ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Hancock Speaks On Danilo Jovanovich

Cliffs Notes: Luke says that when Jovanovich was at Miami, he and his "handlers" asked the coach to redshirt him at the beginning of the season. Coach L thinks it's a good idea.

After the season is over and Miami has gone to the Final Four Jovanovich goes up to the coach and says "You should've played me. I'm transferring. I could've helped."

Luke goes on to say that Jovanovich would've been playing behind two really good, older upperclassmen at the 4 so he wouldn't have been much help at all.

The issue isn’t the player they always look out for themselves. Did KP talk with the Miami coach? As a coach in this mess is this the kind of player you want? He hasn’t played much and it is hard to tell if he can play because he gets yanked as soon as he screws up. Which is usually within a minute.

From the small sample I have seen he is a role player at best. Lacks quickness and lift. So far has not shot the ball very well.

Luke’s other point was—ostensibly Larranaga’s statement—so you would have made us something greater than the Final Four team we were?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT