ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Can't Sustain Success

Let them say what they will. It's in Petrinos hands to prove them right or prove them wrong. They have no influence over what happens. Just paid to give an opinion.

And in Finebaums defense, he's honest. He's an SEC and a Bama homer and has no problem admitting that. I've got no problem with an honest man stating his admittedly biased opinion.

Let them say what they will. It's in Petrinos hands to prove them right or prove them wrong. They have no influence over what happens. Just paid to give an opinion.

And in Finebaums defense, he's honest. He's an SEC and a Bama homer and has no problem admitting that. I've got no problem with an honest man stating his admittedly biased opinion.
I don't buy that his opinion is honest. He knows nothing outside the sec.

I don't buy that his opinion is honest. He knows nothing outside the sec.

I'm saying that he's honest in freely admitting that he's an SEC and Bama homer. He freely admits that. After UofL beat FSU he was asked about how he was going to vote UofL. I'm paraphrasing, but he basically said "UofL is more impressive than anyone right now. They beat FSU badly, and Bama had to come back on a team (ole Miss) that FSU had already beaten. But I am who I am and I'm voting Bama #1 until someone beats them."

Being Honest doesn't mean you're right. Finebaum is honest though. He doesn't hide his allegiance and try to act neutral.

Reactions: Mayoman
I'm saying that he's honest in freely admitting that he's an SEC and Bama homer. He freely admits that. After UofL beat FSU he was asked about how he was going to vote UofL. I'm paraphrasing, but he basically said "UofL is more impressive than anyone right now. They beat FSU badly, and Bama had to come back on a team (ole Miss) that FSU had already beaten. But I am who I am and I'm voting Bama #1 until someone beats them."

Being Honest doesn't mean you're right. Finebaum is honest though. He doesn't hide his allegiance and try to act neutral.
Were you in the trailer or driving the truck?

Were you in the trailer or driving the truck?

?? I was watching ESPN and he said it on a panel.

Why do all of you get so pissy over someones opinion? It's just an opinion. They have no influence over anything Petrino or UofL does. I don't care what Finebaum says, but have no problem in admitting that they guy is honest in that he admits he's a homer.

?? I was watching ESPN and he said it on a panel.

Why do all of you get so pissy over someones opinion? It's just an opinion. They have no influence over anything Petrino or UofL does. I don't care what Finebaum says, but have no problem in admitting that they guy is honest in that he admits he's a homer.
Not pissy. That ball was teed up and I had to hit it.

Not pissy. That ball was teed up and I had to hit it.

The biggest joke of them all was Mike Mayock a couple of years ago when he said Bridgewater would be no better than a 3rd round pick in any other draft and Manziel was the real deal. How'd that one turn out for him? LOL.

It's just opinions. These guys get paid to say what they think. Doesn't matter if they're right or wrong (Mayock), none of it is in their control.

I personally believe that as long as Petrino stays and stays out of trouble that we can sustain. However, that's just my opinion as well. None of it is in mine or your control either.

It's the greatest time in our lifetimes to be a UofL football fan. We're on the cusp of everything that we've dreamed of since Howard was hired. Don't let a couple of talking heads take that away from you. Enjoy it while we have it.

Whether you like what they say or not, just keep in mind that UofL is THE MOST talked about team in all of college football right now, and for all the right reasons. I'm just basking in that.

Reactions: American Male
The question is sustain what? If he means we cannot sustain being a Top 5 team every year I am not so sure he isn't correct. We have only reached #3 twice in history, but we have never been in the ACC before. CBP is still playing with many of Charlie's players and a few big time transfers who are among the best players on our team. CBP is going to have to up the ante big time on recruiting to sustain this type of success.

The question is sustain what? If he means we cannot sustain being a Top 5 team every year I am not so sure he isn't correct. We have only reached #3 twice in history, but we have never been in the ACC before. CBP is still playing with many of Charlie's players and a few big time transfers who are among the best players on our team. CBP is going to have to up the ante big time on recruiting to sustain this type of success.

Very true. Like I said, it doesn't matter what these pundits say. It's all in Petrinos hands.

As crazy as it sounds, if we win at Clemson on Saturday, we will be the number one team in the country, with the number one Heisman candidate. Alabama gains nothing by playing Kentucky. Petrino has to be able to leverage that ranking into a recruiting upgrade for us to sustain a top ten level over time. Go Cards!

Those guys can think and say whatever they want.....does not make them right.

Especially since Louisville has a solid history of proving themselves in whatever conference, whatever big game, whatever whatever; for the past 20-30 years in CFB.....climbing up the ladder that the old school snobs throw at UofL.....does not matter, Cards keep finding a way to make their way along the road to greatness. All that just makes the wins all the sweeter when it happens. Enjoy it while it is taking place.

And as CHS was known to say....."the only variable is time". He knew it then, and the Cards are showing the nation now. Only a matter of time. Next up, Clem son., to go down as another notch on that belt. So it is written, so it will be.

Finebaum seems to have the physical stature to have once been a hellacious collegiate football player. :rolleyes: Who are we to question such a bastion of sec dominance? Geez, puke!!

Ali would simply get in the ring and beat his opponent. The distractions ment nothing to him, he just whipped them and then said say my name.

Louisville needs to absorb the Archie Bunker comments from $EC country and just line up and whip whoever they play. It is that simple.

We have a target on our backs because we are not a media darling and we have to fight for everything we get. We will continue to get bad calls against us and be subject to late hits and poor commentary.

Can we absorb the bs and keep moving forward?
we get our first answer saturday.

Go Cards............ make the college football world say our name after we whip their ..........

Nor do I think we see another one like Jackson,but Petrino's shown us all he's willing and ready to mold around the qb.His system will allow a great passing qb to excel as well.Did anybody see this read option becoming Petrino's new offensive philosophy?

That could certainly change in 2 seasons.

I think you guys are wanting to be offended. No one in the clip even mentioned the SEC. Moreover, it is a stupid question. No level of success can be sustained. Never has been, never will. All programs and coaches have slumps. It is inevitable.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Maybe we can read between the lines.Or,maybe we prefer the no respect,chip-on-the-shoulder approach going forward.;)

LOL. Could be. My advice is to just enjoy the ride. It won't last forever and the next one is always further away than you think - no matter who you root for. College football is all about feasts, and famines. If you cannot enjoys the feast, what is the point?

I disagree by the comments that we will never see a quarterback like LJ again because once Lamar leaves his replacement is Jawhon Pass. Everybody including Alabama tried really hard to get him, he has been compared to Cam Newton.

I disagree by the comments that we will never see a quarterback like LJ again because once Lamar leaves his replacement is Jawhon Pass. Everybody including Alabama tried really hard to get him, he has been compared to Cam Newton.

No. The kid may be good. He may be great. Forget whatever Jackson may do the rest of the season. I bet dollars to donuts you and I will never again see a QB responsible for 25 TD's in 4 games ever again. And if it does happen again, it will be Jackson this year against what is left of UL's schedule. By next season most DC's will figure it out. Maybe this season as we go. It is not like UL is running anything new. It is just a zone read option. But I bet you will never see it run as well again - ever. I am still not sure what sets Jackson apart. But you won't see it again. He's special. Maybe just for now. But now is pretty good.

I'm thinking that the $EC/E$PN folks are in a mild panic mode. Alabama is Alabama but they are kind of shocked at how poor the $EC East is and the failure at LSU. $EC fans need more reassuring than most fans around the country and the talking heads E$PN/$EC Network are more than obliged to hand out the back and butt pats.

They are foaming at the mouth that Tennessee and Texas A&M will be top 10 the whole year, even with lopsided losses to Alabama looming.

"Well, you know that Tennessee/Texas A&M lost to Alabama 56-0 but look at what else they did in the $EC!!" You hear it every year.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that the $EC/E$PN folks are in a mild panic mode. Alabama is Alabama but they are kind of shocked at how poor the $EC East is and the failure at LSU. $EC fans need more reassuring than most fans around the country and the talking heads E$PN/$EC Network are more than obliged to hand out the back and butt pats.

They are foaming at the mouth that Tennessee and Texas A&M will be top 10 the whole year, even with lopsided losses to Alabama looming.

"Well, you know that Tennessee/Texas A&M lost to Alabama 56-0 but look at what else they did in the $EC!!" You hear it every year.

Take it with a grain of salt.

What drug are you on? The SEC East has been down for years. No one is surprised. There hasn't been an SEC Champion from the east since 2008? You have to go back to the 1990's to find one other than Florida or Georgia. Texas A&M has never been a factor. And, again, no one in the video even mentions the SEC. So what are you even talking about?

Petrino hasn't fundamentally changed his offense. He's simply added zone-read plays and packages to his prior playbook and recruited QBs who can run those plays as well as the power-spread and other stuff he always ran.

THAT is what is different from most other offensive schemes. It's the diversity of the offense. You can't just defense the zone-read effectively to beat it. And he will mix his looks and personnel groups so that you don't really have a grasp what Petrino is running until the play is underway...

Petrino hasn't fundamentally changed his offense. He's simply added zone-read plays and packages to his prior playbook and recruited QBs who can run those plays as well as the power-spread and other stuff he always ran.

THAT is what is different from most other offensive schemes. It's the diversity of the offense. You can't just defense the zone-read effectively to beat it. And he will mix his looks and personnel groups so that you don't really have a grasp what Petrino is running until the play is underway...

Which is why I hope Clemson loads the box and blitz like their hair is on fire. We are ready for whatever they got and will burn them for it.

What drug are you on? The SEC East has been down for years. No one is surprised. There hasn't been an SEC Champion from the east since 2008? You have to go back to the 1990's to find one other than Florida or Georgia. Texas A&M has never been a factor. And, again, no one in the video even mentions the SEC. So what are you even talking about?

Oh pooh pooh...someone needs a hug. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT