ADVERTISEMENT

Love Lamar Jackson.

He's still learning, but what a student! Needs to keep his emotions under control while maintaining his intensity.

The guy has it all working for him, and the rest of the nation recognizes that. Could definitely help us at hair-splitting time...

He proved a ton Saturday night. That was the biggest stage he's ever been on, and he played awesome. He proved he can handle it.

Freak
Of
Nature

I've never cringed every single time the ball was snapped to an opposing QB before. Enjoy that guy. He's generational.
I got my first glimpse of what it must be like to try to contain Lamar last year from my end zone seat. You can't fully grasp just how electrifying he is watching him on TV. From the field level view from behind him it was truly breathtaking the first time I saw him take off and run after being flushed from the pocket.

Even though it was an overmatched opponent in Samford, the speed at which he cut back in the opposite direction leaving a Safety who had a good angle on him in the dust was something I had never seen on the football field. It was Barry Sanders-like with more quickness involved if that's possible.

He is as you said a freak of nature and it's kind of scary seeing how good a passer he is becoming. The other amazing thing is how humble and hungry the young man is. Thanks for the compliments on Lamar.

Reactions: Capt. Backstrap
And he's so humble. I believe he hasn't come close to his ceiling. Enjoy his play we've only got him for one more year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT