ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville's 5 Toughest Football Games

Louisville's 5 Toughest Football Games

I'll get you started...

1. Florida State - Top 10 team on the road. 1 loss in two years.

I place AU at #1 - pretty much a home game for them; ranked in the top 5.
2 - FSU
3 - Clemson
4 - NC State
5 - Pitt

For me ... the first four are easy -- you could quibble about where to put them, but the top 4 are ...

Florida State
Auburn
Clemson
NC State

For 5th -- I'd say it's a toss up between Pitt and Houston.

The Houston game worries me a bit, because it's sandwiched between the hype of the home opener, and the short week coming up against Clemson. AND you KNOW they'll be sky high to take us down. It's like when we got to play a Power 5 team when we were CUSA, or the disrespected Big East.

Reactions: Mayoman
I find nearly every game on this schedule challenging. Out of respect to other teams, let us not forget that WF came in here and took us to the wire and the game @ SU was no stroll.

Samford and Syracuse @ home are the easiest. I feel UVA is next in line, similar to Houston in terms of difficulty. We could easily lose either but I think we win both.

@ WF won't be easy but we are a good road team, remember they were really young last year and again, they played a good ball game.

I feel @ PITT, BC @ home, and yes UK @ UK are very similar in terms of difficulty. BC will grind it out, Pitt has always given us fits, and despite the boorish behavior of so many of their fans around here, UK could be a 6-7 game winner and that last game is going to be a tough game.

1) Auburn, just a tough opener w/ so many new faces
2) @ FSU, tough environment and they have lost one game in two years
3) @ NC St, this is a sleeper team sitting on a good season
4) Clemson, good program, lots of new faces, short turn around we get them on Thurs night and it will be a good atmosphere
5) @ Pitt, a road game that may not be a raucous environment, could be very cold, and if they get physical they could wood shed us.

All this said I love our team I know this comes off negative I just respect the schedule and teams on it.

Keep discounting the cats..Victory will taste ten times better.
If anyone is discounting anyone, it's you and all your fans that think Louisville has already been chalked up in the win column for UK. Louisville fans can be forgiven for thinking along those lines because of where we've been and what we've done, especially over the last four years and especially to your team. If I were a UK fan, I'd keep a low profile until my historically moribund program gave me reason to behave otherwise.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
If anyone is discounting anyone, it's you and all your fans that think Louisville has already been chalked up in the win column for UK. Louisville fans can be forgiven for thinking along those lines because of where we've been and what we've done, especially over the last four years and especially to your team. If I were a UK fan, I'd keep a low profile until my historically moribund program gave me reason to behave otherwise.
What exactly has Louisville done the last four years that sets their program worlds apart from UK?

Now that Stoops has his own players finally taking the field I see nothing but new years bowl and nothing but wins from here on out against the cardinals.

What exactly has Louisville done the last four years that sets their program worlds apart from UK?

Now that Stoops has his own players finally taking the field I see nothing but new years bowl and nothing but wins from here on out against the cardinals.

How about beating a team, in our only at bat, that UK hasn't beaten in 28 years?

How about a win over any school from Florida?

LPT Football: Cats 20, Florida A&M 14...

What exactly has Louisville done the last four years that sets their program worlds apart from UK?...
What defines "worlds apart"?

U of L's average Massey composite rating form 2011-2014 is 31. LPT's is 85.

Is a difference of 54 positions "worlds apart"?

My experience is that LPT fans think that U of L fans think the Cardinals are national champs or world beaters. That's because the comparisons with their program are relative. Compared to LPT football, U of L is "worlds apart". Compared to most other respectable teams, we are not.

Hell, your own conference mates think that as well. LPT is a sham program to everyone but LPT.

LPT Football: Only U of L fans disrespect us...

Two things that the UK folks all are missing. One- Louisville is much better than they think, because they overvalue last year's result and they think we lost too much off of last year's team. Two- Stoops walked into PJCS last year and slapped CBP in the face before the game. UK fans don't see that at all. It is going to be ugly at CWS.

Keep discounting the cats..Victory will taste ten times better.

Can you read? The question was the 5 most difficult games. Have you really gotten to the point you think UaK belongs on that list behind: Auburn, FSU, Clemson, NC St. and Pitt. You are seriously delusional. You cannot beat any of them. How is that doubting the Cayuts? We doubt them, but not for that reason.

If you want to talk Sugar Bowl victories let's start with your own question: What have you done the last 4 years to set yourself apart from UaK. The Sugar Bowl was within the last 4 years genius. How about beating Miami twice? How about beating your sorry team a few times? That would certainly set one apart from them. I really thought you would be able to count to 4 because it is your avg football win total the last 10 years.

Do you know the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Until you prove that wrong, Louisville fans and the rest of the world will continue to doubt you. Oh, I know, bigger, stronger, faster...unfortunately that does not include the term eligible.

Now, go away, or I shall taunt you a second time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: balderthanu
1. Florida State
2. Auburn
3. Clemson
4. NC State
5. UK

I put UK at 5 only because I think they will come into that game with 5 wins just like last year. It's a rivalry game and strange things happen sometimes, see last year.

Because the UK game is in such a far distant future, I find it almost impossible to even rank them in terms of competitiveness. If they lose Townes inside their brutal SEC run, what on Earth is their option? WWE paperweight Barker, top of the Kentucky 2A class?? The truth is, it is highly probable, based on the past, to encounter a dispirited bunch playing out the string of a devastatingly disastrous season. It is as probable as seeing the team who "woke up America", lol, if not far more so. On a strictly personal basis, it is also made even worse by their preening over marginal gains in recruiting ranks between the schools. I expect their fan base, mixed with the shallow absurdities in Tweets by their players and the bulletin board material for BobbyP, to work very badly against them. The scenario of the pregame trailer trash actions from last season will play to that motivation as well. My jury is certainly out for that team, especially. Otherwise my Top 5 would include Pitt or Houston as #5, with the other games obvious ratings.

Well, Auburn is getting national championship contender kind of love, so they are the clear numero uno at this point. Then FSU since it's at FSU and they are FSU. Third is Clemson. 4th would be NCST. Virginia 5th, only because they beat us last year.

Wildcats are the summer National Champions got thr fiftieth straight year. That's a lot of momentum going int the season. Bigger, Faster, Stronger.
1 UK
2 Clemson
3 Auburn
4 Fla State
5 NC State

What defines "worlds apart"?

U of L's average Massey composite rating form 2011-2014 is 31. LPT's is 85.

Is a difference of 54 positions "worlds apart"?

My experience is that LPT fans think that U of L fans think the Cardinals are national champs or world beaters. That's because the comparisons with their program are relative. Compared to LPT football, U of L is "worlds apart". Compared to most other respectable teams, we are not.

Hell, your own conference mates think that as well. LPT is a sham program to everyone but LPT.

LPT Football: Only U of L fans disrespect us...

Come on Zipp, You know better then to use facts on a UK fan. Just stick with Hyperbole that's what they understand.

I read on the other site that last year's Kentucky team was the best 5-7 team ever assembled. Is that like saying my wife is the prettiest 400 pound woman you have ever seen in your life?

Reactions: atiba
If UK isn't a top 5 team on your schedule then maybe you guys should temper your expectations for the season because the UK game will likey be a pick em game

If UK isn't a top 5 team on your schedule then maybe you guys should temper your expectations for the season because the UK game will likey be a pick em game

Maybe you guys should temper YOUR expectations based on you know 65 years of history and stuff.

The CBS Top 128 has Auburn, FSU, Clemson, Pitt, NC St, Houston, UK, BC as the top eight, in that order. Louisville, at 25, plays three top 25 teams and is ranked higher than nine opponents. UK, at 68, is ranked ahead of three opponents, and plays four top 25 (including Louisville). Note that ULL is ranked 66. I don't put much stock in pre season polls, but it is interesting that CBS isn't aware of Kentucky's greatness.

NC State, Pitt, Clemson, Auburn, Boston College and Florida State went to Bowl games last year....Kentucky has not
I think that's a flawed argument given the relative SOS.

6. Kentucky (5-7 regular season)
15. BC (7-5 regular season, lost bowl game)
23. NCSU (7-5 regular season, won bowl game)
74. Pitt (6-6 regular season, lost bowl game)

I'm not saying UK was better or worse than BC, NCSU, or Pitt last year. But I think it's not unreasonable to think, at least, that UK could have gone 6-6 with Pitt's schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT