ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones being sued by Referee Higgins

The reason he's suing for more than $75,000 is to get the case out of state court and into federal court. He is suing under diversity jurisdiction which requires that the parties be from different states and that the amount in controversy be at least $75,000. Without claiming that, he would be forced to sue in Kentucky state court, which would be a more difficult (read: possibly biased) road for him.

Why would he sue in Kentucky when he and his business in Nebraska were the targets ?

Just because mattie bangs resides here means nothing when he was the ringleader who directed threats to an individual 5 States away.

The harassment of Higgins began on Rupp Rafters. The game was Sunday afternoon and the thread was out of control by Sunday night. If anything he could sue Rivals for allowing the posts to continue. I don't like Jones...but I really do not see a case here.

Now if the fans who actually threatened him are charged and jailed I would be fine with it.

Lol.......Matt Jones, interstate terrorist.

Well.....we get to see. If it flies, it has some repercussions on a lot of media platforms, including the likes of this one a many others.
It would just seem if he's interested in a true legal settlement,.he would.have used those that were arrested for making the threatening calls.
Then again, instead of the devil made me do it, it's Matt Jones made me do it.

Why would he sue in Kentucky when he and his business in Nebraska were the targets ?

Just because mattie bangs resides here means nothing when he was the ringleader who directed threats to an individual 5 States away.

Because the statements were made in Kentucky. Theoretically, he could possibly sue in Nebraska because that's where the damage occurred, but then Jones' lawyer could argue that Nebraska has no jurisdiction over Jones personally. This way, Higgins has one less hoop to jump through in the case. Jones can't argue a lack of personal jurisdiction.

Reactions: billoliver40
I'm still waiting for a GoFundMe link to help this guy with his legal expenses. He's missing an opportunity to mitigate his costs and give some of us a stake in Maddie's demise...

I'm still waiting for a GoFundMe link to help this guy with his legal expenses. He's missing an opportunity to mitigate his costs and give some of us a stake in Maddie's demise...
We may want a go fund me for the Pitino claim. Anyway, another sad obsession thread about a UK loud mouth.

Reactions: Cal4Pres.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT