ADVERTISEMENT

McDonnell to MSU?

You wish slappy. Odds are that it’s going to be your coach. At least the interview with Cohen over the weekend sounded like that is going to be his first choice for the job.

Not sure who you mean by "your coach" but everything I've heard from Mississippi it is between Schossnagle and McDonnell

Coach Dan isn't goung anywhere... Just a pipe dream for all slapdicks..

He's one of the highest paid coaches In the country and has been treated right at Louisville..

"I don’t know how you ever close the door completely. I’m not looking. I’m not applying. Like I said, I guess maybe the reality is if they don’t mention your name one day, maybe you’re not doing as good as you’d like to do."

The man's character is off the charts. No reason not to believe him. But, I'd say there certainly is heavy interest coming from MSU.

Reactions: fredburgcard
What is the deal with MSU recently.

We do the idiotic defensive coordinator swap.
Then the best us in football.
End our season in men’s and women’s basketball.
Now they want our baseball coach?

Reactions: 7children
Need to keep Dan, whatever it takes. He will get us a championship. Mann, Stowers and Britton with HRs. Cards take lead against FSU in ACC championship game!

"I don’t know how you ever close the door completely. I’m not looking. I’m not applying. Like I said, I guess maybe the reality is if they don’t mention your name one day, maybe you’re not doing as good as you’d like to do."

The man's character is off the charts. No reason not to believe him. But, I'd say there certainly is heavy interest coming from MSU.

Exactly. I'd much rather have a coach everyone else wants as opposed to someone you never hear mentioned for any other job.

Coach Dan isn't goung anywhere... Just a pipe dream for all slapdicks..

He's one of the highest paid coaches In the country and has been treated right at Louisville..
Right. Your guy needs to get it done on this one...

Tyra-baseball%20pic_zpssayvqaka.jpg

Right. Your guy needs to get it done on this one...

Tyra-baseball%20pic_zpssayvqaka.jpg
Hey, I don't want CDM to leave anymore than anyone else does. But, he's been WELL paid in his time here, facilities have been continually upgraded and for the most part the fans have been there for support. If he wants to leave, then don't let the door hitya where the good Lord splitya.

I'm over being held hostage by overpaid coaches (ALL COACHES IN ALL SOORTS AT ALL SCHOOLS) Coaches always want the fans to stay loyal during off years, time for them to practice what they preach.

Hey, I don't want CDM to leave anymore than anyone else does. But, he's been WELL paid in his time here, facilities have been continually upgraded and for the most part the fans have been there for support. If he wants to leave, then don't let the door hitya where the good Lord splitya.

I'm over being held hostage by overpaid coaches (ALL COACHES IN ALL SOORTS AT ALL SCHOOLS) Coaches always want the fans to stay loyal during off years, time for them to practice what they preach.
Convenient attitude for a clown show apologist. Good luck making it work for ya...

The issue is that CDM has put a product on the field that is worthy of fans, maybe not 15,000 but certainly 3,000 to 4,000. He’s taken this program to where it’s never been before. He doesn’t want more money, he wants decent fan support, not for himself but for his team. Don’t see anything wrong with that. Louisville fans are just fickled.

The issue is that CDM has put a product on the field that is worthy of fans, maybe not 15,000 but certainly 3,000 to 4,000. He’s taken this program to where it’s never been before. He doesn’t want more money, he wants decent fan support, not for himself but for his team. Don’t see anything wrong with that. Louisville fans are just fickled.
I can see him wanting that, but can't see him leaving for that reason.. When we have been in Regionals and Supers we have had great crowds, regular season crowds in our area, especially in spring are going to be a crap shoot, will probably always be that way..

As you say "fickled" is exactly right.

I thought that the regular season crowds were on par with past seasons, if not slightly larger. That, despite a weird late winter and several time changes late.
I can see the growth of the program,from the enthusiastic crowds to the new faces I see every week.

If you watch the games, you’ll see what CDM wants. A raucous, loud crowd that at times even intimidated or flusters the opposing team. That place was rocking. Their team seems to gather energy from it.

McDonnell has been fine with what he has working at U of L. That's a been a slow evolutionary process. If that has suddenly changed, you know what else has...

McDonnell has been fine with what he has working at U of L. That's a been a slow evolutionary process. If that has suddenly changed, you know what else has...

MSU is a baseball school whether you like it or not.

UofL has been to four CWS since Dan arrived, MSU, two. Maybe Louisville is the 'baseball school'.

I'm saying that MSU's #1 sport is baseball where ours is not. They have better facilities and fan support than we do. They have a lot more history and tradition.

You're right, we have been to more CWS since Dan arrived, that's probably part of the reason they are going after him.

Not saying he leaves, but there's a solid chance.

I'm saying that MSU's #1 sport is baseball where ours is not. They have better facilities and fan support than we do. They have a lot more history and tradition.

You're right, we have been to more CWS since Dan arrived, that's probably part of the reason they are going after him.

Is MSU baseball any better than U of L basketball? Is Dan McDonnell on par with Chris Mack?

Make sure all of your dots get connected...

Louisville is absolutely a baseball school thanks to Jurich and McDonnell. The success this program has had is unbelievable. They deserve ever bit of credit for making Louisville into a great program. I hope he stays because he he such a great ambassador for the school. I think Tyra will support the program in future.

The interest is growing but it still isn't close the passion that exists at MSU. Baseball is part of their entire community. They had a long history of success. It is a premier baseball program. It checks all the boxes. I can see why McDonnell would leave at this point. Does he leave if Jurich is still here? Highly unlikely, which makes Tyra or the new administration the reason he left. I think that is a fair position to take. I personally won't blame others for him leaving, the events and timing of the MSU job coming open made it a viable option for McDonnell.

Wrong!

You say these things, yet, UofL is ranked higher as a college baseball program than Mississippi State.

https://d1baseball.com/rankings/top-100-programs-numbers/

Looks like he needs some new connections.

Sorry for not posting in here . I posted in the thread that went from Lance Thomas to everything UofL and said he was most likely staying now.

There was a solid chance. Not once did I say he was going to leave. You saw my other post saying he was staying. If you don’t think that MSU has better tradition then idk what to tell you, lol.

Louisville is absolutely a baseball school thanks to Jurich and McDonnell. The success this program has had is unbelievable. They deserve ever bit of credit for making Louisville into a great program. I hope he stays because he he such a great ambassador for the school. I think Tyra will support the program in future.

The interest is growing but it still isn't close the passion that exists at MSU. Baseball is part of their entire community. They had a long history of success. It is a premier baseball program. It checks all the boxes. I can see why McDonnell would leave at this point. Does he leave if Jurich is still here? Highly unlikely, which makes Tyra or the new administration the reason he left. I think that is a fair position to take. I personally won't blame others for him leaving, the events and timing of the MSU job coming open made it a viable option for McDonnell.

Exact what I was saying. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just stupid. I never said he was leaving, but there was a solid chance and that’s fact.

In the end he chose to stay with what he built and he knows how good we’re gonna be, next year specifically.

As a program right now in it’s current state? Sure, but that’s because of McDonnell. MSU still has the better tradition, better fans, etc. I mean they are about to build like a 50+ million expansion.

Well, if you clicked the link you would have gotten your answer. But, the rankings were based on: taking into consideration recent history, coaching staff quality, facilities, scholarship/financial aid situation, conference dynamics, and recruiting and player development proficiency.

McDonnell didn't build Louisville baseball on his own. He had help.
c02-louisville-side-06-4_3.jpg

Reactions: earsky and zipp
Sorry for not posting in here . I posted in the thread that went from Lance Thomas to everything UofL and said he was most likely staying now.

I wasn't talking about you, unless you just outed yourself as Brown is the new Blue.

I wasn't talking about you, unless you just outed yourself as Brown is the new Blue.

Well, it just so seemingly came after what the other guy said to me, that was my first assumption.

There was a solid chance. Not once did I say he was going to leave. You saw my other post saying he was staying. If you don’t think that MSU has better tradition then idk what to tell you, lol.
Look Dan was never leaving at least not MSU. This was his subtle way of reminding Tyra that other schools are interested and also wanted some confidence from Tyra that baseball, like it was for Jurich, was still a top priority for U of L. He wanted and needed to hear that U of L was committed to continue its support of the baseball program.

Reactions: zipp
Coach has not completed his mission here. I've always thought it was our ace in the hole as far as whether or not he was looking to leave. He cannot in earnest move on until the task is completed. I truly believe that.

Look Dan was never leaving at least not MSU. This was his subtle way of reminding Tyra that other schools are interested and also wanted some confidence from Tyra that baseball, like it was for Jurich, was still a top priority for U of L. He wanted and needed to hear that U of L was committed to continue its support of the baseball program.
What you're saying is Coach Mac felt he had to leverage his situation to get the commitment he had previously with the current regime. Good insight...

Not even sure how MSU hires a new coach after they just made the CWS. Also, anyone catch game 2 of UNC/Stetson? UNC up three in the bottom of the 9th. After plating a run, Stetson then has two on with two outs. Stetson slugger drills one to deep center. As soon as the ball left the bat, both the UNC pitcher and catcher put their hands over the their heads, like "oh, no!" The ball was crushed, but the CF caught it on the track near the wall. Game over. That ball hit in any other part of the park, a goner. UNC to the CWS.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT