ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Wake Forest

1st quarter ends with us by 1 very sloppy game by us so far. We are not protecting the ball too many turnovers. I started watching the game late what did I miss since our lineup is really different from what it normally is.

Love the way this team is playing defense.

Merissah Russell sacrificing her body trying to draw the charge there at about the 230 mark.

Payne should have the men’s team here at the game taking notes for how a successful team plays defense.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
1st quarter ends with us by 1 very sloppy game by us so far. We are not protecting the ball too many turnovers. I started watching the game late what did I miss since our lineup is really different from what it normally is.

I’m with you, didn’t get to see the beginning.

Russell has really become an outside threat 2 3 pointers by her in the 2nd quarter and we stretch our lead to 9 with 6:24 left before half.

Reactions: PushupMan
Another drawn charge, this time by KIKI Jefferson at the 5:30 mark of 2Q. Well done!

Curry Fighting through the screen, draws the offensive foul. Another great defensive play!

Jefferson seems to have fallen in love with the drive to the basket after she had so much success against Pitt. Normally a good play, but not when all five defenders are in the paint!

Redeems herself drawing a charge on the next play, then does make the smart drive to the basket for the and one!

46-27 Cards at the half we play sluggish the 1st quarter but really turned it up the 2nd quarter. We held WF to 6 points in the 2nd quarter. Does anyone know why we had the starting lineup we had? Was CJW trying to send a message to his starters?

Deflection by Taylor and then the drawn charge by Harris.

Great fast break pass from Taylor to Istanbulluoglu for the and-one!

Gotta get excited about the potential of this team. Need just a little more “polish” out of #11 to really be dangerous!

Up by 20 in the 4th with a lot of subs we need to work on passing on how to pass and when to pass. There are way to many long slow passes that are easily stolen.

Regarding the starting lineup, I do not know. Rickards, Jefferson, Harris, Cochran and Taylor is a pretty good starting lineup. Were you expecting Curry in there?

Jeff is always tinkering, except when it gets to tournament time. Perhaps he’s just seeing how Curry does coming off the bench. I’d say based on this game, she does very well!

Reactions: rh62531
We win by 21 most starters out early in the 4th quarter. The announcers kept talking how well WF played in the 4th. Va Tech lost today making Louisville the only undefeated team in the conference. We can’t celebrate that because we have tough games ahead.

I started watching the game late because of the game prior to ours went into overtime. When I started watching Cochran, Harris and Jefferson weren’t on the court. The announcers were commenting on the starters being out and maybe Jeff was trying to motivate his starters.

46-27 Cards at the half we play sluggish the 1st quarter but really turned it up the 2nd quarter. We held WF to 6 points in the 2nd quarter. Does anyone know why we had the starting lineup we had? Was CJW trying to send a message to his starters?
Starting lineup is the same as it has been. Rickards has been starting over Curry.

I started watching the game late because of the game prior to ours went into overtime. When I started watching Cochran, Harris and Jefferson weren’t on the court. The announcers were commenting on the starters being out and maybe Jeff was trying to motivate his starters.
At that point he was just subbing. We are a whole lot more athletic and talented. He was going to play everyone l.

Like I said I started watching the game late and the players on the floor for Louisville were Love, Harris, Curry, Russell and the Turk. That was not the normal starting lineup. I thought maybe Cochran was injured but the announcer commented that CJW might be sitting some of his starters to motivate them.

I like the idea of playing more players it gives your playing experience. Once we get into the tougher part of our schedule we are going to need them.

JW ripped a couple of players on the post game and they needed it! MR and EL with half our turnovers (8).

The ladies acknowledged post game they were not energized the entire week leading up to the game, and it showed. They are still human and cannnot be expected to prepare for an opponent like WF at home.

At UNC will tell us a lot about this team!

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
Usual starting lineup but coach subbed whole group early. We are playing 9 or 10 and I love it, I think it really helps you defensively. We don't have an All-American player who can get you a bucket at any time, but we can get you with our balance offensively and pressure defensively.
The careless, unforced turnovers are still there, but Coach has us moving in the right direction. It was fun being at the Yum, more on Sunday than Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT