ADVERTISEMENT

Mercy rule

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
When I googled it for college,all it said was 9 inning games are encouraged. C'mon!

When I googled it for college,all it said was 9 inning games are encouraged. C'mon!
It’s big boy baseball and even if you are on the losing side, there are plenty opportunities to learn. It might give a kid an opportunity to pitch that he hadn’t gotten before. It also gives Dan an opportunity to play some kids that bust their ass in practice but sit the bench. If you’re the traveling team, you’re there to play baseball. What else you going to do.

That Alabama A&M team is very bad. They’ve lost by scores of 19-0, 21-0, 23-2, 28-8, and now yesterday 32-1 to us, plus 2 other games by more than 10 runs.

They would be playing a LOT of 7 inning games this year if there was a mercy rule!

We were up 18-0 at the end of the 4th inning. If I’m an opposing team I would prefer to have 5 more innings instead of just 3 to overcome the difference.

I get your points. I'm just advocating for something in a game like Friday's. It doesn't seem like much could come from going on past the 7th,especially for A&M.However,since there's nothing in the rules,it is what it is...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT