ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Like Sanders through the hourglass

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014

I'm sure everyone saw Sanders tweet an hourglass. If you didn't, Sanders tweeted an hourglass. These are the days of our lives. The Sanders soap opera has gotten real quiet over the past week or so. Everyone around Louisville is being really tight-lipped about both Sanders and Justin Lamson. I spoke to Lamson on Tuesday and he told me "I don't have a date. I'm still talking it over with my family." Then I asked him on Thursday what was up with all the Syracuse picks for him and he said, "I have no idea" and that he would let me know when he has a date set. Sanders went dark on me about two weeks ago.

My Louisville sources are ducking my questions like Floyd Mayweather ducked real challengers in the late 00's which could mean a number of things. I know Sanders likes to keep things covert and perhaps their tightlippedness is an indicator of good things. That or no one really knows.

I reached out to a Maryland source who told me they've been talking to Sanders some but that they have been all in on Caleb Williams who is probably going to Oklahoma. he also told me he believes the Terps are higher on Brayden Zermeno from California than Sanders.
Locksley is a good recruiter but I find it hard to believe he can just undo the efforts of the Lousiville staff but turning up the heat on Sanders last minute after missing on Williams. That being said, Sanders' timing of the hourglass tweet and Maryland probably realizing they missed on Williams and giving Sanders the green light could be a possibility. I doubt it though.

I think UCF is also in the mix here and there could possibly be another school out there I haven't heard mentioned in Sanders recruitment but I'm keeping my futurecast for Sanders to Louisville.

EDIT: Two minutes after I posted this Sanders responded to my text asking if he's set a commitment date and he responded "not yet."

What a job...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News