ADVERTISEMENT

**Louisville football news and notes (11/26)**

Chris Person

Oct 3, 2016
Good Monday morning everyone. I had some items of note to go over as we start this presumably very busy week and get you up to speed on what is happening in the Louisville football program so let's begin.

- I have noticed reports of names being put out there as legitimate options in the Louisville head coaching search so I wanted to set the record straight. Jeff Brohm is Louisville's #1 target and at this point talking about other names is just a lot of, in Charlie Strong's term, fake juice. I'm not saying Brohm couldn't turn the job down and one of those names become a legitimate option, but at this point, Brohm is the focus. Basically every name being thrown around as having mutual interest should just have an asterisk stating if Brohm remains at Purdue.

- Now that we have cleared that up let me just state a reminder that if/when you hear something a little concerning about the negotiations with Brohm, just keep in mind the negotiation process doesn't involve one offer and and an immediate acceptance. There WILL be ups and downs in any negotiation process so don't get discouraged if we hear rumblings of the two sides not being on the same page etc.

- I wanted to post this here for those that may have missed it on Saturday. I know most people didn't really want to read/hear/see anything more on the Louisville/Kentucky game but I did a post game article 100% focused on some areas Louisville needs to improve going forward. You can check that out here: https://louisville.rivals.com/news/louisville-vs-kentucky-quick-postgame-thoughts-1.

- An important Louisville recruit has been on campus this weekend in 4-star offensive tackle Marcus Dumervil. On Saturday I saw Pete Nochta being Dumervil's personal chauffeur before the Governor's Cup game. For those who may not be aware, Marcus Dumervil is the cousin of Dejmi Dumervil-Jean and the nephew of Elvis Dumervil. I spoke with a source close to Marcus' recruitment who stated that the Dumervil family still considers Louisville home despite Bobby Petrino not being here. The source went on to say that while they didn't really know a timeline on the matter, they felt certain that Marcus Dumervil will end up at Louisville before it's all said and done.

- At one point Louisville had 3 tight ends committed in the class of 2019 in Sam Snyder, Austin Griffin, and Jeremiah Pruitte. Now, Louisville only has one in Sam Snyder, and that commitment is on shaky ground with Missouri looking to get involved in his recruitment. This is a position of desperate need for when Louisville's next coach is officially announced as Jordan Davis is the only returning scholarship tight end for 2019. Priority #1 of the new coaching staff will be working to hold on to Sam Snyder but they will also have to go out and find a couple more prospects who will need to be able to play immediately.

- As soon as news breaks of Louisville's new coach @Dave Lackford and I will be keeping you all up to date on all the recruiting news and information you could ask for so make sure to stay tuned in for that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News