ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Notre Dame

Couldn’t ask for a better start 13-2 Cards ND forced to take a timeout. Defense is good, rebounding is strong, offense is moving the ball well. Let’s hope all of that continues.

This game is putting women's basketball back decades with all the turnovers. It just doesn't make sense. These teams look nothing like top 20 teams. Turnovers are mostly careless.

Reactions: rh62531
So far this game is all about defense and that is how ND cut our lead down to 2 to end the 1st quarter.

Reactions: Bardman
Very physical- at least UND is - and refs are fine with it. Kind of disappointed in our crowd.

It's like turnovers are not a big deal for the Cards. They have been so carefree with the ball It's unreal. They haven't been great with turnovers all season but they have been downright horrible tonight.

I agree we are holding ND to tough shots but at the same time we are making our own mistakes

You got to get hit with a hammer before they call a foul. This is just like the ND vs UConn game it was very physical and not many fouls. If you get in foul trouble this game you really hit someone hard. Now watch the 2nd half they will call touch fouls. There has been some obvious walking violations they haven’t called.

Box score shows 12 turnovers. Seems like more to me. If they continue to play like turnovers are no big deal, they will lose. Walz has to address this reckless handling of the ball. ND is playing a lot of zone so what's the deal?

This game is putting women's basketball back decades with all the turnovers. It just doesn't make sense. These teams look nothing like top 20 teams. Turnovers are mostly careless.
Our team has had an issue with turnovers all year. But that’s ok our men’s team has set BB back 70 years. So it’s still not that bad
I think the portal will be far more detrimental to WBB JMO.

Box score shows 12 turnovers. Seems like more to me. If they continue to play like turnovers are no big deal, they will lose. Walz has to address this reckless handling of the ball. ND is playing a lot of zone so what's the deal?
This has to be driving him crazy it’s been going on for months

We are throwing bad passes but to compound the problem we are taking off to the basket before we catch it

UND is grossly physical; lots of body contact and over the back - no calls at all.

A lot of pushing and bumping and no calls. This is how ND beat UConn they play physical and get away with it that sucks for us.

Reactions: CardsFirst
The ref blew the whistle before Hildago shot the ball. If we lose this blame it on the foul shooting

Play defense and don’t foul and that is going to be hard with the way they are calling fouls right now.

A really good win over a good team and we needed for our resume. If we can win a some more games against ranked teams we could up playing at home the first 2 games of the NCAA Tournament.

I agree just imagine them next year when they have Olivia Miles & Hildago together. They will have the best guard combination in the country. I really like the effort that Nyla Harris is playing with right now. If she continues that she will be one of the top players in the country next year.

Should have switched up against full court press. Olivia has poor handles that far from the basket. Also, no strong determination to go to the ball on passes. Too passive.

UL’s half court defense was as good as it has been all season. Hildago’s 30 points required 25 shots, and that sort of unbalanced offense is what limits ND.

The unforced TOs and our periodic scoring droughts along with missing 9 FTs explains why we did not win last night by 20 points.

These girls play so hard and so unselfishly, we have a chance to be in every single game; if we just take better care of the ball and hit those wide open mid-range perimeter shots. This team misses so many open looks, that it prompted CJW to say that he is going to be working on that as much as anything in our practices between now and the end of the season.

I watched, but didn’t listen to them very much. I remember the play by play announcer saying he loved the “smells” of Louisville, in that there appeared to be lots of delicious food everywhere.

I seem to recall that they were complimentary of our scoring balance, and they said that our half court defense, when it was working during that early 13-2 start, was forcing the ND offense back on their heels, meaning they were starting late in the shot clock and all the way back near half court.

Once again the refs were very bad. Lots of over the backs were not called. Lots of phantom fouls called.
It was funny when they did not know who touched the ball last. Two refs go and look at the tape. Look for a couple minutes. Then one ref leaves and another ref looks at the tape. It shouldn’t take that long so I though they must of forgot their glasses

Once again the refs were very bad. Lots of over the backs were not called. Lots of phantom fouls called.
It was funny when they did not know who touched the ball last. Two refs go and look at the tape. Look for a couple minutes. Then one ref leaves and another ref looks at the tape. It shouldn’t take that long so I though they must of forgot their glasses
Yes to all.

They talked about Hildago but they also talked about Nyla Harris. They also talked about our defense and how good it was. Not the announcers but ACC crew Talking Heads talked about how balanced the conference is. There are 5 ranked teams in the conference and whoever comes out on top in the conference should get one of the top seeds.

Reactions: Guardman
The Cards need another win over ranked Syr this weekend. Can’t have a let down vs BC with Virginia Tech the following weekend. We need a 10K+ crowd for that game.
A #3 seed (or higher) is the goal. A 4 seed matches you up with the 1 seed and personally I would like to avoid that scenario.

The Cards need another win over ranked Syr this weekend. Can’t have a let down vs BC with Virginia Tech the following weekend. We need a 10K+ crowd for that game.
A #3 seed (or higher) is the goal. A 4 seed matches you up with the 1 seed and personally I would like to avoid that scenario.
I don't understand why we are not drawing 10-12k every game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT