ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS KENTUCKY GAME THREAD

After sobering up overnight, I am not as upset as I was. We didn’t make the plays needed and Kentucky capitalized on that. Our future looks bright even after this tough loss.

Good game Kentucky

Reactions: billoliver40
Btw, I was banned from their board last night, I was pretty drunk so there’s no telling what I said. Don’t drink and drive, and don’t drink and post on social media. 😀

certainly didn’t change your weird and random posting.
everyone said we needed a new coach, that they hated satts. well satts, before being let go, had the best incoming recruiting class we've ever had. and our recruiting class was lower ranked than satts would have been. additionally, last year, satts' team beat more top 25 teams than any other team in the country except one, UGA, the national champion. this year we only beat ND at home. we beat no one else ranked. barely beat anyone with a winning record. lost to KY again when heavily favored. everyone said brohm is our savior but the reality is he failed vs a hapless Pitt team and failed again against UK and we had several one score games where we could have easily been 7-5. thankfully we were not but it's that close.

we changed coaches from a winning coach to the exact same coach with the exact same wins, just people like JB's attitude better but the results are no better. that's my point, we fired a guy who was winning just because we didn't like his interview style, now we got a coach with a better interview style but the results are exactly the same. with satts we've would have also been 10-2 and lost to uk. so we paid more to get the same results. that's my point, everyone wanted satts gone and we replaced him with the same results. so what did JB accomplish this year that satt's team wouldn't have?

like i said before the game, this season is a bust if we lost to UK. we did and that feeling of failure will remain with us for another 12 months until we play them again, who the fu%k cares about a bowl win if we lost to UK, do you? if you do that's said. bowl games are artifical where many times the best palyers don't even suit up. uk is real, and JB choked again when the pressure was on.

honestly, that's jb's downfall, he cannot handle the pressure of being good, he's used to be at at school with no tradition and that any wins are good wins. here we expect a lot more than they did at WKU or purdue. to me this season was a failure as we didn't beat the one team that we needed to. people bitched that satts didn't take the rivalry seriously so they hated him becuase he lost. well jb takes it seriously and still lost. so what did we gain this year, absolutely nothing. 12 months again and having to deal with Sucky fans rubbing it in.

so again, i love CJB, but he didn't elevate us to any place that satts wouldn't have taken us. simple facts people sorry you cannot see that from being blinded by what you think CJB did this year. and not to be a downer, but FSU should beat us and if we play OSU in bowl they'll probably beat us too meaning there's a good chance we end this season on a three game losing streak. ponder that for a moment, betting odds are that we will lose our final three games. going to be a fun offseason talking about that. let's hope not but we will nto be favored against FSU and will not be favored against whatever bowl team we face.

• Haha
Reactions: rockycard
I think it is rational to be upset with the loss but not at the players or coaches in this game. They played hard, they were prepared and for 90 percent of the game they executed their game plan. The other 10 percent got them which you have to credit UK for taking advantage of every mistake.

Louisville had a chance for 2 interceptions missed both and think both ended up with UK scoring. UK got 2 turnovers and converted both.

The only thing I really question is the logic of kicking to Brown. I just don’t understand kicking it to him it is all risk no reward. He doesn’t need much time or space to hit a crack.

JB choked again when the pressure was on.

How did he choke? Be specific. Take the emotion out.

Have they fumbled much all year outside the Pitt game?
Were they unprepared?
Were the players always out of position or did UK players make plays that day?

This narrative that winning 10 games is a bust is ridiculous. I understand the emotion of losing to UK. But winning 10 games in your 1st year with all the new pieces is impressive.

Impossible to predict what Satterfield would have done this year at Louisville. I liked Satterfield as well but I wouldn’t even begin to make the argument he would have won 10 games. You are assuming a lot. Owens and Moore don’t flip. He kills it in the portal. Clarkson wasn’t ready so we are winning 10 games with Brock or Conley?

Deep breath. It is year 1 against a coach that has been at the same school for 11 years. Let’s see how it goes from here.

Reactions: Mayoman and BPGhost
JB choked again when the pressure was on.

How did he choke? Be specific. Take the emotion out.

Have they fumbled much all year outside the Pitt game?
Were they unprepared?
Were the players always out of position or did UK players make plays that day?

This narrative that winning 10 games is a bust is ridiculous. I understand the emotion of losing to UK. But winning 10 games in your 1st year with all the new pieces is impressive.

Impossible to predict what Satterfield would have done this year at Louisville. I liked Satterfield as well but I wouldn’t even begin to make the argument he would have won 10 games. You are assuming a lot. Owens and Moore don’t flip. He kills it in the portal. Clarkson wasn’t ready so we are winning 10 games with Brock or Conley?

Deep breath. It is year 1 against a coach that has been at the same school for 11 years. Let’s see how it goes from here.
We can agree here. CJB had a good game plan.

Sunbelt Scotty would not have won 10 games, Brian Brown is a terrible DC and SS is exposed in Cinci.

We would not have all of the talent CJB brought here out of the portal either, Sunbelt Scotty MIGHT have us in the twinkie bowl, but definitely not 10-2.

CJB is calling plays with a handicap.

I agree there was something off in the passing game not necessarily yesterday because of UK’s zone concept and how they execute it. The play action stuff really stop netting any big plays last half of the season.

Not sure if it was QB and WR or scheme or combination of all three. Have to get more speed at WR and need influx of TE’s

everyone said we needed a new coach, that they hated satts. well satts, before being let go, had the best incoming recruiting class we've ever had. and our recruiting class was lower ranked than satts would have been. additionally, last year, satts' team beat more top 25 teams than any other team in the country except one, UGA, the national champion. this year we only beat ND at home. we beat no one else ranked. barely beat anyone with a winning record. lost to KY again when heavily favored. everyone said brohm is our savior but the reality is he failed vs a hapless Pitt team and failed again against UK and we had several one score games where we could have easily been 7-5. thankfully we were not but it's that close.

we changed coaches from a winning coach to the exact same coach with the exact same wins, just people like JB's attitude better but the results are no better. that's my point, we fired a guy who was winning just because we didn't like his interview style, now we got a coach with a better interview style but the results are exactly the same. with satts we've would have also been 10-2 and lost to uk. so we paid more to get the same results. that's my point, everyone wanted satts gone and we replaced him with the same results. so what did JB accomplish this year that satt's team wouldn't have?

like i said before the game, this season is a bust if we lost to UK. we did and that feeling of failure will remain with us for another 12 months until we play them again, who the fu%k cares about a bowl win if we lost to UK, do you? if you do that's said. bowl games are artifical where many times the best palyers don't even suit up. uk is real, and JB choked again when the pressure was on.

honestly, that's jb's downfall, he cannot handle the pressure of being good, he's used to be at at school with no tradition and that any wins are good wins. here we expect a lot more than they did at WKU or purdue. to me this season was a failure as we didn't beat the one team that we needed to. people bitched that satts didn't take the rivalry seriously so they hated him becuase he lost. well jb takes it seriously and still lost. so what did we gain this year, absolutely nothing. 12 months again and having to deal with Sucky fans rubbing it in.

so again, i love CJB, but he didn't elevate us to any place that satts wouldn't have taken us. simple facts people sorry you cannot see that from being blinded by what you think CJB did this year. and not to be a downer, but FSU should beat us and if we play OSU in bowl they'll probably beat us too meaning there's a good chance we end this season on a three game losing streak. ponder that for a moment, betting odds are that we will lose our final three games. going to be a fun offseason talking about that. let's hope not but we will nto be favored against FSU and will not be favored against whatever bowl team we face.
Nominated for one of the worst posts of the year, and I quit reading waaaaay before the novel ended.

Reactions: 2330859 and BPGhost
Plummer executed well, and his ill-timed fumble was a result of a pretty savvy defensive play. Jack gave this team plenty of opportunities to prevail.
JB lit plummer up for carelessly holding the ball. It was begging to be knocked loose. I don't fault JP's play at all for losing the game but that kind of negligence is inexcusable for a guy with his experience. It gave UK an easy score.

everyone said we needed a new coach, that they hated satts. well satts, before being let go, had the best incoming recruiting class we've ever had. and our recruiting class was lower ranked than satts would have been. additionally, last year, satts' team beat more top 25 teams than any other team in the country except one, UGA, the national champion. this year we only beat ND at home. we beat no one else ranked.
You're always getting facts wrong. FACT: we beat NCState on the road and they are currently ranked.

Reactions: 2330859 and Mayoman
I agree I can’t blame Plummer for this loss I have to look at a really bad game for the defense. We need to do fundamental tackling drills, trying to hit someone hard enough to knock them down didn’t work. Try hitting them hard and wrapping them up.

Reactions: Mayoman

Balderdash and rubbish. Step away from the ledge and put the......down man.

Reactions: 2330859

Not sure where to start given that there a so many factual errors and bad takes listed.
Balderdash and rubbish. Step away from the ledge and put the......down man.
“Balderdash and rubbish”? Maybe #0 was right about Card fans being “snobbish”. 😂

Reactions: Mayoman
I may be mistaken, but in addition to ND, I believe Duke, Miami and NCST have each been ranked in the top 25 at one time or another this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT