ADVERTISEMENT

LoL. Saints will play two QBs at Seattle

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
Teddy and Hill.
WoW

Teddy should have left when he had the chance. Not for tanking Miami but Jacksonville.
They were other teams that also needed a number 2.

Last edited:
Hill is a dual threat QB who has played quite a bit even before Brees was injured. This is not a change to how they have been playing each of the last two seasons. It’s just that now Teddy and Hill are the QBs instead of Brees and Hill.

Last edited:
Reactions: CardX
If Teddy plays as well as we all hope/expect him to, then Hill will never see the field. If not, then that's on Teddy.
Agree. Teddy has a golden opportunity while Beees is out. He’s got all the weapons he needs to prove he is worthy of either succeeding Brees for a year or getting another fair shot to be a starter elsewhere.

He’s got his work cut out for him to be an opening day starter again but my God, think of all the stiffs and average QBs that have had that chance lately. DeShone Kizer, Blake Bortles, Josh Rosen, Andy Dalton, Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, Tyrod Taylor etc....

He looked rusty out there on Sunday. Of course, I had just watched LJ's game and Teddy is not LJ. It's not fair to compare the two at this point, especially after Teddy's injuries. I'm hopeful Teddy will get some good practice in with the first team offense this week. He's in a tough spot taking over for a legend. I'm rooting for him!

Agree with the rust. I know he prepares and was ready to play, but you can't simulate going against a starting D vs getting a few reps during the preseason.

Of course they announce this after I picked up Teddy in my fantasy league this week, lol

Of course they announce this after I picked up Teddy in my fantasy league this week, lol

It’s not a change to the way they did things when Brees was QB. They use Hill all over the place: tight end, wide receiver, tailback, and QB, often splitting Brees out as a wide receiver. They will do the same things with Teddy at QB as they did with Brees.

It’s not a change to the way they did things when Brees was QB. They use Hill all over the place: tight end, wide receiver, tailback, and QB, often splitting Brees out as a wide receiver. They will do the same things with Teddy at QB as they did with Brees.
That’s not necessarily true. What Payton said was that he wasn’t going to name a starter yet. Maybe that’s coach speak in college for “you won’t know who to prepare for to your opponent,” but in the NFL it usually means the Saints aren’t sold on Teddy to lead this team to the playoffs.

That’s not necessarily true. What Payton said was that he wasn’t going to name a starter yet. Maybe that’s coach speak in college for “you won’t know who to prepare for to your opponent,” but in the NFL it usually means the Saints aren’t sold on Teddy to lead this team to the playoffs.

Well, Teddy’s not as good as Brees was, or he would have been starting. To me that just means that Hill will be on the field more as a multipurpose back, including being lined up at the QB position. It stands to reason that Hill line up at QB more often with Teddy as the replacement for Brees than he was with Brees in the game. But make no mistake about it - Teddy will get his chance to make the case for more of him as the QB. It’s all right there for him. I’m happy that he gets a chance to do this for a championship contender rather than the Dolphins.

TB set to get on the biggest stage he's been on in a while. Wishing the best for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT