ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola and Temple facing inquiry

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
Both Universities are currently under scrutiny for an unusually high gambling activities on there games. Sounds like there could be a point shaving scandal but who knows.

Reactions: shadow force
I have no doubt in the current environment of college bball that this type thing exists.
If it is Loyola of Chicago, that's 2 schools in or around large cities.
Loyola is pretty good too.

I have no doubt in the current environment of college bball that this type thing exists.
If it is Loyola of Chicago, that's 2 schools in or around large cities.
Loyola is pretty good too.
It's Loyola of Maryland.

Both Universities are currently under scrutiny for an unusually high gambling activities on there games. Sounds like there could be a point shaving scandal but who knows.
And with people like Matt Jones pushing it, sports gambling is now legal in Kentucky. This makes it so much more likely that a point shaving scandal will hit a team in our state. Money make people do a lot of bad stuff.

And with people like Matt Jones pushing it, sports gambling is now legal in Kentucky. This makes it so much more likely that a point shaving scandal will hit a team in our state. Money make people do a lot of bad stuff.
the pseudo good side of things is that there is an oversight organization that tracks all betting so it's actually getting harder to cheat and shave points as it was just a few years ago. many times harder. in both college and pros there have been dozens and dozens of players who've been caught betting (not on their teams per se but just betting), even using friends accounts instead of theirs to try to circumvent the system, and they still got caught as the oversight saw the betting discrepancies and flagged them. happens all the time around the world in tennis and soccer games at lower levels and they get found by the tracking system. so as more and more people get caught, i think the less chance of cheating as it's being too easily tracked. luckily technology is better at tracking this kind of stuff compared to say drug smugglers. they always figure out a way to get the stuff in, but to bet online now it's almost impossible. game fixing probably occurs more with the old bookie/mafia style illegal betting where the break your legs or kill you if you try to cheat them. but i think the overall safety of sports, in terms of fixing of games, is much stronger now than it ever was. the down side is simply people who would have never bet outside of las vegas and never fall into the rush of betting and thus maybe never losing all their possessions, now have the opportunity. some kids will become addicts to gambling, others won't. same % as would normally be but was just restricted. but on a good note, gambling is for losers in most cases, the house always wins, and now the state is bringing in a ton of more taxes into the system so hopefully the entire state benefits from their 10% cut or whatever it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT