could both be 9-1 if the schedules were flipped - about the most asinine statement I've read on here in quite some time.

If you want to be real, any team can beat just about any team that's outside of the top 10-15 and inside the top 120, if the moons are aligned the right way.

Last edited:
They are stretching to great lengths to "put Louisville down" in this thread, though some are more covert than others. They aren't coming out and saying UofL would lose to Vandy, but they are saying it is possible. Maybe it is. We'll never know.

What we do know is UK did lose to Vandy, WKU did lose to Vandy, and Vandy did lose to a common opponent of Louisville 34-0.

Nobody is propping Louisville to be great here. The thread is a middle finger to all the UK fans that constantly boast about their SOS always being so tough and the UofL SOS always being weak. Given the developments of this season, the thread has merit. There are a couple of respondents in this thread that simply don't like that truth, so they are in spin mode.

We even have a "UofL fan" that posted UK and/or UofL could both be 9-1 if the schedules were flipped - about the most asinine statement I've read on here in quite some time.

If you want to be real, any team can beat just about any team that's outside of the top 10-15 and inside the top 120, if the moons are aligned the right way.

I'm not saying Vandy would beat UofL, I don't think they would. I was only pointing out that it wasn't a given that Louisville would beat them since you guys played 4 teams similarly ranked and 3 of the games were close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT