ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Canada

Streakpass

New Poster, Show Me Love
Dec 19, 2002
FootballScoop reporting Matt Canada being interviewed today. Offensive Coordinator at MARYLAND (5-7). Has been OC at 6 schools in the last 8 years: N. Illinois, Wisconsin, NC State, Pittsburgh, LSU, Maryland. No HC experience. Is this the best we can do ?

FootballScoop reporting Matt Canada being interviewed today. Offensive Coordinator at MARYLAND (5-7). Has been OC at 6 schools in the last 8 years: N. Illinois, Wisconsin, NC State, Pittsburgh, LSU, Maryland. No HC experience. Is this the best we can do ?
Wow. Just wow. I would consider this a huge step backward. This guy can't even hold down a OC job, AND he has zero experience as a head coach in college. Has Tyra lost his damn mind?

OP you have 40 posts since joining in 2002. I'm no math whiz but if you stay consistent this means you won't have much else to say about all this amirite???

He’s interim HC at Maryland. PJ Fleck said some good things about him. He’s an aggressive play caller and his players like him.

70480402.jpg

Bama's OC, Locksley, is the favorite to land the Maryland job. Canada was an interim, who seemed to have done a decent job keeping the team together. Regardless, he's reaching out because he knows he's not getting the full time gig there. There's something to that, IMO.

Maybe Tyra is giving him an interview to see what he's all about....and maybe he becomes a highly paid offensive coordinator once another guy is hired?

Reactions: Cue Card
If it's this Canada guy, count me in the group that will be nonrenewing my season tickets. I'm not paying for a circus ticket anymore.

Canada's agent's brother put this fake news out there.........not valid. Mystery candidate is still not known.

Wow. Just wow. I would consider this a huge step backward. This guy can't even hold down a OC job, AND he has zero experience as a head coach in college. Has Tyra lost his damn mind?
Canada has been hired away by schools. He is a high demand OC.

And he was Maryland Interim HC this year, his first at the school. It is bad enough to be Interim under those circumstances, but when it is your first year with the program, your back is pinned to the wall.

He wouldn't be my first choice, or second or third, but he is a very good OC who with this past season's experience could be a decent HC.

He would’ve been a knock out hire, but we have a Sun Belt coach coming in. Tyra really messed this whole thing up. We paid $14M in a buyout to get a Sun belt coach.
Canada blows and you’re clearly too salty to know your ass from your elbow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT