ADVERTISEMENT

LIVE DISCUSSION: NCAA Tournament - Louisville vs. Marist

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I hope we come out firing on all cylinders. This matchup bothers me because we have a history of close games with each other. The coaches know each other’s style of play. Once again this is a pairing of teams that have a history this pairing was not made because of the numbers.

Let's get an official game thread going for Jeff Walz and the Louisville women's team...

How's everyone feeling?

@Sonja

This may be one of the worst quarters played all season. Hit a couple of shots and they will loosen up.

Reactions: rh62531
The game of basketball is maddening. I don't know how head coaches do it. The Cards are so obviously more talented than Marist but it doesn't matter a bit if you miss layups and wide open 3's.

And,

What in the world has happened to Dana Evans?

Right now we look like a comedy of errors, I listened to the CJW interview and he said we had a good practice.

Saying all that and after the 1st period we are only down by 2. I don’t think we can play any worse than that so maybe that is a good sign.

Walz has benched the bigs as they can't make layups. He's going all guards. The amount of open shots the Cards are missing is unreal. I just never would have expected such a bad performance against such inferior competition with this team.

Reactions: PHCARD
Much better effort now. Keep this up and we will roll them in the second half.

Well, it doesn't look like the Cards are a serious contender to even make the final 4. The way they played down the stretch losing to FSU, struggling to beat lower level conference teams and losing twice to NC State still appears to be the case in this first round game against 15th seeded Marist.

I think we all were spoiled by that DePaul game where it looked like we had shooters everywhere. Now even our national player of the year candidate cannot hit the broadside of the barn.

Something went wrong during the season with so many players wanting playing time that Walz drew names out of a hat. One of the disadvantages of having a deep team is resentment of not playing enough.

I may be wrong but this team has not looked confident in over a month.

Reactions: CardsFirst
They need to wake up. I think the break was to long.. They did improve in the second half of the 2Q. D looked much better. Now if they can get some balls to drop. Go Cards!

Earlier I was rooting for Belmont against Gonzaga but the refs were so bad against Gonzaga I started rooting for the Zags.

I will be there tomorrow I don’t know what time because I have to WORK but I will text you when I am on my way.

Now we are playing like a number 2 seed let’s hope we keep it up. I said earlier I didn’t like this matchup because of the history between the 2 teams.

You told her what you wanted her to believe but I can guarantee you she already knows the truth. You have taken down this road too many times, poor Mom.

Overrated. Ok. Lack of knowledge about this team - period. CJW put his bigs on the bench to counter Marist’s motion offense. And, it worked. The all guard lineup quicker and he was then able to press. Some of the best in-game adjustment ls >> our coach. The only reason we are not up 30 is due to poor shooting.

I am so sorry people, I was trying to have a conversation by text, watch the game and post on this thread all at the same time. I am now focused on the game and posting on here only.

I like what I am seeing now subs coming in giving a breather and really excelling. I really like Kono I feel good when she had the ball. A. Smith looks good also and we always look better when we pass the ball around.

I like what I am seeing from A. Smith she is playing good offense and she is challenging their shots on defense.

Dana needs to get her mojo back. If she does, they can make a run. Her shot looks different. She's putting more arch on it.

Don't know much about Northwestern but I'm sure they're much better than Marist. The Cards can't start the game missing layups and open 3's against the Wildcats.

I really think the early struggle in this game was good for us. I am glad we didn’t have the same kind of scare Texas A&M had only beating Troy State by 4. It showed us you have to play hard to win in a tournament like this. These teams with these early blowouts could be fools gold for them.

Oh...Troy got jobbed too. There was a Terrible charge call against Troy late and that allowed TAM to get a foothold on the lead. Then, there apparently was another very questionable call late (did not see that one as I was watching our game).

Reactions: fredburgcard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT