ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Notre Dame

This is the third game this year here that started at 6 p.m. Unless you work close, tough to get there.

Reactions: Bardman
I don't understand why we are not drawing 10-12k every game.
I’m with you. There was a pretty good student deal for Raise Red and we had pretty much ZERO student section. Out students suck and coming out and supporting our teams. Admin must find ways to get them to the games and tickets should be free or $2.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Well said Bardman and Guardman; I have witnessed WBB games where the home team students dominated the arena, and the home court advantage was huge. Admittedly the area attendance was significantly smaller than what UL experiences, but the level of enthusiasm is greater.

Having said this, I was not at the game Thursday night, but several of those who I know that attended the game said it was one of the loudest UL WBB crowds they had experienced.

Reactions: Cap'n Jim
Well said Bardman and Guardman; I have witnessed WBB games where the home team students dominated the arena, and the home court advantage was huge. Admittedly the area attendance was significantly smaller than what UL experiences, but the level of enthusiasm is greater.

Having said this, I was not at the game Thursday night, but several of those who I know that attended the game said it was one of the loudest UL WBB crowds they had experienced.
It got LOUD after Curry's 3.

Reactions: Bardman
It is a crying shame that WBB/FB teams coached by Walz/Brohm can't average 12,000 and 57,000 attendance respectively. Probably mostly results from being a small enrollment city-type university, with significant fractions of students needing to work, and less able to attend games conveniently. Louisville is the second smallest Public University in P4. And, of course, the Commonwealth of Kentucky is one of the poorest states.

The UofL Athletics Admin needs to design/implement new policies to increase attendance.

I listened to CJW post game show and he said there were 9400 at the game and they made some noise. He did say that he thought the game time was bad for fans and he thought there would have been more fans with a later start time.

TV remains a major disincentive to attend games for a lot of fans.

I saw a completely filled up Corrupt Arena yesterday, and recall many years ago attending a UK BB game there, where I sat in the upper deck. All I can say, is anyone who was sitting up there cannot truthfully say they saw the action, as the distance is just too far.

I went to the tournament game there when we lost to Texas A&M. It is not a comfortable arena and going to concessions was worse.

Reactions: 2330859
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT