ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS VA TECH GAME THREAD

Go Cards beat the Hokies! Send um back to Virginny with their tails between their tookies!!!
Cards win a tough fought battle with VT and move into sole possession of 2nd place in ACC.

Defense holds Coleman back for the punt and he made a great catch on the punt but it was scary looking, I thought he was going to mishandle it.

They showed what was supposed to be the holding call it was very questionable. We dominated the first half but only up by 11, I hope we can play just as good the 2nd half.

Reactions: UofLouisville
Seems like whenever we run the ball it is to the left side of the line. We should fake them out and try to run to the left side of the line. Tech comes out fired up and us to a 3 and out I hope they don’t flip the script.

I am glad to see they are running off the right side of the line And Guerrendo scores.

Interesting. Why not Clarkson in this situation? I could see if we were behind and we needed a veteran.

I feel sorry for a Turner in there during cleanup without the starters. I guess it will make him tougher and a better runner.

The difference I saw in Guerendo today was his patience in allowing the line to open holes instead of plowing into their backs

When I was at the game, I kept thinking outside of two costly penalties (erasing the long IG touchdown and the pass interference on the flea flicker), that was about the smartest I have ever seen a football team play. Defense was almost always lined up to stop the play, Plummer's quick throws and use of his legs was awesome. Oh, everyone in the stands around me was fooled by the touchdown pass after the play action (reminded me of Brian Brohm) Special teams play. My god I hope the FBI does not have a warrant out on Chris Bell after that murder job on that kick off. Also when VT got off good punts, note how our guys called a fair catch anytime it was inside the twenty. I hate it when punt returners let it bounce over their heads and get downed at the two yard line. Mental focus was amazing. Five penalties in the first, and I think only one in the second half.

Rewatched it today. Unless I’m mistaken, the only time Va. Tech got past mid field was on the field goal. I don’t think they sniffed Card territory at all in the second half. No too shabby!!!

Also, consider this on top of the final score….we had a missed field goal, a touchdown called back for holding and a missed extra point. 11 points!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT