ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS SMU GAME THREAD

The edcisions being made form the TOP are wrong!

Jeff needs to do better.

QB is TOOOOOOO slow to make a read. It cost almost every drive. Defense is UNDISCIPLINE. they put absolutely zero pressure on any team.

Oline is giving less than than 2 seconds per snap.

RBs and WRs are very good!

UL runs the ball and gets behind the chains every time the y have the ball.

Reactions: rh62531
The fourth down call was stupid. You literally had a formation that put 22 people in a 7 yard box and ran it ran right into the middle. No creativity no space just a stupid call. That was the game.

Now again the officiating is god freaking awful. Legit three calls and non calls that matter. At this point what do you do?

SMU was the better team be clear they were the better team.

I’ll say this to be fair again, we shouldn’t have lost this game, but I’ll be consistent because I defended Satt too. Power conference ball is tough. We got used to big seasons in the CUSA and brought them right to the Big East and then came in strong to the ACC.

I think sometimes as fans we will get down and think we’re going to be able to roll teams like we used to in the Big East, but the ACC is tough. And you have TO BRING IT every week.

Last year we had a great OL led by B Hudson and 2 NFL draft picks. We had a QB that had started for Jeff and we played it safe.

But last year let’s remember?
We were lucky to beat GT, Indiana, Virginia, and NC State. Lost to a crap Pitt team. Close wins, but last year luck could’ve went the other way multiple times and it was a different season.

But we were never a dominant team. We played favorable schedule and had some great breaks. We lost a lot too and had a lot of new guys. But this year the schedule is a little tougher and we didn’t have the breaks to our way today. Those are the small things that can change a season in the ACC, which is why you see teams rise and fall yearly.

Earlier this year I posted a thread that said 'SMU is coming'....and some here snickered. Well, I was wrong...they aren't coming they are HERE and the Cards could not stop them when it mattered.

The staff needs to take a serious look at the OL and DL. This game is won or lost mostly in the trenches...we got beat there again.

Did we lose twice to ND? Hangover, emotional let down.? IDK

The SMU coach is a keeper. His team was ready and they executed with few penalties or TO's. Deserved the W.

Hats off to the Mustangs. Need to regroup and reevaluate this teams starters, and play calling.

Backs against the wall now. Can't afford any more losses in the ACC or it's Katy bar the door. But there is still a chance.

I agree overall. Every game is tough. Fans in general don’t respect the fact that Louisville won’t out talent many teams.. Which makes coaching a really big deal. They were out coached and out schemed today. Louisville didn’t out scheme them they just out of talented them on offense however their line was better than Louisville. SMU out schemed and out talented Louisville’s defense.

They are awful on defense. They are pretty good on offense. This an average team.

Louisville is now 1-5 in its last Six Games against P4 teams. Losses: UK, FSU, USC, ND, SMU Win: GT
Look how close they are in all those losses. Look how unlucky they have been as well. Only the USC loss were they really beaten down.

Louisville sports has to be one of the most frustrating teams for fans to follow. Nothing rarely goes its way and lately, it has been one disappointment after another after another.

Baseball team seemingly has lost its elite status and has missed the post season multiple times recently. Even when they were near the top in wins, they did nothing in the World Series.

Women's hoops and Volleyball have been a threat to win it all but still no championships.

The men's team which is the only UofL program to win national titles, became a laughing stock and only now appears to have righted itself. But you never know. They haven't played a single game yet.

And the football program who was 10 and 1 last season until suddenly nothing would go their way and they lost their last three games. Remember Lamar's Heisman season where we went from top 5 to losing the last three games in the season as well? And of course the absolute shame in 2018 when the program was abandoned by Petrino.

Being a Louisville Cardinals fan is torture and I'm getting too old to continue to believe it's ever going to change. I will always pull for the Cards but I'm done expecting anything but the same shit we always see. We could get the entire All American first team on offense to transfer here and we would will still lose games on terrible officiating and unlucky breaks.

• Wow
Reactions: rh62531 and Mayoman
Football is pretty simple if you can’t win up front good luck.

I am sorry but there is a way to always field a solid defense. To many teams with less talent than Louisville play better defensively. They are awful against solid offenses. They can overwhelm bad offenses. That have never stood up against good offenses. Legit fire English at the end of the year.

Offensively-they need to stop outthinking the room and lean on their best player which is their QB. That 4th down call was coaching malpractice.

Reactions: rh62531
SMU fans can same something about your "torture " comment. We are still in a very early stage of an evolving program. I'm not saying CJB is the messiah, but he is good...maybe great. We definitely want to be on that train.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT