ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS KENTUCKY GAME THREAD

Sloppy, sloppy football. inexcusable TD on a kickoff, fumbles, poor pass coverage making an average qb look good

Looking at the stats we outgained them in about every category. So I’ll agree with you the two turnovers were key. The one by Jordon was on a good drive we were putting together. It really hurt
Plunker and Bell cost us this game.

Let me preface by saying I don't know what got everything started at 1030 this morning on the field,but these skirmishes are not working out too well for the Cards. I hate giving a visiting team any more ammo than they already have-walk away. Maybe,just maybe it works out better if you don't take the bait.

Someone asked before the Miami game which would fans prefer? A win over UK or wins over Miami and FSU?

Some fans are content and others are pissed.

We all know this team is flawed and were fortunate on a win or two. We bring out UK'S best and we're going to have to take the win instead of trying to hold onto it against them.

When Brohm gets a high level QB that will happen.

Defense played well enough for the win. This is 100% on Plunker and Bell.
Worst take yet. The defense was garbage. Whomever the idiot coach is on special teams needs his head examined for kicking to the one guy that can turn the game around. Never should of kicked it to him. Zero reason to take that chance.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Worst take yet. The defense was garbage. Whomever the idiot coach is on special teams needs his head examined for kicking to the one guy that can turn the game around. Never should of kicked it to him. Zero reason to take that chance.
We didn't after that. We kicked it out of the end zone to show it could be done. It was like the strategy was UK not to fair catch it.

For me the biggest mistake was the defense not being ready for the adjustment UK made in the 2nd half. By the time we did, UK had the momentum.

But ultimately it was the two fumbles, especially Jordan's as we were poised to take a two score lead.

21 points on turnovers for the game. Defense did their job, Plunker and Bell cost us this game. Offense sucked hind tit.

Reactions: Deeva
The turnovers cost them but the defense had every opportunity to turn them away they didn’t. Louisville scores to tie it with 2 minutes left UK scores and we still have close to a minute to score ourselves.

Come guys the defense was garbage in the 2nd half.

Reactions: vivid_red
The turnovers cost them but the defense had every opportunity to turn them away they didn’t. Louisville scores to tie it with 2 minutes left UK scores and we still have close to a minute to score ourselves.

Come guys the defense was garbage in the 2nd half.
The offense kept putting them in shit situations. This is 100% on Plunker.

21 points on turnovers for the game. Defense did their job, Plunker and Bell cost us this game. Offense sucked hind tit.
What a terrible take. Special teams gives up a TD on o kickoff (inexcusable) and the offense answers with a TD. Defense didn’t get a meaningful stop in the second half -zero pressure on the QB and no sustained wall against the run.

What a terrible take. Special teams gives up a TD on o kickoff (inexcusable) and the offense answers with a TD. Defense didn’t get a meaningful stop in the second half -zero pressure on the QB and no sustained wall against the run.
14 points off turnovers in the 4th quarter eos.

I Tip my hat to the Cats. They made the plays when they were needed. They earned the W and Cards earned the L as a team, that is the reality of the situation. So no sour grapes from me.

Game was very exciting and entertaining. This is what Howard wanted when he fought to get the Rivalry going in the Nineties...to elevate FB in the state of Kentucky. This game will be discussed and rehashed for years in Brohm Year 1.

I think Howard was looking down today pipe in mouth with a big smile and mumbling words no one can understand knowing he did this for all of us.

In the grand scheme of life this game this year really does not matter except for bragging rights.

Rivalry games produce surprises...it is a 60 minute game and Weaver, Davis and Brown were the difference this year. Get them next year.

Go Cards beat the Noles and still be Champs.

14 points off turnovers in the 4th quarter eos.
Could the defense have not given up points? Not as if they gave up FGs - they gave up TDS. No turnover on the TD they scored (in two plays) after UofL answered the kick return for the TD.

Any way you slice it -we win as a team and lose as a team. Pointing fingers is for scrubs.

Second half had a little bit of everything,most of it not good for us.
What really bothered me as much as anything was guys not tackling,no gang pursuit of the ball. A first this year I think.

Reactions: vivid_red
Could the defense have not given up points? Not as if they gave up FGs - they gave up TDS. No turnover on the TD they scored (in two plays) after UofL answered the kick return for the TD.

Any way you slice it -we win as a team and lose as a team. Pointing fingers is for scrubs.
Plunker is a scrub.

I definitely think It has changed a lot and give him a couple of years and look out. They are still ahead of us on the depth chart we’ll catchup maybe next year talent wise. Brohm did a great job piecing together a team that could compete at a high level this year.

I'm a fan, I can point my finger as much as I want, scrub.

Fair point but Plummer wasn’t the problem. Obviously the fumble was his mistake. UK isn’t going to allow teams to throw it over their heads. They sit in their zone. They make you drive it down the field hoping to force field goals or turnovers. Louisville pushed UK around on offense. They scored 31 points. He really did a good job.

The defense on the other hand has been exposed. The last three games they have started giving up big plays in bunches. Tackling, poor gap discipline, and coverage mistakes have been a problem. With that said they are facing teams with personnel that can take advantage of those mistakes. Leary was nearly perfect in his reads and throws. The throw to Davis and the one that led to their final TD were perfect.

Winning 10 games is really an accomplishment. It is a very thin line between winning and losing.

Just hurts. Finally woke up from my nap after the game. A lot of drinking and despair.

Something changed when they returned that kick. something tightened up today when they gained momentum. I believed they were a team we had to bury early. They did have a lot of talent and you saw it today. They just had one of their better games. They didn’t play great but played to win.

Kentucky fans overrated Stoops and their program and we underrate their program. That’s why this stings. The talking point we had was that Brohm alone was going to be the difference. That their program was a fraud and a house of cards. That this year Brohm would take them to the shed and we’d go back to how it was during Bobby 1.0 and Charlie 2011-2013. We always said their streaks weren’t real and we’d be the master again.

Today was supposed to be the first win in taking back the rivalry and never losing again. Instead Stoops won. They didn’t fall apart and Brohm just being here didn’t give us an edge. We can’t blame Satt or Kragthorpe. Kentucky isn’t a national title contender, but they are a good team and Stoops will always have a talented group.

It kills me because I think we all wanted this to just be a blip streak in the rivalry and it would be ours again and we’d take over. But after 6 out of 7, they own us at this moment. We will beat them again. Brohm is great. But it hurts today. But we have a game next week. We have big bowl game next month. The sun will come out tomorrow.

Plummer executed well, and his ill-timed fumble was a result of a pretty savvy defensive play. Jack gave this team plenty of opportunities to prevail. As bad as Jordan’s ill-timed fumble hurt our chances to win, that too was not as damaging as Brown’s kickoff return for a TD.

Any reasonable observer would recognize that giving up 38 points did not occur on the just the two fumbles that admittedly led to 14 of those points. The one failed 4th down running play was as damaging as any of our offensive series.

The one blown coverage that allowed Cummings‘ 55 yard reception along with the KO Return broke our momentum and a chance to e tend the 10 point lead.

So sad that some will focus on one negative play, and allow that to over-shadow an entire individual’s performance. As Mayoman correctly stated; UK made the plays that resulted in their win, and trying to assign responsibility on one UL player is totally misdirected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT