ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Ole Miss

I’ve been watching the last 5 minutes of the 1st quarter and I haven’t seen us go inside at all. We are just taking outside shots and we end the 1st quarter with a 14-14 tie.

This is really ugly basketball I don’t know if the offense on both teams is bad or if the defense is that good.

You know in a way the women's team is very similar to the men's. There's obvious and promising talent. A lot of experience due to the portal. A group of players trying to develop an identity.

The only real difference is? You got it.

Jeff Walz and Kenny Payne.

There's no doubt in my mind if Pitino were the coach with this group, it would be exciting basketball. Might not win 25 games, but the Yum center wouldn't look like a crypt.

And it wouldn't have to be Pitino. If any high level coach were here, Louisville would be a 100 percent better team.

Walz will gel this team and we're starting to see the emergence of Rickards and Jefferson. I have absolute confidence this team will challenge for another elite 8.

Collins for Ole Miss is having a big game but she has an odd looking form when she shoots.

The refs just won't let these teams play. Everytime someone drives to the goal, they blow the whistle.

This is ridiculous. What in the hell are these refs doing? There hasn't been continuous play of a full minute without a whistle for most of the 2nd half.

I swear, UofL hoops, both men and women, are the worst teams at getting the loose ball and long rebounds. It's uncanny. It doesn't matter if the teams are excellent, decent or bad, the ball mostly always gets to the opponent when it's loose. It drives me crazy.

I watched a lot of basketball today and the only team in the ACC that looks like last years team in Va Tech. There are so many transfers that no team looks like last years team. I watched UNCST and they are ranked 5th and the only player on the team that impressed me was Saniya Rivers.

She attacks the basket non stop but the rest of the team was not impressive. They had a lot of turnovers and their defense was average. However they beat Colorado and UConn both teams that were ranked in the top 5. UNCST like Louisville and probably half the teams in the country will probably be better teams midway through the season. Everybody is playing with new rosters.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I watched the ND win at Tennessee; it was an impressive performance by the Irish. I saw Miles in street clothes on the bench and not sure if she will be able to contribute this season, but even without her the ND team looked more advanced in terms of floor discipline on both ends.

UL women are athletic on the defensive end, and that alone explains their ability to leave Oxford with the “W”.

ND was playing without 3 starters Olivia Miles, Citron and Prosser. Without them they beat Tennessee on the road. If ND can get healthy they could be a title contender come tournament time.

I agree w/Mr. Kosmas. I recorded and watched the game later. It was a very strange game indeed. Now, both teams were trying, actually playing decent defense, etc. But, the officials were odd to say the least. Nothing near as well called as the Tenn-ND game. Actually, it was as if they were trying to change the outcome. Louisville had the game won and then, it was one foul, miss-call after another. Especially, in that last quarter. I'll tell you, if Ole Miss had hit their free throws (and we missed a few as well), they win that game! My opinion - (and I've been to a few hundred SEC men's games thru the years), it reminded me of the good 'ol boys games, if you know what I mean. Last evening, UT or ND would beat either team. I believe the UL women's team will improve thru the year, however. imo

-no team has been as consistently overrated over the last few years as U Tenn.
-i thought basically we were out hustled and out fought a good bit of the game last night. Ole Miss a scrappy team but I think we out skilled them at times.
-it was a really good win, beating ranked team on the road.
-in our favor last night, was our head coach was trying to direct some offense from the bench whereas Ole Miss coach just yelling for her team to press
-i'm a big fan of Olivia but goodness gracious knock down an open jumper.
-we have a couple of dangerous shooters in Curry and Taylor but very shaky handling the ball last night.
-big fan of Jefferson, nice all around game and threat to score
-looks like Ricards needs to be primary point guard and on the floor most of the game (39 minutes last night)

Reactions: JTMPR
I thought it was telling on the Ole Miss coach when her team was called for a 5 second violation because they couldn’t get the ball in. She was complaining with the ref wanting to know what the violation was. She reminds me of Dawn Staley of South Carolina and Kim Mulkey of LSU. When their teams commits a violation just scream and yell at the referee like “don’t you know who I am. “

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT