ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Can't Sustain Success

Whomever said that we shouldn't get our panties in a wad was absolutely correct. Opinions are just like noses, we all have one and Finebaum is an idiot. A know nothing idiot. No I don't think we'll see another Lamar Jackson, but we will see other great quarterbacks like Pass for example. Plus the ACC is light years ahead of the SEC with our quarterback play. The SEC doesn't really have any great qbs this year and is simply resting their laurels on Alabama being really good. The Tide is the only SEC team that should even be in the conversation for a playoff spot.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Get used to it Louisville fans. The more success you have, the more hate and jealously that will come your way. The fact that they believe Louisville is just Lamar Jackson proves they have no idea what they are talking about. I remember great Louisville teams led by Teddy Bridgewater, Brian Brohm, Stephan LeFors, ect ect ect.

After FSU had been down during the end of the Bobby Bowden era and entering the Jimbo era, ESPN released an article after we won the Orange Bowl in 2012 and went 12-2 saying that FSU had reached its ceiling and that we should just enjoy it because we would never see the success as we did in the 90's and were a has been program....

The very next year we go 14-0 and win the National Championship o_O

I'll be rooting for y'all Saturday. If you have the luxury of attending the game, Clemson is a great town and football atmosphere. Enjoy it!

The one thing that unites the ACC is the distain we have for the love fest from the media towards the SEC...Bama is great...the rest of that league not so much in 2016

And, in addition, the $ec, other than Alabama, has been sinking for the past few years. The ACC's success in recruting the south is the major contributing factor in this success. Plus the ACC has some outstanding coaches like, Fisher, Richt, Sweeney and Petrino just to name a few. I believe the day of $ec dominance is pretty much over as their fans have run off good coaches like Richt and now Miles.

And, in addition, the $ec, other than Alabama, has been sinking for the past few years. The ACC's success in recruting the south is the major contributing factor in this success. Plus the ACC has some outstanding coaches like, Fisher, Richt, Sweeney and Petrino just to name a few. I believe the day of $ec dominance is pretty much over as their fans have run off good coaches like Richt and now Miles.

This is along the lines of what I was saying as well, but CardLaw bit my head off. Glad most people can see the points we are posting. The $EC was brought up because E$PN shoves it down our throats...they don't have to mention it by name to see what they are doing.

ESPN always has their favorites that they push. In hoops it's the ACC. Even back during the days when the old BE with UofL was CLEARLY the toughest conference top to bottom in college basketball, they always pushed the ACC.

Doesn't matter. Show it on the field. At the end of the day they have their opinions, but their opinions or biases do not trump results on the field.

I agree that we won't see another QB like Jackson any time soon, and that FSU and Clemson have huge recruiting advantages. But I don't think they are giving Petrino our the Louisville program enough credit.

I doubt college football in general we see another season like Lamar has started off this season. Even next year I doubt Jackson will have a start to the season likes he's had this year. Pass will be a RS Freshman next season, and he was rated high than Jackson. I'm confident that Petrino will get the most out of him like he's done most of the players he's coached. We will need to start bringing in top 15-20 classes on a yearly basis to compete with Clemson and FSU.

Reactions: American Male
This is along the lines of what I was saying as well, but CardLaw bit my head off. Glad most people can see the points we are posting. The $EC was brought up because E$PN shoves it down our throats...they don't have to mention it by name to see what they are doing.

Well I sure wouldn't let CardLaw bother me if I were you. He is nothing more than a know nothing blowhard that makes unsuccessful attempts trying to prove how much he knows. Yes, his favorite team, Alabama is very good and ranked number one but they have some pretty tough games coming up down the road. If we are successful this coming Saturday and they stumble down the road we'll be in a position to be number one for the first tune ever. Actually I like Clemson more than I do Alabama just because of outstanding quarterback play. Plus that goes for UofL also. Of course, there's Ohio State too.

Well I sure wouldn't let CardLaw bother me if I were you. He is nothing more than a know nothing blowhard that makes unsuccessful attempts trying to prove how much he knows. Yes, his favorite team, Alabama is very good and ranked number one but they have some pretty tough games coming up down the road. If we are successful this coming Saturday and they stumble down the road we'll be in a position to be number one for the first tune ever. Actually I like Clemson more than I do Alabama just because of outstanding quarterback play. Plus that goes for UofL also. Of course, there's Ohio State too.

Meh, far from bothering me. Alabama as a favorite team... how convenient, that's like saying my favorite horse is American Pharaoh o_O. Everyone loves a winner.

ESPN/SEC aside, I am pumped for this weekend. Win or lose, this has been a fun week around UofL football.

I'm saying that he's honest in freely admitting that he's an SEC and Bama homer. He freely admits that. After UofL beat FSU he was asked about how he was going to vote UofL. I'm paraphrasing, but he basically said "UofL is more impressive than anyone right now. They beat FSU badly, and Bama had to come back on a team (ole Miss) that FSU had already beaten. But I am who I am and I'm voting Bama #1 until someone beats them."

Being Honest doesn't mean you're right. Finebaum is honest though. He doesn't hide his allegiance and try to act neutral.
He also said if we beat Clemson he would have to make us number 1. What does that not wit really no about our program.....absolutely nothing.

The one thing that unites the ACC is the distain we have for the love fest from the media towards the SEC...Bama is great...the rest of that league not so much in 2016

True, though I am starting to become a believer in this year's Texas A&M team. They were very good against us in the Music City Bowl last year despite having to start a new QB. They nearly came back in the fourth quarter and beat us.

The only post of yours I can find that I responded to was your post suggesting that somehow there is a panic that the SEC East is suddenly down. What I said, and what gocds said, is that the decline has been evident for years. The East has been bad since 2008. Kind of funny to see you agreeing with a post that says what I said in "biting" you head off.

Nevertheless, I go back to my original point - I think you guys just want to be insulted. All that was said in the video is that UL's current success - vis a vis FSU and Clemson - is not something that is going to continue in perpetuity. And they are right - just like FSU's dominance over UL did not continue in perpetuity.

The only post of yours I can find that I responded to was your post suggesting that somehow there is a panic that the SEC East is suddenly down. What I said, and what gocds said, is that the decline has been evident for years. The East has been bad since 2008. Kind of funny to see you agreeing with a post that says what I said in "biting" you head off.

Nevertheless, I go back to my original point - I think you guys just want to be insulted. All that was said in the video is that UL's current success - vis a vis FSU and Clemson - is not something that is going to continue in perpetuity. And they are right - just like FSU's dominance over UL did not continue in perpetuity.

There is a mild panic at the SEC/ESPN. The SEC East is down, and has been going down and this year is absolutely abysmal. How can they spoon feed us the usual "SEC is Best" when their product is obviously defective...but they do it anyway....hence the jumping all over Tennessee's bandwagon. They don't have to mention the SEC by name to see and hear what they are talking about. That was my whole point. You obviously didn't see it or comprehend it when you read it.

I "liked' your post because it made me chuckle. You seem to like to attack folks around here and now I guess my turn is here. That's cool. I don't know how big of UofL fan you really are but your shtick is cute. If you really need a hug, I'm here for ya big fella. ;-)

Go Cards! Roll Tide??

There is a mild panic at the SEC/ESPN. The SEC East is down, and has been going down and this year is absolutely abysmal. How can they spoon feed us the usual "SEC is Best" when their product is obviously defective...but they do it anyway....hence the jumping all over Tennessee's bandwagon. They don't have to mention the SEC by name to see and hear what they are talking about. That was my whole point. You obviously didn't see it or comprehend it when you read it.

I "liked' your post because it made me chuckle. You seem to like to attack folks around here and now I guess my turn is here. That's cool. I don't know how big of UofL fan you really are but your shtick is cute. If you really need a hug, I'm here for ya big fella. ;-)

Go Cards! Roll Tide??

I saw your point, I comprehended it, and I thought it foolish. No one is in panic mode because no one thinks Florida, Georgia or Tennessee are on their football death beds. They have been down for a few years; they'll be back. It is no different from Alabama being down for a few years or, for that matter, Michigan or USC or FSU. It is not a big deal. It doesn't diminish the fact that the SEC has won something like 8 of the last 10 championships (or something like that) and most years wins about 7 or 8 bowl games. If you want to have the respect the media heaps on the SEC, win like the SEC. As much as you guys hate seeing the "praise" given to the SEC (which this particular video did not do), it gets older for the rest of us listening to the losers whining that the winner is getting too much credit.

I saw your point, I comprehended it, and I thought it foolish. No one is in panic mode because no one thinks Florida, Georgia or Tennessee are on their football death beds. They have been down for a few years; they'll be back. It is no different from Alabama being down for a few years or, for that matter, Michigan or USC or FSU. It is not a big deal. It doesn't diminish the fact that the SEC has won something like 8 of the last 10 championships (or something like that) and most years wins about 7 or 8 bowl games. If you want to have the respect the media heaps on the SEC, win like the SEC. As much as you guys hate seeing the "praise" given to the SEC (which this particular video did not do), it gets older for the rest of us listening to the losers whining that the winner is getting too much credit.

You still grumpy? That hug is still here Sunshine. Anytime. Roll Cards!

You still grumpy? That hug is still here Sunshine. Anytime. Roll Cards!

What is this fixation you have over "grumpy"? It's weird. Kinda creepy, really. I have this sort of "Aqualung" image of you.

Why don't you just go ahead a pull for your team and think it is the greatest team ever in college football with a deep rich history. Your coach, who will be here forever, is the finest gentleman of all time who never ever considered or did anything even remotely questionable. And, if it helps, the SEC could not compete against Kentucky high school football. Go ahead. All yours.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
What is this fixation you have over "grumpy"? It's weird. Kinda creepy, really. I have this sort of "Aqualung" image of you.

Why don't you just go ahead a pull for your team and think it is the greatest team ever in college football with a deep rich history. Your coach, who will be here forever, is the finest gentleman of all time who never ever considered or did anything even remotely questionable. And, if it helps, the SEC could not compete against Kentucky high school football. Go ahead. All yours.

Awww, Sunshine. Thanks, you made my night. I have this sort of "Endora" image of you. ;-)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT