ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Hancock School of Ball-Faking - Open Enrollment

mwagner20

New Poster, Show Me Love
Feb 13, 2012
Going thru the season thus far it's amazing at least to me the lack of proper ball-faking ability for most of our guys putting up shots. It's also interesting how many times I've heard on game broadcasts where most of the announcers calling the game question the same thing. Though this applies to others on the squad as an example considering McMahon doesn't really have the crisp handles to create his own shot , and unfortunately gets into trouble when putting the ball on the floor and ends up putting up a horrible shot at the last minute at times, I can't help but think adding this to his game would help him get off better shots at certain moments and possibly draw some much needed fouls on the defenders. But again that's just me. Go Cards !

Of all the players on the team, I see McMahon trying to use the ball and head fake the most. The times I've seen McMahon have to throw one up at the last second has been when we have been deep in the shot clock and he's out on an island. Not necessarily because he is not using a ball fake to get a better shot. There may be some times I'm overlooking and just do not remember.

I get your overall point. It is somewhat of a lost art just like the mid-range game. I see it used fairly often though. We have players that could probably make better use of it.

You see guys in the league (e.g. Curry and Thompson, Love, others) use it to perfection.

Of all the players on the team, I see McMahon trying to use the ball and head fake the most. The times I've seen McMahon have to throw one up at the last second has been when we have been deep in the shot clock and he's out on an island. Not necessarily because he is not using a ball fake to get a better shot. There may be some times I'm overlooking and just do not remember.

I get your overall point. It is somewhat of a lost art just like the mid-range game. I see it used fairly often though. We have players that could probably make better use of it.

You see guys in the league (e.g. Curry and Thompson, Love, others) use it to perfection.

Yeah that is all I'm saying in general . Just looking for the squad to be more cerebral to give them a chance to capitalize on every given opportunity.

Luke was a master offensively.
He was destroying UK in the 2014 NCAA game, but our offense got hijacked late and forgot about him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT