ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville: 45 Samford: 3. Final Score

I certainly don't want Bolin to play over winning, but I also find it amusing how we are advocating a scrambling type QB, which makes it doubly hard for the OL to block because they don't know whether it is a run or pass play. I'm surprised we don't have more penalties with illegal lineman downfield.

There's not enough sample size on any of these guys to know what they can do.

That's part of the problem with musical chairs at the position, which I referenced from day one this year.

Petrino has been rotating for a month. As an outsider it's easy to come up with the following assessments.

Reg had first chance he failed to hustle on a play and it set him back significantly. While he may make for a fine emergency QB nearly midway through his Soph season it appears he's better suited to be on the field in other positions.

Lamar is dynamic but incredibly raw and it's pretty clear he's not far enough along to handle the type of playbook Petrino truly wants to run. He warrants at minimum a series or two, or special package plays in certain instances, but it's TBD if he should be the QB moving forward.

Kyle fits the system and has the type of confidence you want out of the position. However, he doesn't appear to have all that big of an arm and he doesn't appear to be better than average in any physical area. However, he can get a hot hand off the bench, he's proven that. But when put into the starting role, he struggled, albeit against the toughest defenses we've faced (UGA bowl/Clemson).

So to sum it up, it's hard to know what direction the team should have gone - but the direction Petrino has taken has given 1-3 results and utter uncertainty. Rather than criticize players that try when they are put in the game, my main beef is with the guy making the decisions of rotating bodies at the most important position on the field. There appears to be no final decision on the position being made, and that makes it difficult on the 3 QBs as well as the players trying to play with them. Flow, chemistry, and even a rift in the locker room can become problems.

We've got an early kick Saturday as the first true road game and having this type of situation is far from ideal. It's hard enough to beat an opponent, it's even harder when your coach can't decide on a QB and go with it.

Malnourished? Come now. Money to buy players? Public schools have to advantage of no tuition, being supported by public dollars. Numerous public schools do fine academically (a place at DuPont Manual is prized, indeed). If there are shortcomings with public schools, it is the fault of the public school commissariat, not the private schools. Trinity does well at the things they emphasize. THS basketball strikes fear in the hearts of no one.

Yeah, that post was way out there and completely unnecessary bashing of private HS. Malnourished was hilarious. Money to players..lol. Some people will say anything.

Additionally, why are people so offended by the notion that Bolin should start over Jackson? Some folks act like Jackson is all upside and that Bolin is over-the-hill. Hell, Bolin is only a sophomore and has started just 2 games.
I'm ok with whatever the coach goes with to have the best chance at winning.Tbs,I don't think Bolin got the fairest shake against Clemson.That defense(Clemson's) will prove to be one of the better units in football,I think.There were many variables at work against him in that game,but I won't get into some of the less obvious ones.

Jackson gets the nod with the win,but I doubt we've seen the last of Bolin.

Here's the real issue. Some "fans" would rather see Bolin play than the team win, despite the fact that the O-line can't protect him, yet. Some of these rants sound more like a social issue than a team issue.

"Some of these rants sound more like a social issue than a team issue"

If you would, please expand upon this comment.

Some of these opinions look like they're from people who haven't watched many college football games. To say what Lamar Jackson can do with his legs won't work against good competition is totally wrong. In fact, he has already done it against Auburn. There are many QB's that have and had the ability to run against top teams. Jackson's speed and moxie is abundantly clear so to suggest it will only be effective against FCS teams is just dumb.

And those who are blaming Petrino again just don't know what the hell they're talking about. It's so obvious what the issue is so far this season. The OL, the OL, the OL!!!!

That's why it's been hard rushing the ball and why the QB has to be mobile. Now how long it will take to get the right guys in there is the question that Petrino has to answer. Yes, we're 1-3 but look how close we are to being 4-0 with this super young team and ineffective offensive line. Just look at other big time programs that are having their own issues. Texas, Oregon, Penn State, Miami, and Auburn. Louisville is in good hands and on the cusp of being a very special team.

I agree to say a running QB will not work in college you must not watch ANY college football. Manziel, Marriota, RG3, Tebow, Vince Young were all running QB's with great success in college. even now look at the offense OSU is running with mobile QB's. I agree we are a play her or there from being 4-0 and we have an very young team. I think 2 or 3 freshman have started on the offensive line alone this year. Not to mention all the skill guys we have who are freshman

Our moral victory over Auburn is looking less and less impressive. I believe I said Auburn will end up with at least 5 losses.....and they will

CF1130 since you were "so good" at explaining how we were going to lose to NCState and making a prediction about Bonnofon not playing "another meaningful minute at qb" again. Did you watch the 4th quarter yesterday? Probably not. Go on back to the kayuts kitty board and spout your crap over there.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KerryRhodes
I didn't say he wouldn't. I said he shouldn't. Learn to read........and spell for that matter.

CF1130 you DO NOT want to play Scrabble with me, period. I may have misspelled Bonnafon but at least I wasn't spewing buffalo chips about how he shouldn't play qb any longer. He WOULD be a bette receiver but I think Coach Petrino is a far better judge of that than you.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT