ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs UConn

Another fast paced game we should be in really good shape by tournament time. So far a really well played game by both teams, not much separation between them so far.

Reactions: WahooCard
Some little touch fouls for the home team so far - don’t like that. We are getting hammered and no calls. 😡

I agree on the fouls we have 3 players with 2 fouls already. We don’t want players with 3 fouls before halftime that would really change our defense of strategy.

UConn is not missing any shots right now either. Hopefully they cool down.

Couple of observations.
1. REFS have not done us any favors; borderline shitty.
2. UofL’s movement needs to better. Too easy to guard.
3. I really wish the announcers would stop gushing over uconn.

Louisville was down by 9 we end the first half down by 4. UConn is having trouble handling Kiki Jefferson she really asserted herself. Where is Love she was unstoppable in our last game. I hope the fouls don’t get us in the second half.

Couple of observations.
1. REFS have not done us any favors; borderline shitty.
2. UofL’s movement needs to better. Too easy to guard.
3. I really wish the announcers would stop gushing over uconn.
No kidding. They mug Jefferson no call and go to the other end barely touch a UCONN player call foul. Typical women’s refs

We’re getting bumped really hard and no calls and then they Muhl runs over Jefferson and the foul is on us.

Reactions: Bardman
Terrible 2nd half start. A couple of these refs are just abysmal. Senseless turnovers. Put Curry back in Rickards is bad.

We aren’t rebounding like we have been we did a good job of it the first half but not the 3rd quarter.

This game is over. Uconn not missing shots. Uconn can grabass on every defensive play. Taylor os giving us nothing. I thought she might be our leading scorer this year and she is playing without any confidence or moxy.

Reactions: UofLouisville
Need to work on a lot of things and this game exposed that good thing it is early in the season. Definitely need to work on better passing, don’t wait for the pass to come to you go to the pass, don’t pass it to a player in a crowd and don’t pass it all the way across the court when a defender is between you.

Agreed - lots of time for this group to improve. I mentioned previously, this team lacks quickness. I see this on defense, offense and passing. They can overcome this; but you have to be able to make shots. They are missing wayyyyy too many shots.

Playing UConn on the road will let you know where you stand and what you need to work on. And we have lots to work on, but it is early and we have one of best coaches in America. Coach Walz usually gets us there at the end of season, so I trust him.
Coach has complained about our defense all year and UConn was willing to make their wide open shots yesterday. We don't seem to have as many "dogs" on defense and I thought we were a little slow yesterday especially on 50-50 balls.
We haven't really shot well all year. Our biggest 3 pt threats are struggling-Taylor 28%, Russell 26% and Curry 32% and as team we are under 30%.

There are a lot of teams using the portal and that will continue. I think CJW had to use it because we lost so many players. I do like having players on our team for 4 years. You get to know them better and watch them grow. With the transfer portal you never know what you are going to have year to year.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
It's very frustrating when watching on TV not recognizing the players yet - except for Olivia. How many of our portal players have another year ?

Last edited:
The traditional program that builds on HS recruiting has been severely diminished, as the Portal does two things simultaneously that is impacting how coaches approach HS Seniors.

First, those incoming Freshman who demonstrate an ability to contribute at a high level, will be inclined to transfer out if they can attract NIL funds, and/or play at a school with more exposure. Secondly, the opportunity for HCs to immediately remain competitive by utilizing the Portal, will be only increase its use, as graduation and transferring out increases.

For further evidence, just imagine where UL Women’s Basketball would be this year in terms of competitiveness, had Jeff not brought in this many experienced and athletic transfers?

UL is not going to compete for a NC, or even an ACC Championship this season, however we should make the NCAA tournament and remain respectful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT