ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS GTECH GAME THREAD

What did I just say about GT and good fortune? It's unreal. Has Louisville had any of these massive fortunate plays and whistles in this game?

Giving GT that timeout and then the safety. We could be so lucky.

I disagree with the play though. Brohm I have to say has not been the brilliant offensive play caller so far. At the one inch line, Shough should have QB sneaked, get a yard or two.

Reactions: glassmanJ
As bad as their kicker is he will go for it on 4th and long. He wanted to see what our formation was to set up his offense

Great stop our ball the defense has really stepped on these last few drives. Brohm calling the timeout was really crucial.

We are having a lot of injuries with Notre Dame coming up I hope our depth is good or all these injuries are minor.

Looks like Thompson is done. That looks like a serious knee injury. It has always amazed me this kind of thing doesn't happen so much more in football. Hope I'm wrong.

When I played football a long time ago we had knee pads but now they wear short pants not covering the knees.

I agree they run into the kicker and it was just acting. Earlier in the game we run into the kicker and it was a penalty and a good call.

Won, covered. Big plays from the defense, special teams, and offense. That’s the good news. Too many costly penalties, some mistakes, and the defense had some issues. They also delivered when it mattered the most.

Ga Tech ain’t the usual Ga Tech. That’s a good football team. Nice win, very nice.

I agree they run into the kicker and it was just acting. Earlier in the game we run into the kicker and it was a penalty and a good call.
They were both good calls. There was definitely contact. Those are very avoidable calls with the proper technique.

Does anyone know what the official attendance was today. It looked good and the fans were loud and since it was a close game no one left early.

espn is populated with ignorant dumbasses with an agenda. The age of unbiased announcers is long dead
Yeah, it was strange how they constantly highlighted the GT coach. Maybe that was just the way the camera was pointed, but they showed and talked about the guy incessantly. I half expected them to go into break with “this is the Yellowjacket football network”.

The attendance at the game today was 50,727 good crowd they were very lively.
they really need to eliminate about 5000 or so seats and make the remaining ones wider because on tv it looks like no one is there, the entire uppers look empty and looks horrible on tv. our stadium at most should hold 55,000 and should be about 52000 so a game like yesterday should have been considered a sellout and there should be demand for tickets. but on tv, always looks like no one is there. lower bowl filled but upper barren and looks bad, imho. take out seats and widen the ones left.

GT pretty much dominated all the stats except for the scoreboard. beat us in running yards, passing yards, first downs and time of possession. lucky to be 3-0

GT pretty much dominated all the stats except for the scoreboard. beat us in running yards, passing yards, first downs and time of possession. lucky to be 3-0
That will happen when there's a hundred yards and several first downs negated on iffy penalties. There was at least four huge gains that were called back.

I will give GT this. Their play calling was far more creative than Louisville. I don't know what happened to Brohm, the play caller, but the Cards offense was pretty pedestrian. The only trick play was flagged.

That will happen when there's a hundred yards and several first downs negated on iffy penalties. There was at least four huge gains that were called back.

I will give GT this. Their play calling was far more creative than Louisville. I don't know what happened to Brohm, the play caller, but the Cards offense was pretty pedestrian. The only trick play was flagged.
Alright, so I agree with some of this. The trick play called back on a very questionable below-the-waist block that looked like it was right at the waist and hardly intentionally directed at dude's knees. Put that one in the iffy category.
I think the offense is still a work in progress, as the Cards progress into the meat of the schedule. I don't think JB is quite ready to show his whole hand...yet.

Observations from the game.

1st not having Turner definitely affected our ability to run and why we ran more inside the tackles with Chaney. He's a bigger back but not as quick or explosive. I think at one point our biggest run was for 8 yards.

I don't usually complain about the penalties or lack thereof but there seemed to be a large disparity in the amount of calls against us. If the calls were legitimate, Brohm has to clean that up. Seemed like we had more than double our 1st 2 games. I don't really believe in an ACC conspiracy against us but it sure seemed like the officials didn't want us to win.

Defense seemed like we were playing the bend don't break philosophy we used to have under Petrino or maybe it was under Charlie. It seemed that GT managed only a couple of big plays (one right before the half) that almost cost us the game. We did have some big stops though when we needed it. I mentioned this before in our earlier games, our defense is not getting to the opposing QB often enough. I couldn't tell if we ran many blitzes, but their QB made some big runs. Don't we have a spy on the QB? I also wonder about the lack of interceptions so far. I know Riley was hurt on a few plays and Aaron Williams was out with injury.

On the play we gave up a safety, great goal line stance by the defense. I know that Slough got tripped up by Chaney so I don't know if the play was going to work but I think in retrospect, if Slough is afraid to run, bring in Clarkson and run a QB sneak or something to give you a few yards. We were lucky Slough's pass wasn't pick off for a TD.

In moving forward, I think Turner is out 3-4 weeks, so we need to get the Browns some more touches. Defense needs to find ways to get more pressure on the QB without giving up big plays up the middle or behind the safeties.

Tidbits - Love the accuracy that Slough has. Makes it so much more important that we are able to provide him with enough time. We don't want him scrambling if we can help it. Clean up the penalties! Sorry if this sounds so negative, definitely glad to get out of there with a W. GT has a good football team.

Reactions: earsky
Defense needs to find ways to get more pressure on the QB without giving up big plays up the middle or behind the safeties.
That offense with Kings ability to run the ball I think kept everyone a bit on their heels. We're not done seeing running qbs I'm sure-the answer? Idk,we couldn't get to him with 4 rushing and it's a bit of a catch 22. Maybe just bring the blitz packages up the gut where he likes to run it. D line did much better staying in those lanes in the 2nd half and slowing down the run. That was some goal line stand, huh? Turning point.
And yeah, GTech has a pretty good football team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT